Launcher not launching?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by V193R, Aug 19, 2015.

1. V193R

Hello fellow Planetsiders,

Yesterdays I played normally without any problems. I closed the game, turned the Computer off and went to bed. Today I wanted to play again, but as I clicked on the PS2 button, a window popped up:

Launchpad Shell
    Updating components

It didn't update, it closed again. After that, I couldn't open the launcher at all. When i double-click on the icon, nothing happens, but a Launcher application is shown in the task manager. I already deleted the Cache, but nothing helped. Any ideas?
  2. Fatal_Finn

Same issue here :l

I was able to play fine just an hour ago, shouldn't have taken a break :p

How it looks like when launched via steam
    [IMG]
  3. user101

It's hard to fix a game that is completely broken.....!
  4. bonehead

Launcher not working for me either. I get same as screen shot above
  5. bonehead

can't even reinstall ... still get the same as screenshot above
  6. user101

Are you telling me the Dev's have killed there flag ship game....! And there is no recovery....!

Some one is going to pay....I see there is going to be openings at the DBGC for programmers....!

I managed to fix it last night and make it work....!
  7. bonehead

Well I even uninstalled the game and tried to to reinstall ..that fails with the same screen as above
    I this section should be re-titled "No Player Support"
  8. user101

Don't use steam.... only use the Real PS2 loader... from the web page... that might work.
  9. bonehead

Tried that
  10. user101

So it completely broken now.....! Well maybe they will fix it by the time I get back from work tonight.

I don't know why they don't just build a new 64 bit launcher.... and dump the x86 stuff. I miss the 1GB updates....that take all night .

You notice you don't see any Dev's talking about this problem.... !!!!
  11. SashsaACIII

Up Date PC Launcher *Component
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

*Version Live pley (open more menu)
    ®
  12. user101

You don't really think I am going to try a NEW Broken launcher.... do you.....!!!! They might kill my game machine...
  13. Carthage

I'm having the same problem, it works if i reinstall but once i log out, it comes up with that screen and I have to redownload the game.

I also updated it. Not sure what the problem is...
  14. Roach75

I was able to play fine 6 hrs ago, go to login now and I get this exact launcher screen
  15. brianlol3

i have the same problem.
    what can i do to fix it?
  16. Roach75

not that I've seen yet, I can't login and get nothing but that screen shot above
  17. Roach75

I just verified through steam in the hope that it'll connect and download the latest updates from PS2 when it launches, will see what happens, wishing my impatience to play hadn't got the better of me but just want to play and the lack of information on the issue is frustrating.
  18. V193R

I found a solution to this problem!

1) Delete the cache folder in launchpad.libs
    2) Run the Launcher
    3) Just let it run a few minutes, it will eventually open
    4) go to advanced settings and click on "validate all assets"
    5) it will automatically repair your launcher

Worked for me!
  19. Ripsipiirakka

I tried but didn't work. Still have the half error screen as the screenshot above.
  20. Roach75

nothing, still on the screenshot shown above, have left it for 20mins