Launcher crashes silently

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DeusExBoomstick, May 10, 2013.

1. AtomWashington

Praise to General Fussypants, this worked for me:

2. mattMedix

3. Dabsch

Tried all the proposed solutions. None of them worked for me. I am stuck with a slow connection, downloading the whole thing again... would be...... very unpleasant.
  4. Pelojian

I tried all those listed except for the test server one, since I'm not sure whether you would be able to log in to live servers updated with test data.

Renaming the SOE folder increased the data the launcher wanted to download five-fold. luckily i didn't delete the SOE folder.
  5. SIDDHARTH GARG

I AM NOT DOWNLOADING THE WHOLE GAME ASSETS AGAIN.HELP SOE HELP !HELP!I WOULD DIE WITHOUT PLAYING THIS GAME !
  6. SIDDHARTH GARG

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  7. SIDDHARTH GARG

This is what happening it closes automatically at 1:13
    • Up x 1
  8. iccle

I had exactly the same issue yesterday, initially i thought it was because i had not updated since the amerish lattice patch. I tried validating the assets which went fine, but whenever i logged in and the patcher started to patch it silently crashed each and every time.

The only solution i found was to re-install all 9gb :x
  9. Droolguy

I would like to add my name to the list that this is effecting.

It just closes itself and there's nothing I can do about it, I have tried everything listed here.
  10. Bubbay

+1 here on this issue. Was out of town the last few weeks, and when it tries to install the 1,692 MB patch, it crashes silently. It gets a little farther each time, but keeps crashing.

Tried validating, it found 240-some files to fix, but the same crash happens when it tries to fix them. I will try the other solutions posted here to see if they resolve things.
  11. Bubbay

OK, so current results when trying the listed fixes:

1) Deleting the "...\locallow\sony online entertainment" folder: Unsuccessful
    2) Deleting the Assets folder that mattMedix linked to: Unsuccessful
    3) Rebuiling launcher as suggested by Jesse by using the PS2_setup.exe file: this made it try to install the entire game again, which is what I am trying to avoid.
    4) Firewall, Admin rights, all that stuff mentioned: These are all handled as appropriate.

Side note: My installation was done through Steam. After going through this and failing, I went into Steam and used "Validate Local Game Cache" and it forced me to redownload the entire game. All 9.3 gigs. So....fun. Yeah.

Perhaps the issue is related to users who play via Steam?
  12. FrostyGambit

I am exactly in line with post #30 and tried all previous options listed. I'm not going to throw my weight around, but who wants a membership to a game they can't play?

Edit: Just so we're clear, it doesn't crash while I 'Validate' if I can quickly get to that option and start it beforehand. However, that's not much use if it doesn't fix the problem, but it may help shed some light on the source of the issue. - Because then after it does a short 'Validate' it picks back up on the update download, and proceeds to silently crash.

◘ And to note, the Test Server is right now updating 8Gb worth faster and without any crash.
  13. FrostyGambit

I was able to correct the issue by "babysitting" the resource packs as I saw the launcher crash I deleted the corresponding packs and let them rebuild. (About 10 in all for me.) Seemed like the update got much smaller, but I am playing again right now.
    Not something one wants to do to play, but if you want the job done right...
  14. Chrisbreezy

So i tried playing this game roughly a year and a half ago. Had this issue. Said "Screw it" and played other games. My Guild is now trying to play this game and i decided to try again. SAME ISSUE!!!!! Figured this would be fixed by now but if losing players is something that this game is trying to do then if this isnt fixed in the next few days you can say good bye to 12 players, Some new and some veterans. We are all sick of this patcher.

#140701-000762

Sincerely,
    Glad we didn't have to pay money for this

(Apologies for the snarkiness but this should have been fixed already)
  15. stopher87

The only thing that worked for me was running the launcher in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode.
  16. Zackyy

I don't have the Sony Online Entertainment folder anywhere, but I still fixed the problem.

1) If you're using Steam, then do the local files check (Game > Properties > Local Files > Check Cache)
    2) Next time you're about to fight malware or clean your PC, add everything that is connected with Planetside to your antivirus exceptions
    3) THIS IS HOW I FIXED THIS PROBLEM: Go to Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > Planetside 2 and launch it AS ADMINISTRATOR.

It will still downloads some files, but it works and that's what we all wanted.

Hope this helps.
  17. Ironsider42

just wanting to say this still happens since it happened to me