Launcher crash issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jonkey, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Jonkey

Hi,
    Not run PS2 in a week or so due to illness, but saw there had been an update today and so ran the standalone launcher to patch.
    Update started then hung my machine completely, I had to do a hard reset to recover, and from then the PS2 launcher opens then get to the point where I it should start to do the update or check or something then it crashes.
    I thought the crash might have corrupted something so backed up my PS2 directory then removed PS2 and the files from my system.
    I did a clean launcher install, and when it started up it asked me for my login details, got them, then crashed at exactly the same point, and this now happens every time I try and launch PS2, cannot find anything resembling this problem listed elsewhere

Can anyone suggest anything?
  2. Jonkey

So, solved this with a fresh head this morning. Dived into the logs and found the entry "failed to get stream from plugin", which when googled lead here : https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/launchpad-crashes-at-update.126993/

Went to the relevant location and deleted the directory (and it's current named equivalent) and lo and behold, all now working.

Looks like the crash caused or was caused by corruption or something in that location, and I'd missed deleting it when clearing PS2 down last night

Back to the fight...
  3. HopeOne

2021 now and I also get the "failed to get stream from plugin" error in the logs after the update from yesterday.
    Deleting or renaming the folder in LocalLow doesn't help. Game crashes just before getting to character menu.

I tried: Updating drivers, updating windows, installed it twice via Steam/only Launcher, verified Files