Lattice links have been added between all adjacent warpgate-bordering territories.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zukhov, Jun 3, 2014.

1. zukhov

This is the best strategic change to the game since the lattice was introduced. Now you have a reason to be afraid of the enemy army approaching your warpgate.
    • Up x 2
  2. Prudentia

well atleast now you can reach west amerish from the east by warpgating one faction when you have huge overpop and not only Need huge overpop to reach the single lattice link that was connecting the 2 ampstations with the rest of Amerish....
    • Up x 1
  3. OldCuban

So does this mean we're going back to camping the warpgate of a faction that's been " gated "?

/sarcasm on

Those were fun times back in PS1 eh?

/sarcasm off

In all honestly I welcome the change, and look forward to seeing how it affects overall gameplay.
  4. PurpleOtter

This will have significant effect when they implement the Intercontinental lattice system. Defenders will have larger front to protect and the attackers will have more strategic options...
  5. MrJengles

This was an excellent change!
  6. FateJH

[IMG]
    All of the Warp Gates on Amerish are unfair for one reason or another, and I think it's this way on every continent unfortunately.

Above is just an example with Amp Stations, but consider BioLabs - the NW Warp Gate has to travel all the way across the continent just to try to contest either of the other BioLabs and, if they don't pass right through at least one major Tech Plant, they have to navigate the triangles of doom at the center of Amerish. Tech Plants are the only almost fair bases for all three gates, and I think the Southern Warp Gate is still heavily favored.

Personally, I think one problem might be the bases just adjacent to the Warp Gate. Are any of them still decent to fight in when multiple platoons from both sides descend upon them?