lattice base orbital strikes need to go...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Liewec123

I get that construction is the black swan, out of place and seeking a purpose,
    but destroying regular gameplay is not that purpose...

as i type this we have TI Alloys, and ALL THREE factions have OS relays set up within 1000m,
    i spent some time setting up a spawn router indoors, BOOM gone from OS, lame and skill-less, but meh...
    so i spawned a max to defend the indoor A point, BOOM oneshot by that 1000m deathray INDOORS,
    this is simply ridiculous, whoever had the wise idea to allow orbital strikes within no-construct zones,
    THEY WERE WRONG, please fix this nonsense.

preemptive response: "well then destroy the orbital relay!"
    i spent FIVE MINUTES shooting an uplink with maxed reload engi AV turret, after i'd taken out all modules...
    the base owner returned multiple times and i killed him and then continued pummelling away on the seemingly invincible OS relay....

one person right clicking to nuke an entire base IS NOT good for this game,
    everyone is blaming Wrel, but Wrel plays the game,
    and noone who plays the game would think OS on lattice bases is a good idea...
    regardless of whoever put forward this blooper of an idea, please remove it.

anyone else already tired of insta-death for an entire base because one guy left clicked?
    • Up x 6
  2. Campagne

I agree, it's just terrible. Not fun for anyone without a hand on the detonator.

Often hits plenty of allies too.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jerrmy13

You can easily run away from it.
    • Up x 3
  4. Doc Jim

Remove Orbital Strikes altogether, give players a cert/DBC refund.
    • Up x 2
  5. karlooo

Yeah the Orbital strike update was bad, it ruins both allied and enemies gameplay. This whole construction update was bad and lazy. Very disappointing for the ppl who waited for it, for a very long period.
    Like I always try to find something positive, create a new strategy for example. But everything sucks about it and there is nothing enjoyable to do with it.
    But the whole game is confusing and feels unfinished.
    • Up x 2
  6. Who Garou

The Orbital strikes make player-made bases a threat.

And, yeah, if you don't want to be Orbital strike fodder, go take out the base.

There was an "issue" with the Orbital Strikes being invulnerable.
    The DEVs have supposedly fixed that.

I've probably been in the vicinity of 10-15 orbital strike and have been killed by 1.
    • Up x 3
  7. Beerbeerbeer

I agree, it’s really lame.

Putting in a punitive measure to enhance a backwater part of the game is stupid and counterproductive. Let’s make player-made bases more important by making them ruin the other 99% of the game. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Yeah we get it, but this stick doesn’t work. People will just not care about the game before we give a crap about the dumb player-made bases.

There’s other ways to make these bases more important...think you morons.

Get rid of this crap. It really is ruining the game and it will be abused. In fact I’ll abuse the crap out of it.
    • Up x 1
  8. FateJH

Don't you mean you'll use them as they were intended to be used?
    • Up x 1
  9. Blam320

The devs are in the process of changing Orbital Strikes to only EMP and bounce around people who are inside lattice bases. I really see no issue with making the OS a tool that's actually used.
    • Up x 2
  10. Jerrmy13

same, but only before the bugfix, since I was outside of the radius but still died.
  11. Silkensmooth

Agreed. These Orbital Strikes are horrible.

The construction system is horrible.

Attacking player made bases is horrible.

What should be done is to have 3 places on the map, 1 for each faction, which is a latttice link and which is tthe only place where a base may be built.

Then buildings which exist in the game should be used and players will collect cortium in order to place the buildings to build bases.

Anyone can collect cortium and add tot he size of the base.

The would create some amazing playermade bases that arent absolutely horrible to attack.

If we HAVE to have construction at all.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pacster3

Whine, whine, whine...and you still know nothing about orbitals although they are in the game fpr like a year. Possibly cause they have never been used.
    You get a warning, you can run from them, you see on the map when you are in the strike zone and should be prepared for a strike to happen. It ain't hard.

Oh...and instead of nuking that orbital it would have been smart to just destroy the silo...wait a few seconds...and then the unpowered orbital goes down in like 5 shots. Given how large the orbital relay is it should be hard to take down cause you can not protect it with anything and any tank could take it down from the horizon.
    • Up x 1
  13. rsonny

Orbital Strikes is very good. DB please dont nerf it.
    • Up x 2
  14. raffa2

Orbital strike in lattice is one of the most fun things that happened to the game, together with air anomalies.
    • Up x 3
  15. Liewec123

you're in Ti alloys, enemies are coming across the canyon arch, enemies are pushing in from the east, all exits are sieged,
    you cannot run, all you can do is die like everyone else in the base.
  16. Pacster3

Yeah, that's epic. That's fun. Your problem?
    • Up x 1
  17. Liewec123

we have vastly different ideas of fun...
    • Up x 2
  18. Violence777

for 100 certs you can buy a flail and an ai module. you can kill orbital strikes with a flail and they dont even show up on the map. Step 1, fill ant with 3k cordium or so. step two, park less than 500 meters from your intended target. Step three, drop a silo, ai module and flail and THATS IT. You're firing in no time as there is no charge up. (Note: you might have to get sneaky and take the enemy skyshield out)
    Its a new meta. Get Good mate.
    • Up x 1
  19. LtBomber

Rly?
    I have no trouble surving multiple OS in a row by hugging an indoor wall. Ofc, choose the right one, facing away rom the blast...
    Sundi with shield doesnt get destroyed.
    Take out routers, they are free, just grab a new one.
    OS takes time, dont exeggerate.
    You can allways attack the bases with armor, air, ants mining laser, otherbases (ipc/flail/os).
    No invournable walls, no more skyshield burn.
    Dont be lazy!
  20. Xebov

I agree with the OP.

Bases can be build anywhere you want as long as you can get an ANT there. This can be far behind your own lines, in areas tanks cant go or that are difficult to assault. The refinery bases already showed how creative players can get. You can defend them well against air attacks (better than lattice bases). This makes reactions to attack them hard and the game has turned away from propper team play years ago, so expecting it in this case is wrong.

Besides the design flaws for bases you the OS is an extremely powerfull tool that is handed to a single player. A single player decides where to fire it and can have a great possitive or negative impact on your faction. Since the patch ive seen numerous occasions where they where missused. Since players found out that you can kill players inside the spawn ive seen numerous OS that where placed there when the base was lost by the defender or during fights by the attacker with the sole purpose of getting kills. Ive seen several instances where a faction called them on a base where 2 other factions where fighting that they couldnt attack to get kills as well. Ive also seen a Biolab fight during a Biolab event where defenders placed 2 orbitals in short succession that caused the defender troops to be forced to fall back from the scu or get killed making it easy for the attacker to take it over. In this case it caused the defender faction to score 3rd in the event.

I dont find fights with OS enjoyable no matter who calls them down as it constantly interrupts the fight and often has no strategic value to the outcome besides someone who wants to force a gigantic death ray down. Its simply to much power for a single player to have as the decision to place it is a single player decision that effects alot of other players.

I would like to see OS completely removed. The Flail shows how base buildings should work with specific canons that work in a limited area and have the impact of a single vehicle or maybe 2.