Latency spikes still seen this weekend Connery unplayable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OneShadowWarrior, May 21, 2022.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I can just login to Connery at Sanctuary and sit and see bad connects with server latency shooting way beyond 300 ms. Starts at 6 pm PST and goes thru midnight. The network traffic is more prevalent on weekends.

I am perplexed that Emerald can have over 2000+ players and it runs smooth as butter. Yet Connery Server is practically my back yard and it runs like hell.

The game was getting momentum friends were returning and once they see server performance is sub par, they left as quickly as they came back.
    • Up x 1
  2. OneShadowWarrior

The Connery Server was fine all morning with my low 20 ms ping, latency just as low. 4:51 pm the spikes hit. Bad Connection, 150-625+ ms latency.
  3. TomPeregrin

Same for me, NZST 1545-1615. I played on regardless for a while hoping it would get better, but after 30 mins of rubbish play decided enough was enough
  4. Heimrick

Same here, ~1min till even logged in, just lags in Sanctuary, then disconnected.
  5. OneShadowWarrior

Tonight 7:02 pm it hits again, poor connection quality, right on schedule. Back to Emerald again.
  6. Mithril Community Manager

We are continuing to look into this matter this week. Thank you for your feedback everyone.
  7. Proscribed

Connery @ 2248 EST