[Latency issues EU] DBG please extend the agreement with DTAG.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Strikejk, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Strikejk

DBG had a 3month trial period for a 10GE direct connection to Deutsche Telekom AG to reduce the latency and packet loss for DTAG customers. Furthermore this "private connection" reduced the overall impact on the shared connections every ISP (Internet Service Provider) used to route from Germany to the EU servers.

In short: DBG had a 3month trial period to noticeably reduce the latency & packet loss for all players from Germany.
    source

Considering the time of the post this agreement has probably ended around 2 weeks ago. This is congruently with my personal observation. I also noticed a growing amount of reddit threads mentioning latency issues from germany and sharing the same observation.

This leads to my conclusion that the trial period has ended.

The latency issues we have to deal again is immense, especially on weekends. I am talking about latency's above 120ms on **average** at prime time and
    *connection quality: bad*. This is unplayable for a FPS and will make German customers vanish from the game in no-time!

I am here to ask DBG to extend this service agreement of DTAG for at least 1year. I know you are guys are short on money but considering that a substantial amount of paying customers come from germany this is a so called "must have". Please support me with this request.

X-Post on Reddit
    • Up x 3
  2. SynaptixBrainstorm

Well i think this problem is not getting touched at all in the near future. Like PrompCritical said "Good News: Trial period hasnt started, Bad News: Trial period hasnt started"

That statement alone...it was several months ago they even considered that and still nothing to this day.

Im gonna stick around for a little longer but if thats not resolved in the next month or two then im out of here..

thats one way to loose a everyday players who started playing this since release.... so sad.:(