Lasher vs MAX

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Frosty The Pyro, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Frosty The Pyro

the lasher used to kill maxes very, very well, due to it dealing explosive damage, it was to me at least one of their selling points. in VR it would take about 18 shots to kill a (stock) max, and VR splash is buggy so it may have been as few as 12 (by math of adding in the effect of 75 additional explosive damage).

however in a recent post I had mentioned lashers being an antimax gun and someone did a test and it took them ~9 seconds by there count to kill a max with the lasher, which caused me to retest in VR. The result was taking ~67 orbs, which coincided with small arms fire, not explosive damage. Of course as stated vr is buggy with splash, adding in the effect of 75 splash in explosive damage would make it take 24 shots. much better than 67 but still worse than the 18 or 12 of yore.

I am going to be unable to do any significant testing for a while. So I am asking yall to look into this, test lasher vs max in non-VR settings.

see its 12,18,24 or 67 shots.
  2. VoidMagic

Decimator make max go boom. <--- I know, not the most intelligent response... but relevant.
  3. starlinvf

Its the way damage is dealt. Explosives with a projectile element would always deal either/or damage. Either Direct damage only on a hit, or splash only if it doesn't. For a time, Lashers were an exception to this rule as they dealt both on impact to offset the speed of the orbs.

If this was changed, then it should be hurting its TTK against infantry as well.
  4. AgentSpades

The vr is buggy because a direct hit by a lasher adds the splash on top of the direct hit damage. Where as at the vr, splash isnt taken into effect.
  5. TheReaperKing82

From what I have heard, lashers are the most effective against MAX units because if you directly hit then with the orbs, it deals both direct hit damage and splash damage. Now the direct hit damage is reduced by 80% because of the MAX small arms resistance but the splash damage is only reduced by 50% because it is a different kind of damage. Because it deals both types of damage, the max is basically being damaged by two sources that add up
  6. Pikachu

Default RL makes them go boom just as good with the bonus of reloading faster.
    • Up x 1
  7. VoidMagic

I like boom boom. Deci big bada boom. :D
  8. oherror

Think they nerfed the reload a bit and the drop (drops more faster). Defualt rocket is better for for running and reloading. Deci is good for sneaking and flanking.
  9. VoidMagic

Deci need some nerfs cause, it's such an OP speed demon lockon insta kill... /not
    Not to mention it's not like all three factions can use it... /endrant
  10. Pie Chasm

As a MAX regularly facing VS troops, the lasher is in most cases redundant, because the splash damage over the radius does not phase engineer healing..

If you are up against a MAX in CQC with a Lasher, your face will be melted well before you can fire enough to even put a dent in him.

At a range, an AV max will still trounce you in most cases.

I can't remember the last time I died, or was dealt most of the damage by a Lasher as either MAX, or infantry, which doesn't mean by itself that the weapon is bad, yet it just so happens to be.

In any case, it makes more sense to take out a rocket launcher, pelt him and retreat to cover, or throw C4 at him with an LA.