Lasher or Ursa

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TheZetifate1745, Feb 13, 2017.

1. TheZetifate1745

I'm almost to a 1000 certs and i want to get good heavy assault vs gun but i dont know wether to get lasher or ursa they are pretty much opposites and both good in their roles. Lasher is good with lot of people close together and ursa can 1 v one someone with its practically hit scam bullets at medium range.
  2. Colinljx

I would say neither, no LMG kills faster than Orion, even at long ranges. Lasher is just worse than the default rocket launcher. I would recommend getting yourself the Nemesis (Anti-Air lock-on launcher that can also be used for rocket spamming like the default) or 2 bricks of C4.
  3. TheZetifate1745

I have both of those things im talking about this.
  4. TheZetifate1745

Or three of those
  5. Eternaloptimist

As a VS I have not tried the Ursa or the Lasher in live play (though I found the Lasher TTK to be less than I would like in VR Training). As one of the other factions I cannot remember the last time either of them actually killed me (been playing a couple of years now) and that is not because of any shortage of Lasher spam. If I could only choose one of the two I would go for the Ursa.

But I guess it depends a bit on playstyle and headshotting ability (for the low ttk or low RoF weapons). Now, this may sound a bit of a bizarre idea, but I like to find a balance between RoF and useability at all ranges and the Pulsar LSW with foregrip and compensator does a good job for me in that all-round role, recognising that I am not a headshot MLG pro so I tend to use more bullets per kill.

But if you are not too bothered by lower RoF I can say I also found the Flare to be a good (and harder hitting per bullet) weapon at medium to long range.

TL;DR it's between the Flare and the Ursa for me. Worth trying them both out in VR or on trial.
  6. Money

save your certs. Nothing is better(LMG wise) than your Orion until you get your Goose.
  7. TheZetifate1745

Guys i got ursa and i trialed lasher it was pretty good now i savin up for ursa attachments
  8. Lord_Avatar

9. entity009

Well, he will need to arax 5 lmgs to get that BG so he cant just use the orion until he gets it.

Orion is an all arounder
    Flare is midrange
    Ursa is midrange
    Polaris is cqc but can midrange.
    SVA88 is an all arounder.

Those are the 5 I am doing and i find each of them great at thier roles. The SVA-88 is my favorite as its alot like the orion with more options.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

don´t confuse lasher with lancer
  11. Colinljx

Don't confuse what you saw with what you think you saw. A Lasher heavy is garbage in suppressing enemies compared to a rocket spamming heavy, especially when both have infinite ammo with the assistance of a grenade launcher spamming engineer.
  12. TR5L4Y3R

matter of what to trade be it alpha dmg or rate of fire imo ..