Laser sight for Sas-r, Ghost, T-sar

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Dead soldier, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Dead soldier

Title says it all. These bolt action weapons all have low zoom optics and, I think designed for closer quarters. Why not give it a laser sight?
    • Up x 3
  2. Kenshin02

I'm not sure if the laser sight makes the hipfire accurate enough to land headshots... that's something to check
  3. Dead soldier

I just want it to be good enough so if you're in 10 meters or so, you will at least get a hit
    • Up x 4
  4. m44v

I don't like laser sights, they have that idiotic beam that everyone can see. I would rather them to not have sway.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ztiller

Why on earth would you want better accuracy on a perfect accuracy weapon?
    • Up x 1
  6. Plague Rat

Based on the degree a laser sight impacts the hip fire RoF, it would bring these rifles about on par with the spread of a shotgun. It wouldn't tighten NEARLY enough to do what you want to do with it. The semi-scout rifles for example already has good hip fire, and even with the laser, snapping of a hip fire headshot is still very much luck based. Sniper rifles have nearly DOUBLE the hip fire CoF of a scout rifle. At best you can expect every encounter to be a game of russian roulette.

They're long range weapons rebalanced with lower scopes to kinda work at mid, so you'll be holding your breath for a long while if you're expecting sniper rifles to get CQ capability. They don't want these weapons to be able to be used for hip fire snap shots. This is obvious just from using the weapon from a few minutes. The massive hip fire CoF, the way movement impacts CoF, both hip and ADS, more than any other weapon type. You can TRY to use them like that but don't expect the dev team to make it easier.

If that's the gameplay you want just go LA with a pump-action, or cross your fingers and wait for the NS revolver, but I doubt that'll be a one-shot.
  7. Dead soldier

Press "L" to remove the laser.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dead soldier

Hip-fire accuracy sucks on Bolt-action
    • Up x 2
  9. SpaceKing

I'd really like HS/NV for my TSAR. And HV ammo for my HSR-1.
    • Up x 1
  10. Dead soldier

What's HS/NV, IR/NV?
  11. m44v

As far as I know, that doesn't remove the red beam everyone else sees from your model.
  12. Dead soldier

oh well that's odd
  13. SpaceKing

Don't know what it's called in Vanu but yeah, the night vision scope.
  14. commandoFi

Just putting this out there, but the laser beam can be seen clipping through walls, so just hit "L" and disable it.

Hip fire on the standard Semi-auto snipers is actually the worst, bolt action is still bad though.
  15. m44v

doesn't that just disable it from the first person view while still visible for everyone else?
  16. necrolamington

Also take away the scope sway on all of the close range sniper rifles; the scope sway is supposed to be just you looking through a higher zoom scope and then noticing the inherent sway of any weapon and not something that applies to a specific type of gun.

Logically any gun with a high enough zoom (6x+) gun should get scope sway, as the scope just amplifies the sway that is already there to more noticeable levels.
    • Up x 1
  17. Manetheren

Soooooo since when does TSAR-42 have HS/NV? o_O
  18. Mekhazzio

They took shotguns away from infiltrators for a reason.
  19. SpaceKing

did not read

was asking for it
  20. Dead soldier

What??