LAs dont need another ability. They are just fine

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Jackalmaster, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Jackalmaster

I mostly play LA and I dont think LA needs any more abilities. They can fly/hover. That is their ability. Why do you guys want something else? Dual wielding is a dumb idea in my opinion and you are giving into the COD crybabies. The argument that every other class has an F key ability is also not a valid argument.

They are the most maneuverable of the classes and they are the best class for squad leading, AMS hunting. Devs I am very happy with my LA.

Just fix the flashbangs by not letting them ignore walls.
    • Up x 1
  2. LibertyRevolution

We would like a tool.. all we have is an ability.
    Where is my TOOL!!!!

I also do not want to dual wield... I have an ammo problem already, thanks.

I hate you flashbang users.. you end up blinding your own team.
    Just use smoke, at least you team can see through it with HS/NV.
  3. Wolfwood82

Honestly Jackal, your point is ill thought out.

You say we have an ability, and this is true. JJs are probably the single best ability in the game. However, we have no direct team support function.

We aren't the best leaders, nor the best AMS hunters. We are damn good at locating and engaging strategic targets true. However the best AMS hunters are probably vehicles, especially tanks. A good flanking maneuver with a tank will destroy a Sunderer and everyone around it far more reliably then a lone nut with 2 blocks of C4 surrounded by a horde of enemies. Especially a Sunderer at full health, as the LA has to come up with some clever scheme (which typically involves a vehicle) to damage that Sunderer by a fraction before planting the C4.

And just because we can plant a squad beacon in remote areas does NOT make us the best leaders. There is far more to leading a squad then a minor ability with very limited usefulness. Any class can plant a beacon in a secure enough location that is far enough behind friendly lines as to not be quickly discovered and destroyed, yet close enough to the action to be a useful spawn point. This is not very hard in fact.

Also, flashbangs ARE annoying from grenade happy LAs who can't identify friend from foe. Worse because you probably don't catch grief and are just as likely to cause friendly deaths.

And most LA don't want Dual Wield from what I've read.
  4. ColtCommando

Have they stated what they intend for us to dual wield even? Are we talking pistols/smgs? I cant imagine that being anything but extremely gimmicky
  5. DuckSauce

What does a tool slot have to do with Call of Duty?!

Also, flashbang fix incoming according to Jimmywhis.
    • Up x 2
  6. Jordonp

I actually like the idea of dual wielding, as the biggest problem I see with LA is a lack of ammo, so dual wielding would double our ammo.

Another idea I like that was discussed as similar to dual wielding was just being able to carry 2 primary weapons, like being able to carry both a carbine and a shotgun (and only equip one at a time). This also helps with the ammo problem and gives the LA more versatility, which I think is one of the classes strong points.
    • Up x 2
  7. Kogmaw

I do agree (obviously) i play a lot of LA myself, i dont feel an ability is necessary, but it would be nice to get something

ive pitched this in one or two threads before, but i think it would be really nice to allow the LA's to carry two different types of grenades. i think this would really help with helping out team, making us versatile to our team, without removing the lethality of a regular grenade.

but thats just me. dual wield doesnt really sit well with me, and im relatively accurate with my weapons, so ammo isnt really too much of a problem.

and i am desperately awaiting the flash-bang fix. i love them in use with my shotty, but the distance i have to cross so im not hit by my own is a pain
  8. Daibar

ability we have, it's a tool i'd like to see on my class.
    as it is now, i use a radar flash, 75 meters, and i've heard the infiltrators b1tch and m0an about the radar they have.

i'd take that if i cannot get an explosives disarm and recovery kit.
  9. Flukeman62

all I want is a better melee system something that allows me to equip my knife and punch with my other hand (to make enemys stagger but causes next to no damage)
  10. DrTeeth

A tool would be nice. Back in beta when they changed the spawn beacons I advocated that they should be given to the Light Assault class instead of whoever happened to be the squad leader. I still think that would be a great idea. Often the squad leader has other things on their mind, or aren't playing LA, so their beacon is easily accessed and destroyed. The SLs have so many other duties that it makes sense to offload one task to a class that's best suited to doing it.

Plus, now you can deploy on a squad leader using the map also, no beacon needed! It would be a great way to boost LA's team play, more beacons would be used, would give LAs a reason to cert into the Leadership tree, and would make all-LA spec ops squads more viable.
  11. DrTeeth

12. Armed Weasel

Like Heavy Assault, they should get a tool that gives them an edge in combat rather than just providing some utility, I think. Personally, I think a small advanced riot shield makes the most sense. You switch to it while jump jetting to block some small arms shots so you can maneuver without being gunned down. Then, land at the firing position you wanted, put the shield away, and line up a shot with your gun.

Can't think of too many tools that would really suit the class other than that.
  13. Mythicrose12

I'd settle for the ability to use flash (or smoke) grenades while retaining frag grenades. Currently have to use Soltice SF with underbarrell smoke grenade launcher to get this effect. Great for team play in Biolabs. Replenishable smoke grenades while carrying flash bangs (though the non outfit players hate me for them). It'd be nice if I didn't have to use the Soltice SF, though, for that kind of team play.
  14. DuckSauce

The jump jets give you an edge in combat.
  15. Jackalmaster

Well sure land and air vehicles are the best for taking out an AMS but thats comparing apples to oranges IMO. But out of all the classes, excluding infiltrator, the LA has the best chance of getting close to an AMS. and based on exp, most players dont bother repairing their AMS to full health. But even if that is not the case, we(my outfit) try to move with 2 LAs on an AMS at all times.

You are so wrong on this. An LA(especially 1 with lvl 5 JJ) can put beacons high up on towers, or mountain ledges away from the reaches of any other class outside of air units which increases the chance it wont get destroyed. But I have to say, when I speak about spawn beacons, I mean lvl 4-5 beacons.

True but I believe FBs are good when coordinating with groups of ppl over voice/text.

But I am glad that dual wield hasn't been well received by the LA community.
  16. Voraen

I want something that stops be from taking fall damage from ANY height and maybe a few more ammo and C4 slots then ill be sweet. :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Armed Weasel

I'm hitting space bar but all I'm seeing is the cross hairs getting farther apart, the ceiling above point A getting closer, and a mine detonating without any feet touching the ground.
  18. DuckSauce

LOL. Don't be a smart ***. The infiltrator's cloak isn't very useful if you pop it during a firefight, either. :p
  19. Wolfwood82

In order for me to be wrong, you would have to present some form of evidence that contradicts what I said. I said there was more to leading a squad then tossing out spawn beacons, and that LA are not automatically the best squad leaders just because they have JJ. You did not present anything other then what amounts to common knowledge and basic derp tactics, in fact, I had already commented on the tactics you attempted to point out. It's a very minor thing to be able to set a spawn beacon up high. I do it often myself, I also destroy them quite often. Does this REALLY make my favored class "the best leader"? No more then it might the best "plan screwer" because I can get up there and destroy those beacons easily. It's a minor trick and nothing more, and it isn't even limited to LA. Any class can jump in an ESF or hot drop on a target base and deploy a spawn beacon somewhere on a rooftop. This really does not take a lot of brain power to figure out.

Personally I've lost more AMSes to engineers then I have LA. We're rarely in a good location to launch an attack against a well guarded AMS site, and in the event we encounter an AMS site that is not well guarded, other classes can take it out just as easily (if not more so), and far more efficiently. And when you compare the 5-12 seconds it takes to plant 2 C4 and fire a couple of grenades to the simple charge to AMS, drop anti-tank mine, respawn trick that engineers do, there really is no contest.

However if you are hell bent on being as vague and broadly laid out as possible then LA are the best snipers, the best infiltrators, the best assault troops, the best base cappers, the best gen poppers, and the best EVERYTHING else. Simply because our JJs give us THAT level of flexibility and mobility. We should be able to carry repair tools because we could be the best turret fixers. We should also carry med apps because we could be the best medics. This line of logic has no end.

Your points continue to be ill thought out.
  20. Ghostloadout

I'd like the ability to spawn a flash wherever I am, if I have RES and cooldown. The potential for this would be insane, flying up to a low roof and spawning in a scout radar flash, or the ability to troll in biolabs would be nice as well, not too useful, not useless, just fun and hilarious, with a slight amount of troll. Hunting tanks might be valid then, drive around with an m40 fury shooting sniping tanks from behind, as well as having a way to combat sundys without C4.