Lancer! Striker! Phoenix!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Transvestosaurus, Mar 1, 2013.

1. C0L0NELH0GAN

Can't wait for a bunch of NC HAs sitting still while steering their pewpew Missle and a shot their butt from behind :cool:
  2. Navoletti

WHY VANU HAVE THE MOST POOR OF THE 3 ROCKET LAUNCHERS?
    LOW DAMAGE IN THE MAX RECHARGE AND A REAL DISAVANTAGE IN THE 4 SECS OF YOU NEED WAIT FOR SHOTS.

THE LEVEL 1 SHOT HAVE VERY VERY LOW DAMAGE...WHY ALL TIME YOU LAUNCH NICE WEAPON OP FOR NC AND S... WEAPON FOR VS AND TR?

THEY THINK IN THE BALANCE OF THE GAME?WELL MAX NC OP,VANGUARD OP,REAVER WEAPONS OP AND WHAT IS THE NEXT.......CONGRAGULATIONS A PHOENIX ROCKET LAUNCHER....

THEY NERF THE MAG,THEY DECIDE NERF PROWLER WHY NOT NERF THE MAX OF NC? OHH I REMEMBER IS OF THE NEW CONGLOMERATE THE FAVOURITE OP FACTION OF HIGBY SENIOR DIRECTOR OF SOE..

AND WHY DEVELOPERS NOT TALK IN THIS FORUM....WHY TALK IN REEDIT THIS IS THE FORUM OF THE GAME REALLY I NOT UNDERSTOOD THE HEADS AND ARGUMENTS OF DEVELOPERS FOR BALANCE THE GAME.

TR AND VS OTHER TIME LEFT BEHIND

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I TALK SPANISH.”
  3. pucwyczes

Navoletti everything you say sounds ******** and please, do some research.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bargus

If your basing your opinions regarding the launchers in terms of solo use then your somewhat off the mark. Solo use accounts for nothing , what's effective is when softcounters such as these are used in groups.

Coordinated Lancer Groups - Instakill - Galaxy's , liberators, sunderer's ,MBT's
    Coordinated Phoenix Groups - Has 0 use against aircraft , limited somewhat against tanks. However against deployed sunderer's it will prove in time more effective than AT mines
    Coordinated Striker Groups - 2.5 seconds to lock on + 3.75 seconds to unload all rounds. Then flight time , which could be +5 seconds at max range. So that gives in average , disregarding all counter measures or certs , +10 seconds for any vehicle whatsoever to break the line of sight and thus cancel all incoming damage.

Which if you have a brain as a ESF pilot is about 5 times more than you need
    Liberator pilots have a very good chance of survival
    MBT's at max range will be a nightmare to hit
    Incoming sunderers need only dart from rock to rock

Soooooo , here's a general tip. If your TR , stick with the AV turret and use the decimator. Until the TR launcher can potentially lock on to max's or dumbfire , its a halfassed weapon and will only excel in medium ranged engagements over flat ground.
    • Up x 2
  5. Flukeman62

one thing that the striker will be good for is that the enemy will think that there are 5 TR firing 1 rocket each, rather than 1 TR firing 5 rockets.
  6. bobby_m

I am really concerned about the nerf-potential.
    Coordinated lancer groups (which I totally wanna do) is almost impossible to balance. Only having good sniper teams (and just bum rushing them) might counter that. As soon as you can instagib MBTs and Libs, it will be so hard to take out.
    So my prediction: VS and NC will have a week or so of great fun, then, having already grabbed the money of the early adopters, they'll be nerfed greatly. Strikers will stay like that, maybe even get a dumb fire mode.
  7. Peebuddy

Pheonix with zero use against aircraft? Any ESF going in for an attack run is going to be extremely vulnerable, having no indicator that he's going to die in 2 seconds like lock-ons. Any idea if Pheonix's will one shot/ critical damage ESF?
  8. drNovikov

Well, I doubt it will be easy enough to shoot an ESF with that. Phoenix in PS2 does not look like a very maneuverable device.
  9. Noktdaz

You'd be surprised at how many people still hoverspam.
  10. MrDerpAssault

First of all, pls don't use caps, its very annoying and you sound like an attention *****. Second of all, NC MAX? You need to spend about 2000 certs to make it good, and it will be pretty much useless around 10m+ (unless you have slugs, but you will loose the ability to kill faster at point blank range). Reaver weapon OP? Currently, Vortex Rotary has a very weird gun placement, which makes it very inaccurate and for the AH, you will need to cert it ALOT to make it effective, and I don't really see many people using it recently. Vanguard? Maybe it might be good for head to head against other tanks since it has heavy frontal armor, but it pretty slow compared to other tanks that you will have a hard time running or dodging rockets. Please, do a lot more research before going full ret*rd mode. Please.
  11. Lexicon

I lol'd.
  12. MrDerpAssault

I mean you need to buy a gun on the other hand, so you can make AI max with it. But dual hacksaw + extended mag will cost thousands of certs.

Well lets don't go too off topic, I'm looking forward for the Phoenix ;)
  13. Larington

The Lancer is a teamplay weapon. If you want a rocket launcher that can do heavy 'surprise m-fer!' damage in the back, get a Decimator. Personally, I'm looking forward to putting my dirty hands all over the Lancer. My precious returns to me!
  14. Bargus

Bobby_m's most likely correct in his prediction. But just to be slightly more specific I am gonna call it here , 1-2 Weeks Lancer Projectile Velocity will be lowered to Saron/AP round speed.

That's a safe bet I think
  15. Anvildude

Here's a question: How many rockets does one shot of Flares get rid of? Because the Striker may very well have 4 more that continue after the countemeasures are fired...
  16. Granveil

All rockets currently in flight towards you, as well as breaking lock.
  17. bobby_m

If it works like normal lock on launchers (which it apparently does), one flare will block any and all missiles fired from anyone and will prevent lock on from anyone for a fixed amount of time. That's why the way flares work is not good :\.
    But realistic flares would kill performance even more than the game itself does (additional lock on signatures, blocking of missiles not fired at you etc).
  18. irishroy

TL;DR
    AND YOU CAN ALSO HIDE BEHIND A ROCK AND CHARGE; POP OUT AND SHOOT; AND THE HIDE AGAIN AND RELOAD AND CHARGE

UNDERSTODD?
    NEED A BIGGER SIZE?
    ^^
  19. TheHalo1Pistol

all I got out of that was "FAK U GOOBY"
  20. Veri

Please understand that typing in capitals does not make your point any clearer nor does it make your English any easier to understand.
    All it does is make you look like an obnoxious 12 year old forcing their opinion.

Please stay to using all lower case.