[Guide] Laggy Animations vs ADAD Spam

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Iridar51, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Iridar51

>>> Posted at Iridar.net <<<

It seems that "Doom Animations" are not connected to ADAD Warping after all, but they're still an issue that needs to be dealt with.

If any of you have an intel CPU with Hyper Threading, or AMD Ryzen CPU with SMT, and know your way around BIOS, I could use your help testing something.

I'd like to find out if laggy animation issue can be mitigated if the CPU cores are able to work on several threads at the same time.

So I need you to do this:
    1. Go to BIOS, disable all cores except one. Or set number of active cores to one. Turn off Hyper Threading or SMT.
    2. Launch PlanetSide 2, and notice if your animations become super laggy.
    3. Return to BIOS, enable Hyper Threading or SMT. Launch PlanetSide 2 and notice if your animations had become any better.
    4. Tests are done, restore your original BIOS settings and share the results.
  2. iDante

can you check something with ppls using macro crouching?
    lately i ve been seeing alot of ppls doing this macro crouch 9459843985 times per second and i ve noticed even when i see hit marker i dont do any dmg if the issue is that server cant register hits due to insane crouch spam Devs should take actions against it