Lagging like crazy, and it's getting worse!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NotziMad, Apr 13, 2020.

1. SpaceCheddar

Tried the VPN that I have which works for streaming HD videos/movies. I routed my traffic to the nearest city to the Emerald servers in VA. While the route was shorter, my ping and latency overall were increased.
  2. NotziMad

I'm sorry, honestly, I'm not at an IT guy or a tech guy, I don't know anything about this stuff, but what I shared is really what I did and it worked for me.

It's a wonder no one from Rogue Games (who's job it is) can helps us out ..

I guess they are to busy posting on redditt about outfit wars..
  3. NotziMad

I did some more testing, and I found (what may seem obvious) that :

1. performance changed significantly from one VPN to the other
    2. but the most important was the "route", and that's not necessarily something you can choose depending on what VPN you're using. What I mean is if I use 3 different VPNs all routed to Amsterdam, I get really good connection for 2 of them, but the 3rd one gives me almost the same connection as without it.

In other words; you might want to play around with them a bit.
  4. Foreboding

Yes, also completely unplayable for me on Emerald now. Connery runs fine, Emerald just disconnects me.
    • Up x 2
  5. SpaceCheddar

There were a couple of tweets an hour ago. Looks like they have confirmed the issue and are working to resolve it.
    • Up x 1
  6. NotziMad

awesome

(only took them 3 weeks) lol
  7. Planeswalker

For me, it is not that high ping, but there are intermittent issues, especially prime time where enemies and friends will skip alittle (enough to throw my aim off) or I will die before I see the enemy round the corner (clientside I know) but this has increased lately and is quite annoying. Also, the last few days sometimes friendly and enemy character models sometimes will be slow to render, like I will round a corner, see a few friendlies, but half a second later 2 more render in... it didnt use to be like that ever before. Think it started escalation or one patch after that.
    • Up x 1
  8. NeoKhor

I'm on Emerald. Since the Escalation Update and particularly during the last three (3) months, the in-game voice chat and sounds become increasingly muted as time goes on or when I enter large fights. Resetting the voice chat does not fix the issue. More importantly, the server latency spikes are becoming more frequent making this game unplayable.
  9. Asdead

hmmm i just back to play this game and encounter same problem do you have the solution? its really become unplayable coz of Server latency its even can reach 15k !!! Pls help
  10. Anantidaephobia

Please remember to upvote this bug report by clicking on the OP thumb up icon. Best way to see it adressed ASAP.