Laggggg Worse Since GU07

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kozmyk, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Kozmyk

I can play for a while, even in busy battles, but then the games just breaks.
    Characters Warp all over the place.
    FPS drops like a stone.
    I tried relogging, even restarting my PC but no ... when it happens it's happening at the game server end.
    My Net package is sound 60 down/3 up and there's no contention issue local to me when this behaviour starts up.

2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Regrettably this issue can be caused by a variety of different factors so it is hard to definitively say what could be triggering it. To provide you with a more concise answer my best suggestion would be to open a support ticket with us so we can check your system specs and provide you with some solid suggestions to get you back into the game. You can open a ticket with us at the following link:

http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask
  3. Tiller

This has been my experience since the game launched. When the enemy shows up my latency gets to the point where it's impossible to do anything but get shot by a guy who I can't hit or I can't see. This is the only game that does this to me so I'm inclined to believe it isn't my hardware or my connection. I left and came back only recently to see if these issues had been ironed out and they still aren't. I'd actually like to buy some stuff but not if I can't play the game. I'll be opening a ticket as well.
  4. Jeezuspeacez

Well good sir, I have exactly the same issue so you're not alone. Unparking cores, lowering settings, did basically nothing as I still receive terrible lag when there are battles of more than 3 people. It's a damn shame too because I love playing this game for its large battles and it is now next-near impossible.

I respect that Sony has customer service hard at working trying to solve these issues. Its also worth a shot to try and follow the sticky at the top and open a support ticket. I do believe, however that the problem is beyond our control and the best course of action at this point is to just wait until they fix the performance issues.
  5. ALeviathan

Something wrong with your set up or your net dropping packets.
  6. Kozmyk

Thanks TSR-Jesse S, ticket opened as suggested.
    I'm not unused to these problems just after a new update.
    Hopefully the techies will figure it out quickly like they have before.

To answer those who might think it's my system or net that's at fault; in between updates my game runs well, my max fps can get up to 150 though I usually run V Sync for stability.
    I'm in Wales, EU so my Pings are longer, typically 90ms - 100ms, perhaps this shows up the problems a more than they would if I were in the US.
    MOST of the time I have no problems playing despite the distance, as do many EU players on the US servers.

It's been my experience that new updates bring about problems that only real time load testing can reveal.
    Only once they've been identified can SOE start to remedy them.