LAG COMPENSATION and players imunity ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Thentar

Well Stewie ...good luck with your rant. This is a core part of the game play mechanics and has bugger all chance of even getting considered. As it has been said before "Working as intended" You might not like the mechanics but what you like in this case isn't best for the game as a whole. A lot of people just wouldn't play if low ping = king
  2. SKYeXile

What you're seeing is a sync issue, the problem is actually on your end, you have become out of sync with the server and your timestamps are not matching up with the servers servers.so your shots wont register a hit. This is obviously a client issue though and likely not your fault, relogging should fix it.

I love this thread though, the fact you morons believe that higher ping players have an advantage...any excuse to stay terrible right?
  3. Maidere

Cant stop laughing. LAG COMPENSTATION IS A GAMEBREAKING ISSUE AND SHOULD BE FIXED ASAP GUYS.
  4. TheArchetype

It's a conspiracy!!!
  5. Stew360

No its not , its a game breaking issue that ruins the stability and the competitive aspect of twitch reflex and skills

Here for you the pic of the day featuring ROFLSHOT

[IMG]
  6. Stew360

Recent patch note still dont see anything about lag compensation value , and the latency problem with 2x REVENGE KILLS and dying behind walls as well as player imunity bugs ,pretty disapointed that SOE dont even share information that they are aware of this bug and migth try to fix it as well as sharing that they could revisite the lag compensation value ... pretty disapointed

All PlanetSide 2 servers will come down for maintenance on May 9th at 6:00 AM PT for a small patch to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 90 minutes.

New in The Depot:
    Harasser Tire Spikes and Hubcaps are now available!

• Lumifber should now appear correclty on the Harasser.
    • The Stats Miscellaneous tab will now display ribbons.
    • The Horn bundle contents have been clarified so it’s clear which vehicles they are for.
    • Disabled concussion and flash grenades in VR Training
    • Camo should no longer cover too much on the new MAX helmets.
    • Fixed large bridge support beam that wasn’t rendering correctly.
    • Harasser Nanite Auto Repair System Cert tooltips have been corrected.
    • Flash Performance Cert tooltips fixed
    • VS MAX Vortex balance tweaks have been made:
      • Increase damage fall off start range by 100 meters (300-400)
      • Increased charge 1 damage from 85 to 105
      • Increased charge 2 damage from 200 to 245
      • Increased charge 3 damage from 415 to 490
  7. Stew360

ive try to ask a question about this issue , to matt at the comand center and they have choose to answer question about lumifier ... yeah ... i may have ask «« what you drink to be so awesome ? »» i might have more chance to get a answer ... :S

Pic of the day

[IMG]
  8. Stew360

Saw many players today warping while ADADAD strafing , hit registration was a mess on them ..

Cant wait to see the devs talking about this issue getting old :(
  9. Stew360

a nice video here

And my pics of the day FEATURING a guys i had the time to kill and few others guys as register in the battlefeed before he actually show up killing me :) awesome

[IMG]
  10. Stew360

Pics of the day can post hundreads of them everyday but ill do just a few , this still need to be adressed LAG compensation and players imunity kill this game , unworthy dead are really getting anoying :(

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. Eagle6

Seriously I love the chance to play against other countries but it pisses me off that so many people kill me because of client side hit detection and latency compensation. I play usually after work into the morning so I have to deal with all the Asians (across the ocean ones) and every friekin time I go against them I get more hits in us ualy first and yet I'm the one that dies because of their high latencies. People actually in NA should not be penalized because these people have high latency. Just turn the **** off. Its frustrating getting killed by people that are **** players but basically exploit the latency compensation and client side hit detection. Almost every time I fight a korean I pump half a mag into them in the back and then they turn around and put like 3 in me and kill me almost instantly with the sxme type weapon and no heahshot. This ***** ridiculous and needs to be balanced better.
  12. Turiel =RL=

To be fair, that guy used a Piston and nearly every encounter plays out like that with this weapon. The post-nerf Piston is utter trash and basically cannot be used anymore.
  13. FieldMarshall

At least its better than the alternative.
  14. MikeyGeeMan

I have noticed that using full auto on high rpm weapons has this quite a bit where the hits don't register.

You really have to burst in groups of 5. Every time you release the fire button it seems the client resyncs.

If you notice the no hit thing going on look at yourself and slow it down just a scoch. Burst fire a little bit more instead of raging on the fire button and trying to drain a clip into someone.
  15. CMDante

I feel like region-locking this game would do a lot for lag issues in this game. So many people on Connery from across the pond that teleport and stutter like absolute madmen, it gets really annoying, really fast.
  16. FateJH

Stew360, come back to us!
  17. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

It's pretty much common knowledge that an online fps pvp players latency over 150ms is considered too high and if you really like the competition you're looking for something under 100ms. I know this isn't going to happen in ps2 as it's free 2 play and to an extent more population can make the game fun. I wish they'd consider a preferred server of some kind with a latency limit of 150ms. Locate it centrally to the population and require a sub, maybe. It'll be players who are serious enough to go with their local ISP's that offer a level of service that allows them to have the low latency they want and would like ally and enemy alike to also have to produce a more competitive environment. Plus when a player base is all sub'd in on accounts they've worked to develop and have skin in the game, so to speak, their is much more risk in everything from using 3rd party programs to bad behavior. They've got something to lose and not a hoop to jump through if they inconveniently get busted.

I'm not saying do away with the current f2p servers but, rather if there's a player base large enough to elect to play on a server that has a latency limit ( ie if you're latency is over X amount for an unacceptable amount of time then you're kicked). and who are also willing to agree to some sort of stricter cheat/hack detection system it might be worth considering.

What's the alternative? Well ask Connery players what it's like playing verse latencyside2 players daily and it's even worse at what would be traditionally non-peak hours for a PST located server. I've been watching the population decline on the server for a while. Sure, the low latency vs high latency player problem probably isn't the only factor in the pop decline there but, it's a huge blow to the fun when it's too noticeable to deny.

Don't label it as "lag compensation" problems though because lag compensation is something all players can easily get acclimated too and it behaves in a predictable manner when both players have low latency. I really think ducking in and out of cover and battling out for the initiative advantage is a fun aspect to larger fps games. When you can do this against some enemy and they you but then others have a latency delay where you could dump a mag into them and kill them, and duck for cover but they see you still on screen and while should be dead, hadn't had it communicated to their client allowing them appear as if they've found away to put a matrix like curve on bullets that find you just as you think you're out clean. You die and then they get the info later that they're dead. If both of these players had what is commonly accepted pvp-fps latency this wouldn't be the case. Sure there might be an instance now and then that would appear off but nothing like what it is when one is at 80ms and the other player is in the 200-300ms or much higher. I get in vehicles to gun now and then and watch them move normal then hang for a bit, then catch up some and hang, over and over. When I ask about it there's always a constant = they're either on the other side of the planet/far away or they've got awful service, most of the time it's both.

Low Latency shouldn't = king. Low Latency should be a requirement for pvp fps's. When it is it becomes a much more enjoyable experience for all evolved. There are many servers for other fps pvp games that auto kick players with ping higher than 100-150. IMO, a player who likes reaction based pvp games in a genre like fps doesn't play via satellite connection. They prefer to have fiber optic connections. Nor do they connect via wireless router. We have our QoS setup and are wired in often with the shortest wire from modem or router to your pc as possible along with countless other measures in a quest for 50ms.

Now I know PS2 and PS1, too, aren't like other fps games because of the size and scope but, you shouldn't look at people who have low latency as individuals looking to have the lowest to achieve an advantage. The majority of these players would prefer it if everyone had low latency to introduce some consistent variables so reaction and actual game play of some kind decides who stands over who's dead avatar. You can only experience the random and blatantly obvious negatives you encounter when playing against players who have unacceptably high latency so many times before you realize you want to avoid playing with those players and if you can't then you stop wanting to play at all.