LA with 3x C4. How do I get it?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SixReasons, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Raap

You're throwing them on the Sunderer instead of on the back. All vehicles take more damage from behind and I do believe from below as well if you manage to stick the C4 under a vehicle depending on where it is parked (leaving them on the floor will have less effect).

However, in my experience it is a waste of C4 to try and solo take out a Sunderer. Even if it does go into burning state, one of the following will usually happen:

- I detonate my C4 on the Sunderer, and a player spawns at the Sunderer, either an Engineer or managing to swap to an Engineer. Before I can kill him, he managed to repair the Sunderer for one or two ticks, enough to put out the fire.

- The C4 bounces right off the back of the Sunderer (can often happen to all vehicles) as if it was a grenade, landing on the floor.

- After carefully sneaking up to a Sunderer, I place the C4 after risking myself, and a "friendly" reckless rocket launching HA appears out of nowhere and shoots the Sunderer, kills me in the explosion and get's full kill credit for detonating my C4.

- I detonate my C4 and manage to prevent the Sunderer from being repaired by Engineers. The owner of the Sunderer sees his vehicle burning on his GUI, and deconstructs it before it blows up.

- By miracle, the two C4 I detonated and set the Sunderer burning, finally caused the Sunderer to blow up. The burning process took so long however that I don't even get a kill credit or anything for the destruction of the Sunderer.

In short, save your C4 unless you got a second way of dealing the last bit of damage to the Sunderer that will actually blow it up. Those 200 resources can be put into guaranteed kills instead.
  2. Hadri

Mh, thought the C4 doing same damage regardless of direction.
    According to this, the armor of the sunderer is, without blockade armor, the same in each direction, I am pretty sure the most didn't have the armor certed, or I was blind.

I only blow of crucial sundis with on mass respawn, like the areas next to the crown, did end many sieges with it.
  3. SourMelt

Its true. I have two bricks unlocked on Medic, I unlocked one brick on LA and I got two bricks for my LA. Its nice you dont have to spend that 500 certs for the second brick but Im sure its a bug and they will fix it someday.
  4. RaptorM1

Look, if you want to solo sundies, buy your empires version of the gauss compact S and put a under barrel grenade launcher on it. two grenades + 2 C4 = Sundie destroyed. There is no point in wasting certs on a 3rd C4, when this bug/ exploit/ what ever you want to call it might be fixed.