LA up for another NERF on Test Server (7/12)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by RogueComet, Jul 13, 2013.

1. RogueComet

WHY I say WHY? Are they saying that this mechanic broke LA and made them OP? ROFLMAO! Why are they nerfing us yet again? Why this change of all things, when it is something that didn't help us kill but helped us stay alive?

SOE really does hate Light Assault. I'm utterly convinced of it. This change is pure BS, there is no real game play reason that I've seen why it needs to be changed. Yeah I'm upset at this, another nerf in a long line of screwing over Light Assault.

I really hope that it doesn't make it to live. *sigh*
    • Up x 5
  2. OddChelsea

Light Assaults, the tough bastards who eat nerfs for breakfast and still attempt to fly around and shoot people anyways. I just push my nice little red C4 button repeatedly to cheer myself up, of course I don't throw any actual C4 down because apparently everyone who uses C4 has severe arthritis in their wrists and it takes forever.
    • Up x 1
  3. Unclematos7

2 tanker whine threads each being over 10 pages long. It's that simple really.
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

It seems more like a fix of a bug I didn't even know was there.

But I do agree that jet packs always seemed painfully slow. I'm not asking for Icarus, but would really making jet packs a little faster and less dependant on momentum make us imbalanced? It's a rocket engine aftar all...
    • Up x 3
  5. Kronic

I wouldn't even be mad if I knew we were gonna get our revamp soon but we don't even have a fracking date... the class is unfinished and underscoring in many stats yet SOE wanna send a constant stream of nerfs our way. I really don't get whoever makes these decisions.
    • Up x 1
  6. HellasVagabond

You mean the sneaky people who circle around MBTs, use jumpjets and throw C4 on them........
    • Up x 1
  7. Primarkka

Guys, you're all wrong.

The point of the FIX is that as you sometimes sprint up a hill whilst activating the jumpjets, you'll get this massive boost of speed which can kill you when you hit the ground 10 centimeters above the point you got speed from.
    • Up x 5
  8. Rigsta

Yes I'm sure that's it. Your reasoning is rock solid and doesn't look the least bit silly.

Or they could be fixing a bug that makes bad things happen. Never mind, that'd be crazy right? Everyone knows SOE employees hate getting paid and purposefully alienate their customer base with evil patch notes. They're a big company, and everyone with morals knows that big companies are evil.

btw, have you tried LA on the PTS?
    • Up x 2
  9. Kronic

The patch ain't out yet.
  10. Macchus

good . LA needs toning down ...
  11. Rigsta

Ah. So for all anyone knows this change could affect maybe 1% of situations an LA might find himself in...

The sky is clearly falling :rolleyes:
  12. Iridar51

Repent, blasphemer! The End is nigh! The Judgement Day is upon us!
  13. Suiradezza

Try it before you start whining, please. It's probably just as unnoticable as the jetpack sound.
  14. RogueComet

That "unnoticable" jetpack sound has enabled me to hunt down dozens of LA. You are incorrect in the assumption that it hurt LA. It has caused me to die and I know I cause others to die cause I hear them better now.
  15. Bill Hicks

This is stupid. I main heavy and I dont understand these nerfs that LAs get. A light assault should be the fastest, most agile class. Damn right he should be moving faster when using JETS

The ambush and infiltrating classes really need a revamp.
    • Up x 2
  16. Van Dax

Its the same thing they did to the magrider.
  17. Suiradezza

Sounds like it's clearing out the scrubs pretty well. Again, if you haven't tried it you shouldn't be whining about it.
  18. Kayth

I think it's just a bug fix. This should be looked at as a nerf, even if it does actually become one. Also, it seems pretty irrelevant. I main LA and didn't even know it was there. It would be really nice to get a revamp already though.

Again, I don't think this is important.....
  19. Daibar

i must admit, i'm kind of glad they are ******* the class i love, that means i'll finally break my desire to play PS2, i cancelled my subscription the other day, going to let it time out and thats that.

Once the LA is not what i want to play, i think i'm done with this game.
    • Up x 3
  20. TeknoBug

With drifter JJ 5 or 6 I can really strafe sideways at sprint speed and still shoot my shotgun, looks like that speed will be almost halved. What's the point of drifter JJ if you aren't moving ahead fast?