LA tool - Rocket Rifle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArcKnight, May 8, 2016.

1. ArcKnight

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/4ietsq/rocklet_rifle/

Wrel:
    so LA's gets a new toy

DBG, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY CERTS :cool:
    • Up x 6
  2. UberNoob1337101

Finally, we get a tool slot. Awesome, can't wait. But can we for once get some cool ES stuff please? Tired of constant NS, I want something new, unique and refreshing.

I know it would probably take three times more effort to finish, but it would add a whole new level of difference on how I, let's say, play a NC LA than a TR LA. They would effectively triple the content and add some depth and Empire specificness.
    • Up x 5
  3. Kristan

FFffffiiiinally! As I predicted long ago this is going for LA.

#gethyped
    • Up x 1
  4. ArcKnight

Wrel said there aren't any plans for ES rocket rifles and here's the rest of it

I think adding ES ammo types would help
    NC: hits harder
    TR: fires faster
    VS: higher projectile velocity or no drop
  5. ArcKnight

I'm curious as to what evil ends your gonna use it for
  6. Pelojian

it's essentially a grenade launcher and it can damage vehicles and as usual would TR gets the shaft with high firerate because their trait is dakka(having a faction trait doesn't mean it should be used all the time). VS would end up with a longer effective range and NC would get higher damage which is an essentially better type of damage increase then a higher fire rate.

keep it and it's ammo types NS, later on they could always add new ones with faction flavor based on how the first one performs over time.
  7. Kristan

During PS1 it used to be a really neat anti-MAX weapon. I hope it would remain the same. And some tank deterrence. Aaand maybe as finisher to Sundy after two C4s.
  8. bmac417(TasteOfLead)

LA brothers UNITE! For we have earned our long-awaited.....Half life 3!
  9. Liewec123

on the pts currently its really weak and really inaccurate, though it is very, very early days ;)
  10. Moridin6

but

does it come with a grappling hook?
  11. thebigbortishbort

as much as i thought it'd be an engineer weapon , i am very intrigued to see how this goes,

my cert body is ready
  12. Scr1nRusher

Engineers should have Deployable Cover.
  13. thebigbortishbort

whilst i agree , the ai mana turret will have to suffice for now as it has before.
  14. JohnGalt36

C4 fairies with rocket launchers. RIP tanks. Why doesn't Daybreak just take them out already?
  15. Neo3602

you should try it out on PTS, it takes almost 30 shots to the rear of a lightning to kill it.
  16. Crayv

Well to be fair PS1 had very little ES stuff. It didn't even have faction specific aircraft.

Maybe they will add some ES AA MAX (that's a lot of caps) weapons like in PS1. The last pure ground based AA weapon that was added to the game was the Ranger (the Striker comes close but it is still more of a multipurpose).
  17. thebigbortishbort

i wish the heat rounds for it had splash (unless they will) and flak currently does no explosive damage combined with drifter jets this gun is looking pretty mad , 10/10

though i wish it didn't go to everyone by default , and had to buy it like any other weapon , i for one would cert it and use the hell out of it.
  18. Ryme_Intrinseca

And how many shots per mag and in pool? What's RoF? If it's like a TRAC-5, a 30 shot kill would be OP; if it's like an ML-7, a 30 shot kill would be... very not OP.
    • Up x 1
  19. thebigbortishbort

it has a 6 shot mag and holds 30 rounds all together , its ROF is a bit faster than the striker and its reload aint bad
    • Up x 2
  20. ArcKnight

so its a dumbfire striker