LA Suit Slot: What's your choice?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Spectre9000, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Spectre9000

So yea, basically what the title says. What do you choose to fill your suit slot as an LA and why?
  2. ghnurbles

Ammo, because you chew through it incredibly quickly if you get your LA in a good position. Especially with a gun like the VX6-7.
  3. Ghoest

Sniping - ammo
    Everything else - adreniline
  4. ShumaKun

I use lv4 ammo
  5. Grimtou

Advanced Capacitor - I avoid situations where i would be taking health damage if possible. This means lots of running between cover an shotgunning people in the face. Being able to have a full shield a few seconds faster is a godsend in combat.
  6. Hawktitan

I like the additional grenades. One isn't enough :/
  7. Conq

Adrenaline, all the time. Those "Light Snipers" perched in special spots with little ammo belts make me laugh.

I hurl my Light Assault into the fray with super sneakers, C4 and an advanced laser bayonet. Death will bring me more ammo whenever I need it. Not caring about your KDR usually gives you a great KDR.
  8. KaosWarMonk

I tried the Adrenaline early on but the increase is so marginal I gave it away... If it had more levels I'd be interested.

Then used shield booster followed by flak armour.

Recently changed to grenades, to early to say which is my favourite yet. Extra grenades is really nice tho.
  9. Trenyt

Been using Adrenaline from rank 1 to now, but it is pretty marginal. I might be interested in getting either the Ammo or Grenade Bandolier.
  10. VKhaun

^
    This. If I am spawning with the intent to flank/ambush I wish I had more ammo and can't wait to get the bandolier. All other times I'm picking it for mobility and thus adrenaline is the clear choice.
  11. gunshooter

Pretty much any suit slot is good except Flak (because you really shouldn't be getting tagged by many explosions as an LA)

I use nanoweave/ammo belt depending on the situation. Nanoweave if i'm defending and can just go resupply for ammo, and ammo belt if I can't. 1 extra bullet to die is significant when it takes 5-7 to kill you and it gives you a better chance against HA's in cqc which are the hardest fight.
  12. Blitzer

I'm a sucker for adrenaline pump but I'm starting to think flak armor is the only real choice for all infantry classes (well maybe excluding infiltrator) because the various HE spam is everywhere.
  13. _Hoist_

Advanced capacitator.
    The shield is essentially hitpoints and as a light assault i'm always at the front and in hard to reach places so healing isn't an option(using C4 so medpacks aren't an option). The only thing i can "heal" are my shields, the faster they start recharging the sooner i can take out my next target.
  14. Anvos

So far I've been working with nanoweave armor to try and counteract LA squishiness.
  15. Conq

Bad advice, imo. Out of all the suit slots Flak Armor has the most noticeable gain. Half damage against grenades, noob tubes, C4, claymores, rocket pods, zyphers, and HE/HEAT tank shells.

Light Assault is good at getting to lightly defended objectives past the main enemy force. Like hovering down to B or C from the landing pad of a tower while the enemy pushes up the stairs to A. Engineers and Infiltrators are good at placing AI mines there to blow us up. With Flak you walk right over a mine and laugh.
  16. Meiu

I have the opposite problem, death occurs far less than it should so I always run out of ammo with my shotgun or gd7. Without the ammo belt ups I literally have to kill myself half the time to get more ammo, it ended up being faster to just bring more ammo for more kills.
  17. Boroming

the standard recharge time is 10 sec from the last damage taken. the Advanced capacitator reduces this time by 2.5 sec IF maxxed (and that's a lot of cert...).
    7.5 sec instead of 10 sec is really not worth it.
    this is if i understood the tooltip correctly... if the reduction is additive giving you a reduction of 7.5, so the shield start regen after 2.5 sec, is worth it.

flak is good if you play cqc (shotgun/hipfire carbine) and ammo belt is good if you snip from up above

i still think the nanoweave in a game with a ttk so low is the more versatile solution. in a direct firefight that couple of more bullet you can take is what keep you alive.
  18. pnkdth

Adrenaline pump or grenade bandolier.

Advanced shield is a nice one as well.
  19. _Hoist_

It felt like a much shorter time when I'm using it, but it could be my imagination. I guess I have to time it. 7,5 isn't worth it as you say.
  20. Ayre

Shotgun: Ammo.
    Carbine: Ammo.
    ???: Ammo.

I will not get as many kills with a grenade bandolier as I will with double ammo. Run speed isn't actually that much of an issue with LA (give me my Icarus jets back ********). Shield capacitor/nanoweave is directly inferior to flak armor, which isn't *too* big of a problem for LA.