[Suggestion] LA suggestions

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Movoza, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Movoza

TL: DR
    Suggestions for the LA
    Abilities
    - Smokescreen that consumes jetpack fuel
    - Goggles for optics outside ADS
    - False signatures
    Utilities
    - Stimulate kit for temporary more speed
    - Revival kit that revives the LA if killed within a short time
    *or a one time spawn pad
    Tool slot
    - EMP pistol
    - Motion spot scrambler

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are proposed LA changes, but they are vague and uncertain. At the moment the class revamp says two things:
    • We’ll investigate the possible additions of new tools, new abilities, and new suit options
    • We want to add the ability for the Light Assault class to dual wield weapons
    The suit options aren't explained at all, and dual wield leaves a great many questions to be answered about it's utility. The LA could use more utility and teamplay.
    At this moment, the LA has no passive systems (triage and hacking are the only passive for infantry) or tool slots. Every class contributes to teamplay by either forming an offensive or defensive line (HA, MAX and turrets), spotting, resupplying or healing abilities. The LA falls out of all categories, as it cannot reliably push the lines, nor heal or do special spot abilities.
    According to the description, the LA is for distraction and causing chaos in enemy ranks. Although they do create chaos and distraction well, it often has little effect. The fallen are quickly revived and the opportunity for the allies to push is often overlooked or still ineffective. Setting up an attack with the LA takes planning, risk and a bit of luck. After overcoming the risks, you still have a large problem. The downfall of the LA is the lack of medical aid, making any squad related attacks short in comparison to any other class. In short, his teamplay is short lived.
    I want to add several options to the class to improve the skillset and teamplay options, as well as reduce some shortcomings.
    These are suggestions only. If you have an opinion, please also state why.

Ability
    Most of the idea's work on the ability slot. Keep in mind that only one can be selected at a time for these idea's. First off, it's smoke problem. Smoke should be changed anyway, to prevent spotting in the cloud unless you have IRNV scope.

Smoke screen 500 certs
    The LA has smoke grenades. These cost nanite resources, but are easily outclassed by underbarrel smoke grenades, as those are free and can be resupplied by ammo packages and are available for nearly all classes. His smoke needs an extra kicker. The first ability that can be certed in is a smoke screen. This is a single certification, dependent on the jumpjet or drifter level for it's fuel. When this ability is activated (f), the energy of the jet slowly depletes at jumpjet rate. This is regardless if drifter is selected, it will pick the respective level of jumpjet for the burn. While active, the jumpjet will generate smoke like a smoke grenade, making the LA a harder target to hit. This can be used to fall back from a position, to cloak your own forces, or to deprive the enemy from their vision while attacking them. The LA will be much better at directing both squad battles as well as lone wolf battles, and something to do in situations when the jumpjet is useless, especially when indoors with squad play. This means no resources wasted, and an ability highly dependent on its movement, making it and excellent addition to the LA.

Goggles
    Note: Goggles could also be a passive system
    Goggles should add another layer to the LA. The LA is very sensitive to it's own tactics, which no other class has trouble with. Also, smoke requires a IR/NV scope, but forces you to remain in ADS. This removes many movement benefits. Goggles could remedy this.
    Pressing (f), you will activate the goggles, changing vision to the goggles you selected. A few suggestions:
    - HV (like vehicles) 1000certs
    - IR (like vehicles) 1000certs
    - Augmented HUD/spotting 750certs
    - Augmented HUD/radar 200 certs
    - EMP/Flash protection goggles 500 certs
    - Any other suitable goggles
    The first two are obvious. You can operate in visually difficult situations without using Aim Down Sight (ADS), so moving won't be compromised. In addition, moving in the night or through smoke, quickly identifying targets and dispatching them with your short ranged weapons will be augmented.
    On long range, the goggles will only help with identifying the targets. You will have to go ADS to fire at them. When aiming down sights, the goggles will automatically shut down, allowing the normal ADS.
    With the goggles even a team of LA can attack a position, without compromising their own sight or movement and accidentally killing each other.
    Augmented HUD/spotting can outline targets spotted by the LA within a certain range. This will make them better visible behind an object, through smoke or at night, as long as they remain spotted by an LA with these goggles. As an added bonus, you could show the outline to any friendly, to improve his spotting over other classes. This spotting is radically different then the infiltrator, who doesn't even have to be present for spotting and focuses on large area's. The goggles allow for a little more information on more specific targets.
    Augmented HUD/Radar will improve the radar. The LA can see if targets on the radar are above (+), below (-) or at the same level of the LA. In many bases, especially in Amerish, this will help to locate resistance.
    EMP/Flash protection goggles will prevent effects of flash and emp grenades, but only the visual part.
    Q: Isn't the implant much better than the protection goggles Movoza?
    A: Yes, but I have no care for implants. Also, this does not drain resources and you can activate other game breaking implants if you like.

False signatures 30 – 50 – 100 – 200 – 500 – 1000 certs
    As distraction goes, the LA could do better. When pressing (f), you can activate this power. This will drain jumpjet fuel, and in the meantime your position will be visible for all enemies to see on their radar, in addition with several fake signatures. Starting with 1 decoy signature, the Signatures will increase every level, giving a total of 6 signatures at the final level. Positions of the decoy signatures will be random in a certain range, but after generation they will stay at that precise distance from the LA while moving. This ability different from the infiltrator decoy grenades as it is stuck to the LA himself instead of the grenade. Also this ability will reveal the LA, rather than specifically cloak the movement like the infiltrator. The choice is interesting. Do I show myself and give them some confusion, or do I stay hidden for the attack/running away.

Utility
    Stimulate kit 100 – 150 – 200 – 500 certs
    Instead of a restoration or medical kit, you can choose to get a stimulation kit. This will increase reload speed, knifing speed, weapon switch speed, walking speed and running speed for 10 seconds. There is a second delay before it takes effect. Each extra level in stimulation kit gives extra injections. Weapon fire, be it automatic, semi-auto or pump action, will not be affected.

Revival kit 500 certs
    This kit lasts 10 seconds, reviving the LA if he is killed within that time. As you cannot handle C4 at the same time, there are no ultra C4 fairies. This will increase survivability without a medic present. The revival kit has 1 charge only. During activation of the revival kit, you will see a green glow around the character, for a better identification that he might revive himself..
    Alternatively you get a deployable platform. If you die and the platform is still deployed, you can spawn there, destroying the platform. You will not have another platform in your inventory from spawning this way, and this will not count as reviving. So you will spawn with shields, full health and ammo, an extra death and no platform.The platform can be destroyed like all deployables. This kit should decrease the problems with death and lack of medics.

Tool slot
    EMP pistol 750 certs
    A pistol that shoots a small pellet, doing 20 damage. A hit results in the same effects as an EMP, but his pellet has no explosion. 170rpm, 2 shots per mag. Total of 6 carried. Again, an infiltrator weapon re-purposed for singular targets. It's use is debatable, as you have to switch weapons, but better for teamplay. A single hit takes out 500 shield and possibly any other active abilities.

Scrambler Default – 30 – 50 – 200 – 500 - 1000
    This weapon works just like a motion spotter gun, but has a much smaller range and a different purpose. Any motion spotters within that range will report false signatures. If a scrambler is in the range of a motion sensor, but the motion sensor itself isn't in the scramblers range, the motion spotter will work normally. The scrambler's range is only visible for friendlies. Every level lasts half the time of the recon darts their respective level.
    Alternatively, it can just wipe out all signatures on the enemy their radar if they are in range, or all signatures within range of the motion spotter are wiped for the enemy. These ranges are visible to the enemy.

End notes
    Although some improvements encroach on the infiltrator turf, they is focused on either the LA or specific targets, as this is the LA's style. The abilities are all based on it's movement or his short ranged style, the utilities give the hard choice as you have to forgo C4 and the tool slot should rarely be effective without teamwork.

A quick tribute. The smoke screen came from a guy named Demigan. I've seen the stimulate kit being thrown around the forums by several people. I also saw a sort of EMP gun on the forum, but I cannot find the name any more. The rest are my idea's, although they might be inspired by other things.
    • Up x 3
  2. Pikachu

3. Plorf

Some very cool ideas, stuff like this is definitely needed more than things like dual wield. Bonus points for organization too! I don't really have any problems with these suggestions, you made the most powerful options sidegrades to the jetpack. You should post this on reddit and the Light Assault revamp thread so it gets seen by a dev.

(Begin rant here)
    However as I've always said I think LA needs faction specific jetpack sounds a la Infil cloak, because right now they're effectively silent in most fights. Beyond that, I think it's odd that the Infiltrator is so restricted in equipment (no shotguns, C4, and 100 less shields), and yet Light Assault isn't. Jetpacks are at least on par with cloaks, probably more effective at higher levels, just more situational in indoor areas. If LAs get buffed to actually have more utility, I think their equipment choice (C4 especially) needs to be addressed.
  4. Ragmon

I love the LA, and I would like to see any of these suggestion implemented... but it will never happen.
  5. Rovertoo

I like the Stim pack idea, the Scrambler, and the EMP pistol a lot. I think these would be great. I would also like to see in the tool slot an armor-damaging grenade launcher (thumper/rocket rifle Higby mentioned?) or set of them (AA/AI/AV) like a weaker, mobile version of HA rocket launchers. At least that way the devs can tweak C4 without demolishing the LA class.

As for new abilities, I'd really like to see a 'strafe jet'. Has anyone here played Halo 4? The thruster pack ability in that game was my favorite, it gave a small boost (like, 3 meters or something) in whichever direction you moved. I'd love to see the LA have a pack like this, activated with the F key, would boost the LA in whatever direction the keys were held down, or if activated with space, would boost the LA up the same short distance in the air. This I feel would, at the tradeoff of sheer vertical or horizontal thrust and flanking over rooftop capabilities, give the LA a more effective role at infantry v infantry combat instead of solely shooting from behind (which I love and am fine with, but new ways to play would be nice).
  6. Movoza

I don't know how Reddit works, more due lack of interest in another site. I'm aware it is probably just an easy forum format. If you want to upload it, be free :). I think the revamp thread is messy, so I posted it here. I'll see what I can do.

Although I don't agree with the infiltrator stuff. LA gets hight advantage, but they can only use this power when hight is involved. If used anywhere else, they are simply at an disadvantage. In relative open area's, and open area's between buildings and such, the LA is nearly as vulnerable as any other guy. When spotted, they are the most vulnerable class at that point in the whole game.
    I have nothing against the jetpack being heard within a certain short distance though. It will make a lot of encounters harder.
    Their utility might be reduced for the C4 part. There are more utilities to seriously consider. Also, placing C4 is often a much harder feat than people give it credit for. Many of the proposed functions won't buff C4 placing at all. With that in mind, the scrambler maybe should not cover vehicle radars. Would increase the use of those too.

I specifically did not include a grenade or other launcher. The text wall would be even bigger, and I have many power and spam concerns for such weapons. I've discussed this at length with a pro grenade launcher friend, but the nature of the LA is always short range chaos. Not medium range relatively powerful area damage. I have a lot of reasons for this, but I'll leave it at this.
    Although I detest FPS on consoles and never played Halo 4, it is an interesting idea. A short speed boost in any direction, giving flight and all it's disadvantages, would be a nice alternative to the current jets.
  7. Rovertoo

I think a grenade launcher for the LA (or that rocket rifle the Higby mentioned) would fit with their scheme and could be pretty balanced. Personally I would like to see it (or something similar) for the sole reason of game consistency rather than increase LA power. Every (almost) vehicle in the game has access to AI, AV, and AA weaponry. It creates a very nice circle of focuses and drawbacks, as an AI tank I don't feel bad when I get killed by an AV Harasser because I know I chose to give up my counter to that little buggy. Giving all infantry classes the same choices of loadout between AI/AA/AV I feel would give a good, healthy level of choice without encroaching on any other classes playstyle (since an AV Harasser still plays differently than an AV Tank).

So with a set of AA/AI/AV grenade launchers, I feel the LA would feel more like the mobile but weaker version of the HA that I think it should be. (other classes should bet similar AA/AI/AV options, Infil gets Anti-Material rifle, Engie gets AA turret, etc. It is probable that vehicles would need a buff with all this extra AA/AV around though).

Anywho, that's my reasoning for adding it. As for balance, spamming could be reduced by making the grenade launcher be a single-shot launcher, and depending on whether it's the AA, AI, or AV version (dunno how an AA version might work) different values like range, splash damage, etc. could be changed pretty easily. Even if the grenade launcher was considerably weak, I think it would round out the class phenomenally. Another plus for adding it is that it would allow the devs to change C4 without completely wrecking LA play. Because currently C4 is pretty balanced, but it is frustrating to use and to be killed by. If they gave LA's a grenade launcher or something similar they could afford to make C4 easier to use but less powerful and LAs wouldn't lose out on an entire avenue of play.

Hmm. I'm also trying to find a good video for that 'strafe jet'. As much as I like Halo, there are an awful lot of crummy videos.

Okay, here's one.

Be sure to skip to 1:15 (and probably mute it, it's just some guy talking 'bout em. I prefer to watch than listen).
    That Hologram ability at 2:02 would be a nice alternate ability for Infiltrators too.
  8. Movoza

The version of a grenade launcher that was envisioned by Demigan was one with 'Half grenades'. You would shoot several into a room to have a more 'blanket area' effect, but with much weaker grenades. The grenades could also have different effects, albeit much weaker versions of their counterparts, as the things stack.
    My main complaint is the spam it could and would produce, and the ability to have longer ranged fights with explosives than intended for the LA (At least for my feelings). Also, the LA would excel in indirect combat, with bouncing grenades through doors and such. Also, as an utility, will it use nanites? Lastly, I was afraid the grenade launcher or equal weapons would take up too much of the discussion. Sadly, there is hardly discussion, mostly positive reactions. Although it is nice to see all the positive reactions, I wanted more discussion to improve it.

The short jump ability is still a good one.
    • Up x 1
  9. SenEvason

I like the suggestions, especially the goggles. My only concern is with the revival kit. In my time playing as and against LA, they can be extremely frustrating to take down, and with the ability to self revive, I fear it will only compound it. If they are really good players, even more so.
  10. Demigan

We've discussed it at lenght ofcourse, but still here's my take on it:

I really like just about all of it. The Goggles would offer different effects than the Infiltrator. The infitrator is more an AOE spotter with it's motion spotter and darts, and it's spots are done externally rather than by the infiltrator himself. Many people are even afraid to spot as infiltrator since people track them down by listening for spot-calls. The goggles would offer better visuals for the LA, that offer internal (from the LA itself rather than darts/spotters) spotting tools that enhance it's vision, and perhaps the vision of nearby players.
    The smokescreen I'm for ofcourse. It would offer a free alternative that doesn't require smoke grenades and/or underbarrel grenades. They would allow LA's to place down smokescreens to try and escape enemies, hide friendlies or lay ambushes when combined with goggles/NVscopes. I would rather have it burn fuel at it's own rate, depending on a cert level though.

What's next? False signatures! I really love the idea myself, I would prefer them to have more power, start with 2 signatures (so 3 signatures total if you yourself are shown as well). Don't show the player himself on the radar unless he's spotted. You could even let IFF tags show where the fake signatures are. Although you countered this with the fact that IFF tags should be sacred and not ever have a false signature.

Stimulate kit. You could have multiple. Cheap versions only stimulate for a short period of time, allowing you to do a small battle that you see coming. More expensive versions stimulate you for extended periods of up to a minute, allowing you to go on an incredible fighting frenzy.

Revive kit:
    10 seconds is very little, this would be a perfect option when you are really about to die/commit a suicide run. The Revive kit should definitely replace C4 in the utility slot to prevent people placing C4, reviving if killed and finishing the job.
    I would prefer an alternative though: the personal beacon. You place it, it has much less lights showing where it is. When you die you can spawn once at this beacon, then it's destroyed. You can ofcourse place a new one right away, but it would cost resources.

EMP pistol:
    Sounds very interesting. I like it. Compared to the Infiltrator large AOE EMP grenade this doesn't seem a very good weapon. But if it's replenishable by ammo pack and can be used at longer ranges, this weapon could potentially be an incredible boon to players. Knock out the targeting reticles of MAXes, hit someone multiple times to muck up their vision, knock off someone's shield instantly, including the Overshield when activated...

Scrambler:
    I would use a different version of the Scrambler. You place a small beacon, similar to the motion spotter, on the ground. This Scrambler wipes out all signatures caused by motion spotters/darts/scout-/motion-radar. The scrambler itself is visible on the radar for friend and foe to see. I would also say that anyone who's spotted and enters Scrambler range will lose it's spotted status faster.
    A dart version, as proposed, would need more drawbacks. Such as the shorter time active than recon-darts, the ability of motion-radar or scout-radar to see through the scrambler-dart, otherwise C4 tactics would become even more succesful...

The grenade launcher idea:
    I would give the grenades two settings: explode on contact and time delayed.
    Explode on contact deals the most damage with a direct hit, and has about a 4-hit kill. This would result in a lower TTK than just about any Carbine, assuming the RPM isn't very high.
    With time delayed you can bounce the grenades into a room. Since you won't ever deal direct-damage, even when someone is standing on top of one grenade, the actual amount of hits to kill increases.
    To prevent grenade spam to become an easy way to clear a room, the AOE is small of these grenades. after 1 meter (or 0,5 meters if necessary) they deal no damage anymore. This means that the grenade launcher becomes a fear-weapon rather than a direct kill weapon against infantry. If you bounce multiple grenades into a room people will hear it (no grenade indicators to prevent indicator spam) and either take the small amount of damage it deals, or try to avoid it. While they are trying to avoid you can use the chaos to enter and attack.
    The grenade launcher's explode-on-contact features would allow the LA to deal light damage against armored vehicles. This would offer LA a free alternative to C4 to attack vehicles. You would need teamwork to actually destroy the tanks (you won't be able to out-dps a Heavy's rocketlaunchers) but you could start picking off damaged vehicles with a lightning attack, where C4 would mean your death. Less C4 fairies, not too much AV power in one package.
  11. IronMouse

LA needs x-ray vision that can highlight enemies one-wall apart, and which cannot be spotted on the minimap by the LA unit who uses the ability.
  12. KiakoLalene

All of these ideas are fantastic.
  13. BGrim

I like the ideas, a lot. If they were implemented I could justify playing LA a lot more with my friends. A few things though:

Goggles -
    As a person that aims down the sights frequently, even as LA (Pulsar C FTW), disabling the goggles would be somewhat disconcerting while aiming, especially if you have NV goggles going to reflex sights, and that kills if for me. I say keep the goggle powers active while ADS, because in all honesty keep them on while ADS doesn't make them OP. If you're wearing NV goggles, and want to aim longer down the range you hit a button to switch them off because NV sight range isn't that spectacular anyways, and being unable to have augmented spotting while ADS seems silly to me.

Scrambler/False Signatures -
    Combine these two. There are too many very different abilities being suggested, and this should most definitely be a tool. Make it a tool similar to recon darts, but when shot it produces false signatures and prevents spotting in its effective range. Note I said spotting, not motion detector or recon dart pings. I think if you're on a motion sensor you should show up regardless because it is a tool for defending, not nearly as mobile or numerous as darts, and far easier to get rid of. If you are rushing a motion detector you need friends really, or you're just going against an inf and it doesn't matter if he knows where you are or not.

This way you can help nullify recon darts because they are annoying and very difficult to counter, but not completely negate an inf's job of recon and spotting (if they are trying to spot people, there will be blips on the map anyways, and the range wont be huge, so spotting is still useful).

Grenades/Grenade launcher -
    Fix flash grenades to not suck. Give smoke grenades some unique purpose that makes them worth buying. That is all. LA should not be a one-man vehicle hunter, even though they kind of are right now anyways, but they don't need even more tank flak on forums. Pun.

Revive Kit -
    I don't like this. I can see so many complaints already about this it's insane. It's basically a full health/shield restore that you use in the middle of the fight. Really lame, really cheesy.

However, the tactical insertion form of this is cool. Give it a long respawn delay, but restore it after death (costs resources of course). Perhaps make it blip on the map when you respawn so people know where to look so it can't be done infinitely. Only concern is LA being able to place it where others have no chance of getting to.

EMP Pistol -
    I like the idea but...I'd rather just shoot someone with my gun till they die. The idea of the EMP grenade is to confuse, weaken, and disorient a room of people so your squad can run in and destroy them. If you want to confuse, weaken, and disorient a single enemy, why would you not just shoot him in the head a few times? I'd give it an AOE like a grenade, but not make it disable abilities or shields, so a weaker, but cheaper version of the grenade. EMP grenade launcher if you will. Perhaps make it a rail attachment for S carbines, but either engies can't use it, or make it so ammo things can't replenish it.

Smokescreen -
    Cool idea, but it shouldn't replace goggles as an ability because then you lose the whole point of the NV goggles. Either make goggles something else, or link this directly to the jetpack and not an ability.

Stimulator -
    Love it. I'd love it more if some of these effects were put into adrenaline pump (but with less power).

TL;DR
    Cool ideas here. Some of the best I've seen really.
  14. Movoza

First off, really well done. I was hoping for some good constructive criticism, and you take the cake.

Goggles
    I intended the stopping of ADS only for the IR and HV goggles. The others stay unaffected by ADS. I maybe should have specified that more.
    The reason for this is threefold. The first was that the IRHV scope wouldn't be used any more. As the other goggles would still need this, it would be of no problem. The IR and HV goggles would shut down if you would still use the IRHV scope though. The second was that you would get a magnification of choice in ADS with the goggles. This might not be a problem for the HV, as it would reach it's limit anyway. The IR scope would not suffer from that drawback, and would be very powerful in bad visual situations. On the other hand, IR is hardly used on vehicles, because you lose your colour distinction and the people don't stand out like with the HV. In the end, I would think it a nice balance, giving some hope that all goggles would be used regularly. Lastly, there are people who think the LA is a 'better' version of the infiltrator. These people will complain that the LA class is now suddenly too powerful. That is the last reason for that big disadvantage I gave them. They simply ignore that their whole approach system is different, and the LA loses his use much more quickly with more enemies present than an infiltrator.
    All in all, I agree. The goggles should stay active even in ADS

Scrambler/false signatures
    False signatures should never be combined with darts or anything ranged for the LA. It would be a \n incredible upgrade over the infiltrators disruption grenades, which cost nanites and are already broken. To not encroach on the infiltrators turf too much, I would suggest to lock it to the LA himself.
    I also disagree with the scrambler idea. Spotting is kind of holy for me, giving people a real and definite position of a target. Although I get the idea that you want it to be more like the motion spotter. A stationary deployable that erases all spotting abilities. This might be an idea with the further suggestions in range and effectiveness that I suggested (sounds a bit cocky I know).
    Recon darts are only incredibly effective in smaller fights. As soon as the fights get larger, and even more in tiered bases, you'll get so much information that most of it is worthless.

Grenade launcher
    The grenade launcher would deal small damage to tanks, so you would need several LA to reliably take a tank down. Also, they would not be able to use C4. Fixing the other grenades is always good though. More smoke, more time.

Revive kit
    It's less powerful than it sounds. All other classes can be revived again and again, shooting rockets, deploying turrets and using other powerful armaments. The LA does not have this. The LA is quickly killed at places that are either hard to reach due to a fire fight, or simply out of reach. The revive kit would only be a one use, time restrained device. Dying after this time would result in a kit used in vain, nanite loss and the normal medic problems that apply to the LA. Being revived this way would probably also put you in danger again. All in all I think this device would not put a strain on that power balance. Highly situational, high risk at nearly all times.

The revive pad is more my favourite, but I think the fears that accompany the revive kit are more warranted here. The placement could give you a very high advantage. For example, if it is hidden in the rafters of a tech plant. If an enemy would successfully take the tech plant, you could just spawn there again and again with a hight advantage and possibly stocked with grenades for maximum effect. That is why I would stress the pad to be single use and destroyed immediately after use, and the utility slot would be empty that time spawning. This would prevent continues spawning at strategic and ignoring a lot of positioning, even if it is at the cost of nanites. It would also prevent people spawning with C4. I can hear the C4 rain complaints from afar....

EMP pistol
    It would be underpowered if you are alone. It might still be of some use, as you could seriously incapacitate two targets and then finish them. It would become a true teamwork weapon, where a single should would deal a lot of damage. No shields, no abilities if they where active, and visual impairment. Also, put yourself up against a MAX or overshield HA, and the usefulness has just increased a lot.
    Your version is basically only a visual impairment and the pellets explode? Good suggestion. Might be better for teamplay than my version.

Smokescreen.
    The goggles could also be a passive system, giving all LA another distinct feature. All classes have multiple distinct features. Infiltrator can stealth, hack, snipers. The HA has LMG, shields and rocket launchers, the engineer can repair, deploy mines and turrets and the medic can revive, heal, recharge shields and has an AR. The LA? Only his jets. Jets and goggles would be a better distinction between this class and the others.
    Linking this directly to the jumpjet ability is one of the better idea's.

Stim pack
    Agreed. Adrenalin is now underpowered, and I only use it on my infiltrator for better manoeuvring, and only sometimes.

A good addition. It's uses are highly situational, but can be very practical. Go on top of a roof and look down. Relay positions of the enemy to your platoon or plan your own strategy.
  15. Demigan

bumpity bump
  16. IronMouse

Necro-ing the thread, worthy of another read.
  17. Skiptrace

i love Light Assault, and I think that the whole focus on LA is a little odd for the class, Duel Wielding pistols sounds cool and all, but not particularly useful. I think shifting the focus to one of 3 ways of playing LA would be better

Style 1: Explosives Expert: C-4, Grenade Bandolier, and an Explosive Dart gun (ala Explosive Bolts for crossbow, but more effective.[Tool]) and Drifter Jetpack

Style 2: Mobile Spotter/Sniper: Assault Rifle (Add them to LA already, Medics dont need them anyway, medics should be focusing on healing people...), Auto-Spot Goggles (Auto-spot anything while in ADS mode with a 5s CD when at max Cert [Tool]), Magazine Bandolier, Jump Jet Pack (default Jetpack), and Smokescreen Grenades.

Style 3: CQC Skirmisher: EMP Dart Gun (Single Target EMP Grenade [Tool]) EMP Grenades, Stimpack OR Ammo Additives (Explained later), and Burster Jetpack (up to 6 Jumps [aka 1 off ground and 5 in mid air])

Each Style has a distinct focus. Style 1 is a AV/AOE AP designed to take out vehicles and multiple troops with ease, with lower Single Target capabilities. Style 2 is focused on being a slightly more mobile Infiltrator with some differences, and can be used to make diversions using the Smokescreen Grenades, which enemies cannot spot you inside (you can also carry 2 by default) and you have slightly higher effective range as a Style 2 LA. And finally Style 3, which has great CQC effectiveness but lacks AOE damage, and works on using blindsiding, and attaining the upper hand in a fight to win, which requires more than just a shootoff between 2 people, you have to use the EMP Darts to cripple your opponent, then go in for the kill with your SMG or Fast firing Carbine.

Also the Ammo Additives F button ability would give your gun for 5 seconds 10 extra damage, and slightly faster muzzle velocity and RoF.

I think if each class gets multiple defined Styles of play, the game would flow smoother and people could have specific roles within each class.