LA Jumpjet and drifter jet change.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by S0LAR15, Jul 16, 2013.

1. S0LAR15

Really, really sucks balls.

It is so sluggish to use them now.

Drifters are basically back to what they were pre GU11, so people who used them before for what they were won't be too fussed I guess.

As for jump jets, they are painfully slow on PTS now. LA will be lacking a key tool in CQC fights where your jump jets could give you an edge in rounding corners and taking on targets. Flanking will also in due course be much harder, as you can't go as fast as you can on Live.

Do not make this change Live, or increase speed of jump jets and drifter jets by default to compensate. Really it was the only strength of the class, to have mobility for use in play, in both combat and flanking. More and more though on Live flanking with La is getting weaker and weaker as players are learning to play. Radar flashes, easy spotting, audible jet pack, infil radar darts, and the spamming of mines in the right places, compounded with the ability of anyone to carry a shotgun and the strength of HAs in CQC.

One thing is for sure for me, if this goes Live, LA for me, will only be good for C4ing vehicles parked near towers. and getting over the roofs to sunderers. So if this change is to somehow mitigate that, it won't, it's just neutered the class outside of that.
    • Up x 14
  2. simon11russell

Yea jump jets are kinda weird on the test server now. I would assume the drifter change is a bug as they really have no reason to put it back its just better as it is now. and as for the normal jets they seem to have made some changes to momentum as its a pain to change direction with them right now.

And I hate to break this to you but we ain't gonna be C4ing anything since its been nerfed on the test server and now 2 blocks is just enough to get a lightning burning and not actually kill it.
    • Up x 5
  3. S0LAR15

Wow missed that stealth change.

Well now then there is absolutely no reason to not outright buff the speed beyond what it is on Live.
  4. TeknoBug

SOE, what on earth have you done? You wrecked forward speed! It's toally useless now.

I do hope that's a bug.
    • Up x 1
  5. WookLordz

Why do they hate LAs so much? I feel like it's because its not played that much and is a very effective killing machine for an experienced player, therefore the masses come whining to the forums.
    • Up x 5
  6. KillSwitchWes

I had no idea that this applied to the standard Jump Jet too, damn.

I agree about the Drifter jet though as this is what I did test out, this nurf sucks any usability and fun that was granted to it post GU11 and now it feels very sluggish and boring. LA is about speed and mobility, if you are not playing the vertical game than you should be able to play the horizontal game with increased speed AND maneuverability to compensate. These changes were not warranted at all IMO and if they do decide to roll this out to live (and they would be stupid to do so) I think it would be nice to be able to gain elevation at ~1/4 the speed of normal jump jets while not moving to make it somewhat more useful.
    • Up x 2
  7. Spookydodger

Stealth what? They said they were addressing a bug in the diagonal speed of the jets. Hopefully it will be refined.
  8. Spookydodger

I have never seen a thread begrudging the standard killing power of a LA. C4 sure, but not the class as a whole. I don't tink the devs hate LA, and I'm sure a few of them at least play them.
  9. WookLordz

Well, you don't give someone the "gift" of drifters that are awesome and then take it away.
  10. Spookydodger

I haven't tested it, but I feel that the drifter jet one not working at all (if that is the case) was a bug. Obviously they put it in specifically for moving faster while on the ground, and wouldn't just yank it without a word.
    • Up x 1
  11. KillSwitchWes

Not totally sure but I think he was actually talking about the stealth nurf to C4.
  12. KillSwitchWes

...Especially when it becomes worse than it ever was before.
    • Up x 1
  13. TeknoBug

Unfortunately it's affecting the forward speed, which the fix shouldn't have done.
  14. WookLordz

That is ******.
  15. Mythicrose12

Looks like a bug. Hopefully it gets sorted out.
  16. KillSwitchWes

This movement speed thing that we all are complaining about IS a bug. The only thing that was supposed to change with the DJJ is that there should no longer be a movement speed increase (more than 1x) when going diagonal or side to side. Other than that DJJ should work and feel (mostly) like normal, just not as good on the strafing mobility as it was.
  17. Bill Hicks

A man SHOULD go faster when using JETS
  18. TeknoBug

I think we've accomplished that, the problem now is how bad the forward (note, NOT DIAGNAL OR STRAFING) is terrible.
  19. KillSwitchWes

That was kind of my point, although the diagnal/strafing is supposed to be at 1x speed, the strait forward speed is supposed to be greater (1.25x?). If it is not than it is still bugged...
  20. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I used the Drifter Jets for nearly all my LA time, I just can't go back.
    At first, I bought them only for the airtime, though I've learned the speed is great.
    That they don't hickup on flat ground anymore since a few weeks back (They always worked on slopes, weirdly enough) was just a welcome bonus, they could be used for short range mobility if you just jumped occasionally.
    The new change is just weird, it's wrecking them completely for, ironically, any purpose other than what I originally bought them for.
    The change has the sideeffect that you barely lose any height if you *try* to strafe while flying forward, though.