[Suggestion] LA jetpack initial blast-off

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by IronMouse, Dec 18, 2014.

1. IronMouse

I'm a dedicated LA player. This being the case, I've had a LOT of time to experience all that LA has to offer. There's been a lot of quality talk about LA and it's problems on these forums, so I won't repeat anything covered so far. Instead, I'll contribute with my own input (hopefully no one has suggested the same so far; if so, excuse me for double/triple/multi posting):

as LA I tend to play pretty aggressively. Rush in, storm the floor, rush out, change my approach, surprise the target, fly out the window etc. What regularly spoils the plan for me is the low power of my jetpack. It takes ages for it to take my - seemingly - fat *** off the floor. The gameplay intended for LA simply isn't allowed by current game mechanics.

Being that we rely on our jetpack to an insane amount, it REALLY needs to be way more responsive. At least in the very beginning. It needs to QUICKLY lift the LA off the ground, and THEN continue the ascend in the manner that already exists. The way I imagine it is like a regular jump, only 2-3m high (speed-wise), and then the "regular" climbing speed kicks in. Except for when you need only a small ascend to climb out the window etc, which could be achieved by space+ctrl key combo to restrict the take-off sequence.

In the end, I'm just trying to think of something to compensate for our sluggish performance. We rely on speed and element of surprise to be effective, but in practice we are heavily penalized on both for playing the class we love the most.
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

I like pressing "F" to gain a burst of vertical speed better, gives more control. Or double tap spacebar or something.
  3. IronMouse

Or that. I don't mind the execution itself, the point is we need more speed in general, especially in the lift-off phase.

Haven't seen you in-game for a while by the way.
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

Well like my signature says, I'm mostly playing WoW now. I still drop in occasionally when I'm in the mood for some slug action.