LA class is now unscheduled in favor of...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Hypest, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Skeith

deal with it kid,infiltrator comes first because right now they are a broken class

cloak right now is horrible,given how changing from high to low makes it so freaking easy to spot,and even then it's 12 seconds of imperfect stealth,that disables all of our weapons,and that farts everytime we activate it or turn it off

hacking is poor as hell,and unlike the LA the infiltrator doesnt have any role in the game

you think that SOE is handling bad your class?

try to play infiltrator for some time,ill assure you that your probably going to hang yourself.
  2. AWood

I don't mind Infiltrator that much, hack speed should be faster, and the nanite cloak sound is ********. Would much rather have a silent sound like Crysis 3. If I could break into the games files, I'd replace the client side sound with the sound of the nano cells changing and "Cloak Engaged".
  3. Hypest

In fact i played more than 27hr (let me remind you "kid" that this is more than most single player games playthrough) as an infiltrator so far so let's see:

I accept this as your OPINION

There are threads about how OP the SMG combined with the cloak, if you can't use it right apperantly it's not the game's fault. Hunting down the reamining infiltrators after a big battle to secure the base is a pain in the ***.

It's just not true governor romney. Hacking is a role, sniping is a role, even spamming the darts is a role. If your squad don't have a 1 or 2 dedicated infiltrators your squad going to suck. LA has roles too: placing/removing spawn beacons and keeping the roofs clear.

Comments like this make me want to hang myself.
    • Up x 1
  4. PaperPlanes

You know, I'm fine with infiltrators getting worked on, but it's complete BS that SOE seemed to have the time to randomly shoehorn in a light assault nerf for pretty much no reason.

So they have plenty of time to nerf an already incredibly bland class that has no team oriented role, but they have to keep delaying buffs to it because they're not important. Meanwhile the infiltrator has been getting a consistent stream of buffs and new toys for the last 2 months or so and now their revamp has taken priority over the LA. But it's ok, despite all this, they can still nerf the LA and make it even more underplayed.
    • Up x 2
  5. Intruder313

Infiltrator definitely needs more help than LA.

A Cloak that actually hides them while simultaneously not loudly announcing their presence would be a start.
  6. Adept

I think LAs should be happy about the delay given the rage about the planed increase of jet pack noise. This means LAs can continue doing their usual business.

In fact.. i propose keeping the noise level the same, but let's add some glowing decoration on LAs like the infiltrators and make the jet pack become a 2nd sun while operating :D
  7. RogueComet

Wow it is obvious you don't read all of the LA forums. LA is getting the shaft in the delay, PLUS RadarX said that they WILL be pushing those sounds for the LA jets to live on the next patch. Double dose of HATE for LA from SOE.
  8. Adept

Hmm that's really going overboard. I think they shouldn't modify LA until they've seen how infiltrator updates work out.
    Eh whatever.
  9. Corezer

SECURE THAT LOGIC, SOLDIER!!!
  10. ElectiDei

With no buffs incoming, a jetpack noise that makes my ears bleed whenever I hear it, and zero team utility, I can see no reason to use this class over a Heavy, a medic, or an engineer. The game may as well just have these three as the only classes in the game, minus the two seconds you need an infiltrator to hack a term. And two months from now they will tell us that LA has been pushed back because Heavy Assaults are in more need of a rework.
    • Up x 2
  11. Kahlev

The only thing Infiltrators really need fixed is low setting cloak, and maybe a little boost to their grenades. Perhaps make Recon dart (already a great tool) pick up explosives like mines/c4. Other than that I've never had any real issues on infiltrator. It's a fairly simply and powerful class. Sniping is easy, you should just be using a silencer, compensating for the drop isn't all that challenging, and even then you should try to move spots every now and then. But a lot of infiltrators do neither, they don't cloak between shots or during reloads either. As for actually infiltrating? They are great at that, I don't see what the issue is. With either the new ultra-powerful silenced SMG's, or something like a Nyx (for VS) they have some solid infiltration weapons, and the ability to hack terminals and turrets should never be underestimated. Don't forget the Wraith Module as well, people are abusing that massively right now, and it gives them a huge role to play in large outdoor fights with a fury flash running huge groups down while spraying grenades everywhere, or coming up behind enemy armor off repairing somewhere and unloading on them to finish them off.

The cloak sound has only been an issue for me 1/50 times at the most, and usually because I uncloaked directly behind someone who was not distracted doing something else, or when there wasn't fire going off that would muffle my sound. There have been other times like just yesterday where I ran through 2 squads fighting by a rock collection near TI Alloys, turning my cloak off and on to save power, and no one noticed me at all.

I think people who play infiltrators just want full cloak like stealth in fantasy MMO's where you are completely invisible for an infinite amount of time, and aren't willing to adjust their approach strategies to compensate for a less than perfect cloak. But it's really not that hard to plan for, stop and regen cloak at spots where no one can see you, flank as much as you can and don't just run right by someone in their full view, etc. People just want I-win buttons.

That said, LA's jetpack is in many ways a superior form of stealth, and a sound increase does make sense, I just hope they scale back a bit from what is on test, as I think it went from one extreme to another.

Balancing multiplayer games needs babysteps, not giant leaps, you're not on some super short timeline, take the time to tweak bit by bit. There is no need to change things so dramatically in one single patch, otherwise you risk taking a useless thing and making it completely OP, and vice versa.
    • Up x 2
  12. PaperPlanes

Infiltrators got their start back in February when SOE started working on class bugs. Then they brought in SMGs that, while useable by other classes, are obviously geared toward giving infiltrators a non-sniper role. Then you got the Wraith. There was also the render distance increase, which may have been welcomed by everyone, but infiltrators who snipe got the biggest benefit, the increase in rendering was a massive buff to sniping.

And look what LA has received. Window changes which have severely limited the routes the LA can take while jetpacking. C4 nerf. Class revamp has been rescheduled twice. Jetpack sound nerf.

Stop acting so spoiled. The infiltrator is no longer the weakest class in the game, LA has taken that title. Last few months have been infiltrator buffs mixed with LA nerfs. Do the math.
    • Up x 1
  13. RogueComet

I personally (and obviously) don't feel that it is going overboard and I think a lot of people who enjoy LA agree with me. It is fact that SOE has changed game mechanic after game mechanic that impact Light Assault in a manner greater than any other class.
    Fact: C4 nerf hurts the class that uses it the most more than other classes, the most being LA.
    Fact: Adding sounds to HA Shields and LA jets, hurts LA more than HA.
    Fact: LA is the ONLY class that doesn't have a tool slot item, thus we are the most unfinished class (not issue of balance, but FINISHED).
    Fact: Changes so spawn beacons can only be placed by SL effected LA more than any other class.
    Fact: Changes to spawn room death fields (roofs) directly impacted LA and barely changed other classes.
    Fact: Window sutter redesign got rid of a method many of us used to get in/down of rooms, something other classes very rarely (never for many) did.
    Fact: LA is unfinished (Higby has been quoted saying as such) yet our 'revamp' has been pushed back more times than any other class.

You want a complete list of things where LA has been nerfed?
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/la-nerf-list.116293/

Maybe you prefer to look at actual data concerning how well LA performs?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=33

How can you see how long that list is on my thread, compared to a similar list for ANY OTHER CLASS, and say that SOE doesn't hate the LA? You can see how they keep pusing back the time table to FINISH the LA class, and how can you say that SOE doesn't hate the LA? You can see how the LA underperforms DRASTICALLY compared to MAX, HA, even medic and engineer, and how can you say that SOE doesn't hate the LA? As far as I'm concerned, they don't want us to be even marginally effective. They don't want us to even consider using the class. As someone said a few posts ago, why not just take it out of the game, considering what they are about to do by giving us the biggest nerf ever to see this game when they introduce those sounds that are on Test Server.
  14. Stargazer86

They had that during beta. They were given the loud sound after there were many complaints about silent and difficult to spot infiltrators being too overpowered.
  15. Wolfwood82

All for it. The longer it takes SOE to screw up my favored class with their now questionable decision making skills, the better.
  16. blzbug

Too late. RadarX posted today that the jetpack sounds on test are going live with the next update. I suppose that means this week. If they go live with the same sound level to the user, there won't be a single LA left online. Who could play LA for more than 10 minutes with that racket in their ears?

When SOE was nerfing the C4, they were just fixing a bug. Now that SOE is nerfing something YOU use, their decision making skills are questionable. I see how this works...
  17. giltwist

You mean the turret hacking that lets the person who used to be in the turret kill you before they render? You mean the recon detect device that fails half the times you fire it (despite INCREDIBLY limited ammo?) You mean the recon detect device that puts enemy blips UNDER the gigantic platoon member markers? Do you mean the 1000 cert sniper rifles that are totally negated by 61 certs spent to get nanoweave 3? Do you mean the wraith that can still be heard further than it can be seen even when cloaked?
    • Up x 1
  18. Yalk

Do you mean the LA tool that ....
  19. Wolfwood82

Who said anything about the sound bit? You presume too much as usual. I care more about LA being geared towards 1vs1 dueling and steered away from what they do now.

The nerf really is just another step towards that anyway, rather then doing what they should have done (removed the pump action shotguns from the LA gun list) they are cutting down on our flanking versatility and who knows what they are scheming for this so called revamp they have in mind. It probably won't hurt nearly as bad as people fear, it's just a minor shift in a direction I happen to disagree with.

You've never seen how this works.
  20. giltwist

Your jetpack WORKS. Our cloak sure doesn't. Have you tried low settings? How about cloaking right after getting out of a drop pod or a turret? Before the infiltrator push of the last two weeks, NOTHING worked. The wraith showed a taillight, the prox mines did zero damage. Basically anything other than the SMG didn't work, at all. Even with "just" a jetpack, you still manage to outclass infiltrators significantly (see: this thread). Almost no matter how you slice it, LA does 2-3 times better than infiltrator. Medic is the only class to ever do worse, and that's largely due to the fact that their score does not derive from kills.
    • Up x 1