[Suggestion] LA-Based Changes to Update 2

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Minsc, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Minsc

Windows
    No change needed. Not all windows were shuttered. So we will just have learn new routes on a base to base basis. The tower cap room shutters are a sad loss, but that room was easily campable by tanks and snipers, so the change is totally understand, even though it's a bit sad. A force field that does not allow shooting through but people can get through would have been ideal, but oh well. This fixes a significant problem.

Tower Redesign
    Great! I thinks it makes up for the loss of windows actually. So many places to hide, enemies tend to clump more and I don't have to worry about getting hit by friendly vehicles as much.

Spawn Rooms
    Very cool new buildings but they have a serious flaw. The pain fields extend too far around the building. I should be able to land on top of spawn buildings. It would be nice to have a visual cue as to where the boundaries of the field is, because even just flying over it does damage. The second story gives great views of rooftops, making it harder for us to sneak around, much harder. But is not a death sentence; LA should always be moving around in order to make us difficult targets anyway. The second floor pain field, ideally, should do damage only after 10 seconds or if you stop moving. This way camping is avoided but LA can still put up a fight against the second floor enemies. The true painfield should be from the enemies inside the building creating it with bullets/lasers, but it's a necessary evil to avoid camping.

Vehicle Landing Bug
    Landing on a vehicle, tested on friendlies, will deal significant damage to you. Even if falling from a height that would deal no damage. It deals at least 75% damage to you. Jumping from the SCU shield gen in an amp station to the roof a sunderer parked below it will remove all shields and half your health, even if you use JJ during the short drop. This needs changing ASAP.

Autoresupply
    It should attempt to buy checked items whenever you use one. Not maintain 1 of them. If you carry 2 C4, you want to maintain at least 2.