LA assault sniper- T5 AMC or TRAC-5S?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by blampoet, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Iridar51

I'm bad at moving along. Congratulations, you've just started an argument with Me.

You have two choices now, either provide arguments as to why exactly am I wrong and what I didn't understand, or surrender and acknowledge my superior intelligence. Trolling, ad hominem arguments or no response at all will be treated as such.
  2. Freedym Fry

It means that burst mode sucks, even for the burst rifles. Switching to burst mode only makes any sense at the sweet spot of less than 20 meters, if that. Otherwise you're just wasting ammo due to recoil. That there is a burst mode on the s variant has nothing to do with considering using the burst gun for increased accuracy in single fire mode, which is what the op uses. I think most people find bursting to be much more effective in automatic mode anyway, where you have a lot more control over the burst.
  3. P149U3

Everyone knows the trac 5 burst is sh*t and the trac 5 burst is the the trac 5s's burst mode on a burst gun only....DERP
  4. P149U3

Read above
  5. ikillyou1990

Trac-5 s still does great. I use the trac-5 s with a suppressor, x2 reflex sight and under barrel smoke/grenade launcher depending on the situation. Works great with light assault because with both the smoke grenade launcher and the regular grenade launcher, it is best to be higher up. I use the smoke to get in and c-4 maxes which works very well.

I still get plenty of kills with the under barrel grenade launcher even after the nerf. You just have to be a bit more accurate. I use it like a mortar.
  6. Iridar51

Are you saying that TRAC 5 Burst is basically TRAC 5 S without the option to go full auto? If that's the case, then you couldn't be more wrong, they have lots of differences, specifically, TRAC 5 Burst is more accurate, has higher potential DPS, less recoil and better on the move accuracy.
    Granted, it's somewhat harder to use due to obligatory burst fire, but I wouldn't say it is sh*t.
  7. P149U3

still worse then the trac5s which is not all that bad except for the random recoil
  8. Iridar51

For long-range shooting? IMO, both of them are kinda "meh" there, but, in theory, TRAC 5 Burst has slightly longer effective range than TRAC 5 S, but T5 AMC is hands down better than both of them.
  9. P149U3

Nothing beats T5 amc at range best accuracy and recoil of all the carbines for range
  10. Freedym Fry

I do like the amc better for this myself, though there really isn't a real sniper rifle for us. When I want to snipe I usually pull out the shotgun slugs. To the op, it does take some practice to use, but if you're first objective is to soften the targets at range, landing a single slug should deliver the damage of about a half dozen long range single shots. Less shooting more scooting.

Also no one has mentioned one advantage to any of the trac5 guns, and that is you can use a flash suppressor on them, if that's a consideration. You don't get that with the amc.
    • Up x 1
  11. hidden8lade

i personally prefer the T5 AMC because it has more ammo and more clip capacity
    also for my purposes it is the most accurate
  12. Sathayorn

But... You can go full auto with burst weapons... Click, click+hold, click+hold etc - do it right and you fire faster than the S versions.

TRAC 5 S fires 698 RPM, TRAC 5 Burst fires 750... You know... With proper trigger discipline...

If I knew anything about video editing I could display emptying a TRAC 5 Burst clip faster than a TRAC 5 S.
  13. blampoet

yeah, this is on my to-buy-list.... i'm waiting for the Barrage to come on non-member sale (350 sc seems an almost acceptable cost)
  14. Iridar51

I think you quoted the wrong person here. I'm perfectly aware of how weapons work. I've literally wrote a book on that just recently ^_^
    Yes, you are correct, TRAC 5 has higher potential damage and accuracy compared to TRAC 5, and that's what I was trying to prove to Mr. P149U3.

There is a problem with that, though, burst weapons use first shot recoil multiplier for the first shot in each burst, so their recoil per second is a lot higher, and is very uneven, so using a burst weapon at range becomes very challenging.

Ofcourse, some burst weapons have low FSRM, like SABR-13 with 0.75x FSRM, if my memory is correct, which allows for ez-mode long range spamming.

In terms of effectiveness at range both TRAC 5 S and TRAC 5 Burst are "meh" in my opinion.
    Don't expect a miracle to happen, slugs are mediocre at best, always were. If you want a precision weapon for medium range then don't go any further than T5 AMC, that is best what TR LA can do. For long range shooting LA is a wrong class.
  15. Freedym Fry

They have to not be moving, and it can be frustrating to use shotgun slugs, but it seems like their minimum damage stays hefty at any range, which is why I switch to them when I'm out of the amc's effective range. Don't expect miracles indeed, it's slow and like lobbing a rock, but it is a situational option, and where it works, it works great. You may need to aim a good thirty degrees above their heads sometimes mind you, but that is practice, like an exaggeration of a long range suppressed weapon. Definitely try it out in the vr a lot instead o buying it on a whim.
  16. Pingonaut

T5 AMC is a really good gun to use for long range. I use 3.4x scope when I know I'll be in close to medium range engagements, and I use 6x scope in longer ranges. It's very viable.