LA and new Advanced Shield Capacitor

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Myrgatroid, Jul 27, 2013.

1. jak

Sirius would like to have a word with you...
  2. Sock

Please refrain from personal attacks.
  3. jak

I apologize for my insensitivity towards your eyesight, which explains your reliance on the underbarrel grenade launcher.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sock

I'm a visionary.
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

I think you're not playing your LA properly. I'm not calling you incompetent though. I just think you're very stupid. But I'm not stating you have insufficient intellect.
    Really, I don't want to insult you. But I do call you names.

Excuse me, was I talking to you?
  6. Sock

Sorry didn't know I needed permission to talk in this thread. I'll stop beating around the bush. Nanoweave on LA is a crutch for mediocre players.
  7. jak

Seriously, man, calm down. I never called you names. I never said you were bad at LA, nor incompetent. Me saying that I don't necessarily agree with how you play the class (which I didn't, I gave my opinion on how the class should be played but I have no idea how you play it) isn't the same as me saying you're bad at playing the class.

It's the difference between doing machine leg press and squats in the weight room. Nobody is saying someone doing leg press sucks as weightlifting. Wow, why are we even having this conversation?
  8. Fortress

Careful guys, he wrote the COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE ON PLAYING LIGHT ASSAULT. His word is law!
  9. Iridar51

Aparantly because either you are bad at expressing yourself or I am bad at comprehending, probably the latter, as I've been known to misenterpret things thrown at me as personal attacks, because I'm childish and unsecure person.

On a serious note, I never said my word is law. I'm a mediocre player at best and I realise that. If anything I try to be open minded about things. All I ever wanted is to express my opinion. Instead we turned this thread into flame circus.
  10. Sock

You turned it into a flame circus by not being able to take any constructive criticism on how you think LA should be played.
  11. Iridar51

And you're keeping a fire up. Battle is only a battle when both sides are shooting at each other.
    When I said "we" I referred to Corezor and me. You should stop reading into posts so much.
  12. Sock

And by "you" I meant you. You should try actually reading posts.
  13. Corezer

I also have more than paper to go off of, I also have both NWA and ASC maxed, I also have 80% LA on my main, 65% on this character, and 69% on my VS, and while ASC looks good on paper, where there are no surprises, where you know jumping behind cover will make you completely safe, and where you know it will be ~8 seconds between each and every 1v1, and where you will always have a quick out if more than 1 comes from more than 1 angle (you can actually glitch through the ceiling above the point using your Icarus jets </sarcasm>)

In reality though, ASC's 2.5 second advantage is nowhere near the bulk of your gameplay.

You can call it a crutch for incompetent players, and a formula 1 race car a crutch for incompetent drag racers, but I guarantee you that it is gonna win against your Nissan leaf regardless of if it's a casual or seasoned racer behind the wheel.

I'm not even calling you incompetent, if you make ASC work for you good for you, but that doesn't make it better. I could do work without any suit slot at all, but that doesn't mean saying no suit slot is better than NWA would be correct. Your play time is anecdotal evidence of facts. I call them facts because they can be and are proven, wrong. NWA spends more time having more shots required to die than ASC, and you can't be sure of when you will be presented with opportunity or be engaged by enemies unless you are sitting in the warp gate (even in spawn you have guys flubbing their grenades off people's heads all the time)

That's the bottom line, stop arguing that the grain goes another way just because you can run your hand across it without getting a splinter.
  14. Corezer

than the NS11c, sure. Im not sure about the Srs after the update to vs weapon sounds.

Before, I'd call the srs better, because SMGs have the distinct advantage of their silencers causing them to make a less empire distinct noise, allowing you to engage an enemy with his nearby buddy being less likely to turn to the gunfire regardless of the radar noise. With the new sound pack and not having used it since the patch I'm not sure of this.
  15. Grimtou

Actually, while NWA is quite good 1v1, when you consider the squad dynamics caused by the heal mechanic, ASC is more beneficial when you consider that you are quicker to revive to full health than to heal from 250 health to full. Subsequently, returning a squad of dead soldiers to life is faster than healing a squad from near death. Hopefully you don't run into too many clutch situations with your squad that you really needed that extra bullet or two to win the engagement.

Flanking and positioning have always been very important in Planetside, and anything that grants mobility is very powerful in the bigger picture (ASC shortens the time that you would let yourself be suppressed)
    • Up x 1
  16. jak

So I don't have much of a response to you because you took a conversation I was having with Iridar and transposed your argument into that side conversation. Then you implied I said something Sock said (I never called NWA a crutch nor did I call anyone incompetent). If you want to debate a point, at least keep it coherent. And I wasn't aware I had access to Icarus jets...
  17. Iridar51

That is actually a curious fact. But you have to agree, being dead has it's disatvantages :p
  18. Tristan

It's absolutely adorable that someone in this thread with a notably lower K/D ratio and 20,000 less kills in a relatively equivalent playtime is telling someone else that they're doing it wrong. As a LA. Which is basically the whole sum of how useful you are as a LA. Good job. Keep it up.
  19. DoctOrious

Does anyone have any spare batteries?
  20. Corezer

Good job, keep it up!