Knife wielding

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kriegssemmel, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Kriegssemmel

Dear Planetside developers,

could you please switch off this knife wielding ********?
    Can't tell how many times i died in a 1vs1 because i was accidently holding this damn blade instead of the primary weapon... just pressed the knife button half a second too long.

What's so weird about having to equip the forceblade with a button on the numpad, like every other weapon too?
  2. breeje

3. Scr1nRusher

How big are your hands & fingers?
  4. Devilllike

Lol wut? i am sure you need to hold it pretty long time for the knife to come out...just try not to press it so hard...jeez...you guys cant ask the game to change for your own failures
    • Up x 1
  5. Pat22

Forget holding it down too long, I'm pretty sure you can rebind it.
    • Up x 1
  6. FateJH

I've never heard of someone who has their weapons mapped to the numberpad buttons. Do you have one of those numberpads that's separate from the keyboard, so you can put it wherever you want, or are you left handed?
    • Up x 1
  7. Thardus

Wow, I have literally never had this problem... ever.
    How long are you holding down the knife button? You realize you only need to press it for a single frame, right? You don't need to hold it down at all.
    • Up x 2
  8. KaletheQuick

This happens to me all the time. I think it's because I try to let up and swing again, but my $10 GE mouse thinks I was holding on the button the whole time.
    Possible Solutions:
    -Practice taking your finger all the way off the button in VR.
    -Adjust mouse click settings.
    -Try a different mouse
    -Rebind keys.
  9. Kcalehc

It doesn't need to be held down very long to cause the swap; however, its pretty easy to tell the difference. Unless I suppose you have either a terrible mouse, or some kind of disability.

You can always un-map the quick knife key, and only use the equip melee key (8 by default) to bring up the knife when you need it.
  10. Krinsee

I have this issue as well. Honestly I don't know when it would be needed to follow up a quick knife with wielding it.
    Wielding seems to be a more directed action that you intend to do.

All I would like to see is just an option in gameplay to toggle auto-wield on quick knife hold down.

EG: Auto-wield (box checked) acts as is
    Auto-wield (box un-checked) wield knife with bound key (default 8) only.

This seems like a reasonable request, as some of us players are a bit heavy handed and this would prevent accidentally equipping the knife after a quick knife, and still allow the option for those who use it.
  11. Kriegssemmel

I'm glad that i am indeed one of few, but not the only one who has this problem..

Ok just to make things clear... my knife button is not the mouse wheel, but mouse button 4, so i use my thumb.
    I do not accidently hit the button. This is not the problem.
    The problem is, in the heat of battle i sometimes hold down the button too long. This would be no problem, if the enemy was dead after i used my knife, but sometimes he isn't, and this is a very dangerous situation because it takes a too long time to equip the primary weapon.

Oh no that was missleadingly... i didn't mean the numbers on the right side of the keybord, but the ones below the f1, f2, f3,.. buttons.. don't know how to call it.

This would not solve the problem. I dont want to wield my knife, i use it for quickstrikes in close combat. Normally i fire about 5-10 shots at the enemy and then i knife him. This is the fastest way to kill someone in close combat.

Yes i know, i cannot make Planetside responsible for my problems, but everything was ok until the knife wielding update.

That would be a good solution.
  12. Jubikus

I have my weapon on my number pad but i also played MMOs for a long time so my number pad is on the side of my mouse and i can switch weapons with my thumb.[IMG]