Knife only Light Assault

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Prudentia, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Prudentia

So yesterday i realized i had less than 100 kills left to auraxium my standard knife so i decided to main it for a few hours to finish it.
    as i have barely any certs in my cloaker and i didn't ever unlock Ambusher Jumpjets despite being a Light Assault Main i went with that. i've had an absolute blast with it, despite being inefficent but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas to improve the loadout.
    I'm currently running
    Ambusher JJ
    Adrenaline Pump
    Flashbang
    Medkits
    Sensorshield 5
    Regen 5
  2. Icehole1999

If it was me, I’d drop Adrenaline Pump and add the highest rank Nanoweave you had, just so you could Tank the extra bullets while you attempt to knife people carrying guns.

Have you thought about knifing with HA? Catlike 5 can get you around a fight pretty quick and let you flank from unexpected angles.
  3. Prudentia

don't have catlike and i just feel gimped as a heavy in terms of movement.
    tho i could drop the medkits in favor of aux shield, that'd add an extra bullet too and still give me the chance to run down enemies. it just happened too often already that i'm chasing after someone who hasn't noticed me which is why i added AP in the first place.
    • Up x 2
  4. Icehole1999

That’s why I put AP on my Infiltrator.

You wouldn’t believe how fun fully ranked Catlike on HA can be until you try it. You wouldn’t ever be able to not use it after that.
    • Up x 2
  5. Prudentia

it's already bad enough with AP having to switch back to a sluggish non AP loadout :p
    also i just remembered that the infiltrate implant is a thing. that cloak on a wielded knifekill should make for a lot of fun
  6. Iridar51

I tried something like that, but it was long before implant rework. I actually fully auraxiumed at least two knives as LA, one of them was specifically going for knife kills, though I was using Hunter Crossbow and going for quick knife kills with melee combo, since wileded mechanics were atrocious back then.

Check this: http://iridar.net/planetside2/classes/light-assault/#Loadout_Smoke_Ninja

Also has a gameplay montage. Though not sure how applicable any of this for today.
    • Up x 1
  7. Prudentia

Smoke grenades are a really good idea, especially in combination with Sensor Shield 5 blocking HSNV sights through smoke, gonna have to give that a try, the flashnades have been only only marginally helpful sofar,tho i haven't tried the quick det flash nades yet
  8. Iridar51

Without having tried quick-det flash with knife-only build, I do can say that they're far superior to normal flash grenade, especially when used with Ambushers, that let you capitalize on successful hits much quicker.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pat22

Safe fall and Icarus, stick to tall enemy-controlled structures such as tech plant hammerhead or tower bases, stalk from above, silently drop down behind enemies, knife kill, rapid escape.
  10. Pat22

The way I see it, quick det flash are for personal use, regular flash are for squad use, for like room breaches and stuff.
    • Up x 1