[Suggestion] Knife complaint and suggestion for fix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Doc Jim

Now that we can equip the knives by using the "gear slot 8", holding the "melee attack" button in order to equip it becomes redundant. This redundancy is not the problem.

The problem is that we get stuck on the knife if we stay on the "melee attack" button for too long. Too long in this context is a very short time frame. Getting stuck on the knife when you actually want to carry on shooting the next target is quite flipping bad game design.

I suggest a separation of "equipping" the knife from the "melee attack" button as it is redundant ("gear slot 8", remember?).
  2. Raap

I got stuck in it and then killed twice, I'll see if there is a way to unbind that from the default attack later today...

I mean, I have zero interest in running around with a knife anyhow... What's next, middle-ages sword charges? Hah... Wait, what, they said they wanted to add swords as well?! I think someone at SOE forgot which game was Everquest and which game was Planetside...
  3. Doc Jim

My workaround was to completely unbind the "melee attack", thereby depriving myself of the ability to quickly stab or punch anyone, that's how annoying this feature is.
  4. Doc Jim

I hate bumping my own posts, but I have to ask: has no one else experienced this issue?
  5. Sabreno Carvaroni

Not really, I reflexively switch to sidearm after melee attack. Although I do have a problem with oversampling attack while wielding a knife. Requires some time to get used to, muscle memory and all.
  6. Taemien

A toggle in options that allows us to disable the hold melee to brandish would work. I think they had the idea to allow for that with the ability to press 8 and bring out the weapon.
    • Up x 1