Kinda new infiltrator need tips (TR)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by EqualWin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. EqualWin

Hi guys I need help about stuff I need to buy. btw I am br18

I play mainly as SMG infiltrator: I already have
    ability: hunter cloak lvl 4 (is 5 worth it?)
    suit: Nano armory lvl 3 i dont remember (do i need to max it or just save and when I get gud buy something like granade bandoller 1 / ammunition belt?
    tool: motion spotter /recon lvl 1
    utility: Medical kit lvl 1 I'll level it later.
    Primarty weapon: Armistice + all attachments i need
    secondary weapon: which one should i buy? or default is good enough?
    granade : emp

I want to buy a sniper rifle rams .50m I guess, the best for long range snipe?
    also is there something I can buy to check the distance between me and my target or I just have to use my waypoint?

camo: are they important? atm I've white one cuz it looks cool.

vehicle: flash about to buy the stealth utility.

any recommendation and tips is appreciated and thanks for reading guys (If theres any guide that cover all of this I'd like the link!)

c u at emerald!
  2. _itg

Hunter cloak 5 is worth it eventually, but it's not a priority purchase. The cloak lasts the same amount of time either way.

Nanoweave armor is a valid option, although it's a bit weak on infiltrator since the class has less base HP. It will only let you take one extra bullet, but sometimes that's enough. Grenade bandoleer is always good, since EMPs are strong and cheap.

Upgrade your chosen recon tool ASAP, and don't forget to use it. These things are honestly more powerful than the cloak when upgraded.

Which attachments are you using on the Armistice? Soft point ammo should be a given. Either extended mags or the laser sight are viable. It's hard to say whether the suppressor is worth it, but you should probably get used to the gun without it first, so you know what you're giving up in direct combat effectiveness by using it. If you don't run a suppressor, leave the barrel slot empty.

The default Repeater is very strong. Later on, you might look into getting the Blackhand (the sniper-pistol) in order to have a long-range backup option, but it isn't a priority.

The Rams 0.50 is the go-to long-range sniper. You can use the rangefinder implant to check distance, if you like. I think it's a T3.

Cutebeaver has a camo guide you could read (should be near the top of this subforum). Personally, I run around in objective white with glowy blue Auraxium armor, and I do okay.

The wraith flash is fun, but keep in mind you need to buy an expensive weapon (Fury or Renegade) in order to get much use out of it. The flash has awful handling, and it's essentially impossible to aim in first person, so you're going to have to learn to aim in 3rd person. Getting a crosshair overlay or putting a dot in the center of your screen will help a lot. All in all, I'd suggest you hold off investing in this for a while.
    • Up x 1
  3. Iridar51

^ What itg said.

I also second his advice: BR18 is not the time to concern yourself with spending real money.

If you're looking for weapon and equipment info, check planethead.info for that.
  4. cobaltlightning

For my CQC Infiltrator build, I'd go with my NS7 or MKV, and an ASC over nanoweave.

Aside from those, there's not much difference. Proximity mines may be unethical, but can get you a surprise kill, especially when you know you're being hunted.

As for camo, it sort of depends on where you're gonna be fighting at, and goes for all classes really. On Esamir, any white camo can do you well (I personally use sky) and on hossin a dark green can help you blend (I use the weeds cuz dank). The other two continents have varying terrain and biomes, so they're a bit harder to judge for.

But yeah, you REALLY wanna upgrade your recon tool as soon as your can and as much as you can. The Darts are good for a sort of offensive role, and the spotter is better suited for hanging around the same area. Did I mention you get XP whenever an ally kills an enemy spotted by your recon tools?

That said, until you get the feel for sniping, I'd recommend the cheap bolt action until you get used to it. That would be the M77-B. It's not nearly as super long-range as the RAMS .50, but it oughta let you get a feel for the bolt action type.
  5. EqualWin

attachments are soft point, suppressor, extended mags and a optic x2.

for my flash I'd just get the stealth utility so i can get into good spots, the weapon is too expensive.

I'll upgrade the recon tool now, and thanks every1 for the help. I'll check cutebeaver guide.
  6. EqualWin

I am not trying to spend "a lot" of money, just the camo i guess, and maybe a good sniper rifle cuz i dont want to farm 1k cert for it! and thanks i'll check it
  7. Iridar51

Well, TR start with a crappy semi auto, so yeah, eventually you wanna invest in bolt action rifle, if you intend to snipe at all.

The main allure of RAMS 50 is that it can one hit kill on a headshot targets within 300m. However, this is not as attractive as it used to be. Previously, the infantry render range was hard set at 300m. So with RAMS, if you see it - you can kill it with headshot.

However, nowadays render range is dynamic and based on priority. Players with long range weapons - e.g., other snipers - will render further out, so without range finder you can't be sure if the enemy is within OHK range.

That said, sniping targets 250-300m away is hard by itself.

I've herd Mustarde, one of the best snipers, to positively comment on SR7. Sure it has shorter OHK range of 250m, but much more wieldy than RAMS (faster rechamber time, faster reload). Myself - as a guy who only rarely use a sniper rifle to countersnipe - I prefer RAMS, since it's pretty much point and click at most ranges.
  8. _itg

I think most people who prefer the SR7 & friends tend to do so because they got used to it before the T3 rifles came out. The difference in chamber time is extremely small, and if you want to fire fast, you're much better off with the T1s or CQC bolt-actions, which get a more meaningful boost in this area. The faster reload is nice, but I don't think it's worth losing 50 m/s and 50m off your OHK range.
  9. Iridar51

Possibly. I got no opinion on the topic, never shot the SR7. I just know that RAMS can feel like a punt gun, especially when sniping at closer ranges.
    [IMG]
    Long reload time is especially annoying, but it also probably has something to do with the fact that I'm a scrub with a 12x scope.
  10. RedArmy

i used the SR7 up until i got the Ram50, its a great gun and behaves very well. no having to put it in the naughty corner like the starter sniper. Id really go for the 8x or 10x scope on the snipers cuz things at 12x actually make it harder to hit but easier to compensate for gravity if your not using the Ram.
    Brs 1-30 are your learning ranks - experiment by trialing guns n messing with loadouts.
    Brs 31-50 is when ur trying to find your niche
    Brs 51+ is refining you long range murder skills to perfection
  11. CuteBeaver

I would wait for a camo sale .

Seriously SOE/Daybreak does them every year and its almost Halloween so I am pretty sure there will be some marketing hype coming up soon. I think for SMG play you might fare better with "disguise" camo. Rather then trying to blend with bushes or trees. The reason being motion/ running around really defeats the purpose of camouflage. So your not going to be invisible with it like the videos in the guide, however you might be slightly less appealing then the obvious person next to you while running around, but thats about it. Huge difference in terms of functionality.

[IMG]
    (Old images before Vanu markings were increased)

[IMG]

"Disguise Camo" is when you try and make yourself look like the other faction. This can cause your enemies to hesitate. Good ones will still shoot you and identify you easily since even the best disguise camo does not give a friendly dorito about your head <3. Also worth noting disguise camo will also get you killed much more frequently by your own faction. >.>

I'll see if I can come up with some interesting disguise camo's for you. I assume your playing TR male?
  12. AnuErebus

That and the Tier 2s had almost the same refire time as the Tier 1s for the first year of the game. It pretty much made it a straight upgrade to the Tier 1s and was noticeably faster than the Tier 3s. During the big balance update alongside PU2 however they nerfed its refire time to being just slightly slower than the Tier 3s. As was the norm at the time it was a typical DGC overnerf and instead of planting it in the middle so it was balanced alongside the others it's so close to the Tier 3s that it's just a downgrade. I loved those guns, still like them due to amount of time I used them for, but the Tier 1s (For fire rate) and Tier 3s (For velocity) are indisputably the better rifles at this point.
  13. CuteBeaver

[IMG]

This is the best I could do to try and make a TR infiltrator male look as ambiguous as possible. Hat = Havoc Cavalry Helmet. The Camo = African Forest. I had a hard time deciding which decals I liked best. The face looks like it has a yellow pimple and the boot looks better with the little blob near the foot.
  14. Problem Officer

I run Hunter, Adrenaline, Motion Spotter, don't simply cloak preemptively, use your cloak sounds to mislead enemies.
  15. EqualWin

tr female x)
    and thanks I'll see, those looks really cool as well even better than the white one that i am using.

yesterday there was an infiltrator that kinda looked like a tr very annoying, made me kill a teammate! (mostly cuz he respawned in front of him xD)

btw thanks for ur guides are they're very useful

thats an uncommon setup, Ill try adrenaline I've never used it, and atm I am playing with recon. I find it more useful for being offensive, tho I miss using motion spotter to bait enemies.

also thanks everyone for the answers very useful.
  16. Biddion

Why is your recon only lvl 1?
  17. EqualWin

it was level 1! its lvl 3 atm, and well cuz I am kinda new and was spending certs on other stuff i wanted like the armistice lvl 4 cloak etc.
  18. CuteBeaver

Lol alright.

The TR have the hardest time with disguise camo because your colors are limited to mostly black / whites / greys and red, red, red, and more red. I find dark muddy greens can sometimes make the red on your uniform look brownish. The general idea at that point is to introduce a "pop" of color that the enemy would notice first. Just go to VR room if your curious and try out a few combos ;)
  19. EqualWin

nah vanu is boring, they literally have the most pop all the time (or well usually when i play at night) on my server so its not even fun, 99% zergs, so its fun to play agaisn't them as infiltrator (tho it means i'll lose the alert hah) I've one vs tho br 16, also smg
  20. Booface

First off, welcome to infiltrating in Planetside. A few general tips:

Cloak is not perfect. It's good at keeping you from being countersniped at long range, and making you a bit harder to hit at mid range, but don't expect true invisibility unless you are crouched and staying still. Also, if you cloak to avoid counter-sniper fire, move after you cloak. Most folks will fire at where your head used to be, just in case. And if they decide to predict you moving left or right, they only have a 50/50 chance of guessing right.

Ejection seats are an Infiltrator's best certification. Put Ejection seats on your Mosquito and use it to get to difficult-to-reach and sneaky sniper spots. If you get used to it, you can even land with good precision on top of radio towers, narrow rock formations, etc. Wraith Flash is especially good for SMG Infiltrators too, and cheap enough you can pull one pretty much every spawn.

Keep in mind what information a victim will have after you peg them. For example, if you are behind enemy lines and peg a bunch of guys, they're going to start looking behind them. But if you peg them from the same direction they expect to get sniped from, but a different elevation, you can go all day (or until your ammo belt goes dry). If you're trying to stay undetected, never fire when someone is looking at you. They'll see your tracer.

Related: if you tag someone but miss the headshot, let them run around a little bit before hitting them again. Wait until their back is turned. Just don't wait so long that their shield comes back up, or you may be better off switching targets and letting them think it was accidental friendly fire or something.

RAMS .50 is the best TR sniper rifle. It also has surprisingly good velocity and drop even with a silencer, so it's my favorite long range option and also sneaky option. But save some love for the close range variant too, it's rate of fire is terrific and has no scope sway on a 4x scope. You might even start to prefer it over an SMG if you get used to scoping in under pressure.

If you're in a spot that can only be reached by LA's and get spotted, just leave some mines behind and change locations. An LA coming up to get you won't have time to react when he comes over a ledge into a trap.