Killing infiltrators...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by m44v, May 6, 2013.

1. Astraka

Oh lord. I hope that this will not turn into one of those 'can't un-see' things. I might buy the Spectre on my Infiltrator next time I'm on... might give me a reason to stay TR.
    • Up x 1
  2. m44v

Why did you switch to NC anyway?
  3. Astraka

I love the sounds of the suppressed Blitz and Mag-Shot, the performance of the weapons in general compared to the TR equivalents, the look of the NC Infiltrator (with camo & such), the MAXs, the AI mines, TR on Waterson is overpopulated for the most part, and I feel like there is a deficit of skilled NC Infiltrators in general Waterson (I can only name two).

The big thing was the performance though. When you have spent so much time suffering with the Armistice & Failstorm, and finally get a real SMG like the Blitz in your hands... suffice it to say my per session K/D, SPM, & KPM has increased greatly after switching.
    • Up x 1
  4. IamDH

Now we need Morgan Freeman to narrate that
  5. MrMurdok

Are you kidding? You call this effective IFF camo? Any half-good PS2 player could tell you that's a VANU BOOTY from half a mile away.
    • Up x 2
  6. LownWolfe

7. CuteBeaver

Can't hide the sexy
    • Up x 3
  8. DeathSparx

I would argue that the TERRAN BOOTY is on the same level. :p
  9. Scudmungus

I'd double-tap that.
    • Up x 2
  10. TeknoBug

The problem with most players that plays infil is that they don't look after their cloak, I only decloak when I'm going to kill someone, most of the cloakers in that video either didn't have fully upgraded cloak or just waited far too long to attack after decloaking. OP in the video looks like has a very good 7.1 headphones or something and is able to pinpoint where the sound came from, half the time audio ambience drowns out nearby sounds for me that I don't always hear even a "thanks" voice comm. that's next to me.
  11. nubery

This whole argument boils down to the style of infiltrating that exists in planetside 2. It's just not liie ps1 and will never be. We're given tools to create misdirection, these tools aid infiltration but you can just the same infiltrate without them. We can see where EVERYONE around us are and we can choose how to engage them. Our cloak relies on deception and misdirection. Cat and mouse is exactly the game we play when entering a base. We kill those unaware and bait those chasing us. This is how infiltrators succeed in planetside, we dont rely on tools. Our tools rely on us to be competent in our own approach.
  12. DeathSparx

...and that's the reason why the infiltrator is one of the hardest (if not the absolute hardest) class to master in this game.
    • Up x 3
  13. nubery

And that is why being a good infiltrator is something to pride in. It's like being a good pilot.
    • Up x 2
  14. z1967

If light assault could hack, I would use that class for infiltrator.

Cloaking is more of a party trick after you get used to spotting them.
  15. Alarox

I haven't been playing the Infiltrator long but...

1.) I use the cloak before I get within hearing range of the enemy, or use it when under cover from some other noise.

2.) I use the cloak noise to my advantage when I'm near enemies if I choose to cloak.
  16. Bloodmyth

Good video, it still amazes me how many players are still in denial, we can hear your cloak, I have an analogy, I'm fairly colourblind and yet I still argue about the colour of something until my wife gets mad and asks my why I argue when 6ppl say its pink and not red. That's how I see you guys, so many of us say we hear the cloaking easily yet you basically say we lie, I put it down to you either have a bad sound setup, or you don't use headphones, or are slightly deaf, I will admit in a really noisy fight its harder to detect and I can be caught out but it's not common and in a big fight you'd have had the same chance to kill me without stealth. I have to say you'd be surprised how many infils I find from their cloak (and though not as common these days still many spam Q)

For me the NC cloak is the worse, that thing is so noisy and distinctive it makes it unsafe to use, my TR cloak seems the most likely to blend in with a noisy background but won't save me in normal circumstances, especially with the game 1yr in, players are much better at recognising the sounds than the early days, well at least I am :)
  17. Amouris

Put a betty, or two if people are running flak in your combat zone, decloak and laugh when they hop out.
    On a slightly more serious note there are definitely times where not using cloak is advantageous to stealth. This makes the cloak feel like an unfinished mechanic, wouldn't be an issue if we had options for cloaking but...yea... Where is our update? :(
    • Up x 1
  18. Tenebrae Aeterna

This is a great video demonstrating why this variant of stealth will not work in infiltration type situations. This leaves me feeling all the more confident about my Banshee Cloaking Device. Balancing out sound over a visualization is going to be much easier and can't be destroyed through inadequate invisibility upon different graphical settings when you're completely invisible while traveling around in a passive state.

Great video, showed me even more than I already knew about the current stealth system's inadequacies.
  19. MajiinBuu

20. LownWolfe

Thats cause it is farts
    • Up x 1