Killing Droppods as they spawn?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Babaganoush, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Babaganoush

As I was waiting at 900m+ to drop on some Reavers, I noticed a few droppods stuck in the air. Surprisingly enough, they were destructable:

http://i.imgur.com/XAIPq.jpg

More than half of the time, there was someone still in it! I stopped after those few minutes and never did it again. I'd hate to be the guy in the droppod who probably was waiting in the timer to be dropped or something.

Is this legit gameplay or would this be considered an exploit? Because I'd personally like to see this fixed.

Just to clarify again, these droppods weren't on their way on the ground. They were staying at like 1000m.
  2. DailyFrankPeter

Nobody else would have worried :) You must be that 'every women and child' kind of fighter ;)
  3. renegadeknight

I'm guessing they aren't suppose to be stuck, but I guess that they are suppose to be destructible. An interesting thing is I've had several occasions where I spawned without one and it reset me into one, perhaps this is why.
  4. Babaganoush

Bleh guess just more optimization is needed then.

I get that all the time now when Gal pilots force drop its passengers out. It spawns me at the place where I boarded the Gal instead of where I was ejected.