kill by hacker twice...logged out

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SKYeXile, Dec 3, 2012.

1. SKYeXile

Got killed by a known speed and aimbot hacker in a DC MAX, from about 100m, dead before i could even react the it was him, dudes been around for a week, doesn't even hide it. You need to get on with fixing the crap SOE, or some day, we just wont log back in.
  2. badname02

Gonna quote myself here:

Guy. While I in principle agree with your complaint please realize that SOE has other priorities to sort out first. They DO want to make money with this game and the amount of hackers is SEVERELY over-rated on the forums.

Their probable list of priorities:

1. Make the cash shop work and stable.
    2. Make the servers stable at all times.
    3. Make the game run smoother and optimize it(more players = more cash)
    4. Balance the game\Start banning hackers (less complaints, more players = more cash)

Do you have any idea how many false reports they get? Everytime someone completely OWNES with an aircraft and gets 100 kills and 2 deaths they'll get reported for hacking because well it's obvious that someone can't be that good right? So it's quite some work to actually figure out if someone is a real hacker or not. The guy you mention obviously is apparently, but that's not so easy for them to figure out when they have point 1-4 to work through ánd get an insane amount of legit and unlegit hacker claims...

Be glad this game isn't 6 vs 6... THEN hackers are WAY more annoying, trust me.

Besides: just redeploy, report, ignore and move on. It's not like he's gonna pwn an entire base on his own you know... It sucks but this happens in every-single-game out there that involves guns. Counter-Strike (which has VAC and is actually quite decent...), Quake Live, Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty (lmao), Battlefield series everywhere. And in new games which have other priorities (read above) it'll happen more. But then again ''Be glad this game isn't 6 vs 6... THEN hackers are WAY more annoying, trust me.''

Let's hope they start working on it soon and untill then either redeploy, report or don't play. It's what I do.
    • Up x 1
  3. Calaerin

While you make a good point and I agree with you, your point isn't entirely valid. People working on server stability are not the same people working on game tweaks, and those are not the same as the people hunting down hackers/bots.

It's true however that once the more pressing concerns are dealt with, more budget might become available to expand the team of people hunting hackers, for example.
  4. QuebecLibre

Hmm...... strange. 1- YeahBiotch: I personnally think you wrong because a guy can be 1 kills 2 death and still be hacker. Its how he kill not how many. 2- I'm surprise how everyone think hackers only hax aim. I heard they can hack certs and sc so if this is true, this is killing the entire economy of the game so you wrong again bout your 'company aim for good ingame cash mecanisms before hack hunting.
  5. 13lackCats

Wouldn't it be impossible to hack without the code?

The cry of "HACKER!" must be the most juvenile gaming tactic ever.
  6. Dragonzord86

You know, for someone that's played for 7-8 days of ingame time since its release, i dont know why you're complaining of someone making you log out, sounds like you need it.
  7. maxkeiser

I must be really lucky, or something, because I've been playing since launch (BR18 now) on Woodman EU and have yet to see a single hacker or anything I even thought was suspcious.

Which servers are all the hackers on then?
  8. Halon

9. AngryFire

Im a BR32 on Waterson East, I have seen many hackers especially lately. Always reported.
  10. SKYeXile

Cool story, hows first grade maths going for you?
  11. Dragonzord86

First grade maths? I'm just looking at the leaderboard and it shows your gametime... No maths involved.

Edit: Actually... the game got released 13 days ago... and you have 8 days game time.

I'm really happy the hacker made you quit for a few minutes at least, you really do need it.
  12. Compass

I saw someone who was very suspicious. Landing every shot with a SAW (thumpthumpthumpthumpthump-dead) and moving unnaturally around corners like he was skating. Eventually he got blown to bits and we never saw him again.
  13. supahitecjetfyta

when they shoot you whilst youre inside the spawn chamber its obvious theyre a cheat.

when they can overtake a quad on foot its obvious theyre a cheat.
  14. Xasapis

Well, it's really hard to tell if somebody is actually in a good or impossible position to kill you without some sort of kill cam, unless they do impossible stuff like the ones described.

For example, I've been getting hits on my max inside the shields and away from the doors. THat was going on for a bit, since some engineers were filling me up. When I /yell about wallhacking, it stopped.

I've also seen sanderers redeploy, reverse, run uphills etc at unreasonable speeds, however I am not aware of how much of an impact the certs have on that sluggish beast.
    One thing I can confirm that is not a hack but it's happening is that infantry explosive blasts go through the safe room shields (grenades, mines, explosives).
  15. BengalTiger

I've been around since October and so far I've only seen 2 suspicious events.

One was an enemy Sundy exploding.
    It was strange because it was inside the shielded garage of a bio lab on Esamir.

The other was in the NC Warpgate in Esamir, where I saw a player's marker (that arrow pointer thingy) on the map move.
    It was strange because the marker went across over a quarter of the mini-map and got out of its field of view in about half a second. Never seen anything move as fast, but I don't trust the map anyway as it sometimes shows enemies that ain't there and stuff.

Both happened the same day, maybe it was a single cheater...?
    It could have been some serious lag on the part of the quick moving guy, and a team of ninjas that hacked a teleport and dropped some C4 on the Sundy, it could have been a speed hacker that used no clip weapons.
    Can't prove or disprove anything.

That said, I've seen videos and read stories, so there are cheaters here, I personally think those who meet a hacker are lottery winners and the hackers are a fraction of a % of players- they just show off because they think they can get away with it.

And finally- being BR 13-ish I probably have seen much less than those who play more regularly.
  16. BengalTiger

Sundys are fast as Lightnings and armored as Vanguards (without the weaker top, sides and rear). They can keep up with ATVs, so they're not sluggish beasts.
    If they move faster than quads, I suspect shenanigans.
  17. Str8Dumpin

some dude live streamed his companies hacks for PS2 after making a thread on these forums. you didn't miss anything, it made most of us want to vomit.

SKY, this sucks. I haven't logged in since I saw that stream, and when I do... I'm not getting out of my reaver or lightning. Grunting will never be the same. Everyone is suspect.
  18. Sevorast

While I agree that many just cry 'hacker' whenever they get killed, the problem does exist.

You do not need 'the code' to hack a game, you simply need a basic (or better) understanding of how code works, and how the client interacts with the servers. Creating a hack like the ones seen in the videos below is a very simple process once you have a basic fundamental understanding of the concepts involved.

Here are some videos on youtube of aimbot users in planetside 2. From the perspective of the player using the hack.

I really hope this gets taken care of.
  19. Heruler

ive seen a fair few hackers,
    people teleporting all around me, Max going into stealth , getting shot through walls the list goes on.

Just report anyone you think is hacking, all dev teams hate hackers and pursue them, i just hope their dectection tools are up to standard.
  20. quicKsanD

Looks like this guy has more going on than just aimbot. I hope this gets taken care of as soon as possible. Nothing worse than individuals that feel the need to hack and ruin the experience for everyone.