Keyboard keys not all working ingame!?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by vincent-, Feb 11, 2015.

1. vincent-

This might sound strange but my a and s keys plus a few others are not working and it's only in game desktop is completely fine and I can't for the life of me figure this out.

Does anyone know what this is? I'm using a Logitech g710+ and I know it's not the problem because I tried switching keyboards and that doesn't fix it.
  2. Akashar

Isn't your keyboard in another mode? Have you tried to use alt+shift? It will switch between french and USA type of keyboard.
  3. vincent-

OH DEAR GOD I finally found out the problem so many threads over the web. A program called raptr was causing my keyboard from fully functioning.

Dude you have no idea how many threads I've read and tried.
  4. sjtw_w_stot

I have a Steelseries keyboard and when I have their software running my kb screws up quite often. Randomly all keys will stop responding and my player in the game starts walking backwards. No other keys work, have to reboot and load the game again. It has happened once or twice without their drivers loaded so... not sure what the source of the problem may be... Taking into account PS2's track record, I'm eyeing Sony.
  5. supernauttt

YO IM HAVING the same exact issue as you....made a post a few days ago but nobody responded....its the weirdest problem ever...some keys work but like half dont....the tool tips and stuff say press key [undefined} and stuff like that...and another thing i noticed is if i go to key mapping the mapping like names for stuff arnt even there lol...like my squad chat wont work and if i look in keymapping for it it doesnt even exist...there isnt even an option for it where it should be in the list...same with a ton of other keys.....also if i type into like in game chat tho all the keys work, its like the action settings for the game just vanished or something....so weird...i tried reseting to default, deleteing User.ini deleting the user key mapping file (forget the name) nothing has worked....im ready to uninstall and re-install, also tried file validation...its worked flawlessly for like 2 years for me....very weird
  6. vincent-

Greatest tip I found was going into task Manager and ending any process 3 at a time and turned on a game too see if I still was having problems with my keyboard. As I mention in my early post I found out what it was, it was a software called raptr for amd was causing the problem. At the moment that was my best solution I don't know if you have this on your computer but still try the same trick it might be something that starts up and was patched recently causing this to your keyboard like mine did.
  7. supernauttt

yeah i looked for it i dont have it...i do use nvidia stuff tho....just tried a full re-install of planetside 2 and it didnt work.....uhhh
  8. VictoryJon

This exact thing happened to me since the last update. When I start playing, the keyboard is fine but during battle, I lose left strafe and backwards movement (Keyboard A and S) and everytime I click S, I get a screenshot coming from my RAPTR controller.
    The RAPTR graphic card uses software that can manage the graphics for planetside 2. If I disable the graphics software, my game play is ridiculously slow and the graphics are horrible. I have to have my graphics card active to play.
    This only happened with the last update. Until then, my system played the game fine... so well, I am in the top 50 - 52 on the NC Leaderboard. Until this is fixed, I cannot play... or cannot play well enough to play.
    SONY... Please correct the problem, it's on your end... not mine.
  9. Lord_Mogul

I have running Raptr all time when I play PS2 but have never seen such an issue. So there has to be some sort of configuration issue.
  10. Penguin825

I have the exact same problem. A and S do not work, however holding shift to sprint and then pressing A does work. When i press s, it plays a screenshot sound effect and in my volume mixer it shows that raptr is making these noises. I simply ended the task in task manager to temporarily solve this, however before today it has never happened to me.
  11. JengaTurtle

I'm having a similar problem where A and S only work if I press shift. However when I let up off of either of them it opens the menu as if I pressed esc. It makes the game pretty much unplayable and I have no idea how to fix it. I miss playing!!
  12. SagopaTR