KDR and accu matters.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GSZenith, Oct 31, 2013.

1. GSZenith

now ready for MLG who wants me!?!11!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    KDR matters :rolleyes:

(is /sarcasm tag really needed?)

on a more serious note; did my MLG 360 LA play do anything useful? hell no, was sitting behind the line taking out the easy targets,was the the 0.8 KDR HAs down on the ground that kept running in dumfire the maxs and finally driving away the maxs more useful than yolo420noscopeLA yes.

how about the 1.2 KDR medics keeping rezing everyone allowing both side to survive or the 0.4 engis perma repairing maxs and dying to endless explosion, well without them my MLG farm would have come to a abrupt end forcing me back into my skillbox.

tldr: KDR tells nothing about team work and only if you found a nice spot to pad, or you know had 7 buddies with medic rezing you while you pad ;) oh and sorry about tking you gig, don't strafe in front of me when i pad!
    • Up x 19
  2. Bill Hicks

Sometimes all the teamwork I need from my fellow NC is the ability to kill a spandex warrior on my ****.
  3. Teegeeack

Only 4.09 KDR? Haha, what a noob.
  4. GSZenith

;)
    • Up x 2
  5. ABATTLEDONKEY

:confused:

I dont know what my KDR is. i think its floating around 1.
    • Up x 1
  6. HooWoo

u dun haz enuf swag to get over 4.09 KDR nub

liek 4 moer swag
  7. Campagne

It would still be nice if accuracy mattered though...
  8. RobotNinja

You're totally right. These are the same low BR players being repeatedly spawncamped and killed.

You must have read my guide on Mastering PS2: Secret of the Pros. Spawncamping noobs is covered quite extensively here.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ide-mastering-ps2-secrets-of-the-pros.155885/
  9. TimeyWimey

I'd stil have you on my side when storming a room rather than a kd 1.0 medic.
  10. wolfva

But is the KDR SUPPOSED to say anything about teamwork? Heck, far as I'm concerned it's just a meaningless stat that people with severe low self esteem can boast about to feel better about their mediocre lives. Well, unless they suck at the game to....<LOL>.
    • Up x 3
  11. Dudinatorman

I find it odd how there's no assist count, but they are willing to take every other score to account.
    • Up x 2
  12. Crackulous

Because there is an assist count.
  13. Dudinatorman

Yeap, just now saw it lol
  14. tastyBerryPunch

LIES!!! All lies! KDR is the second most important stat in this game. The first is ofcourse Battle Rank.:eek:
  15. Crackulous

At least with k/d you need to be able to kill well/farm, as easy as it is in the game at its current state. With score per minute, you could just boost that number with in-game membership. Neither of them are feasible methods to determining a player's worth, but at least with k/d, you know how well they can kill/escape death.
  16. Mortucus

i played an engi for the first 6 months my kd ratio sucks *** but i keep the maxis alive wile they do all the killing i repair the tanks that then proceed to run me over the ammo pack i drop then get sniped because im trying to drop the stupid thing

KD means nothing in ps2 points mean nothing in ps2 working with your outfit and playing well means everything

if i wanted a hi kd ratio i will sit in a mozzie with rocket pods and camp spawns fly over troop colems ect ect ect

grab a inf and sit on a hill killing noobs what will it do for my team Nothing

COD IS THAT WAY> SO IS BF4>
    • Up x 3
  17. Kulantan

And now that is the name of spawnrooms forevermore.
    • Up x 1
  18. Phrygen

neither stat is important. What is important is getting the job done. If you are dead, or if you miss, generally you aren't getting the job done. That doesn't meant that you should think twice before dumping rounds of suppressing fire to help your team, or stop shooting at hard to hit targets like aircraft, or shouldn't suicide if you gain an advantage doing so.

Take the stats with a grain of salt, and if you so choose, challenge yourself by monitoring your own stats.
    • Up x 1
  19. MrMurdok

K/D means nothing, just look at that guy from 1945, he had like six million kills but a suicide death, total noob.
    • Up x 2
  20. RobotNinja

A good player can also have terrible SPM for any number of reasons, outfit training, warpgate parties, in-game karaoke contests, idling while forumsiding and so on.