Katanas?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mahou3, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Insignus

I think it'd be interesting for Maxes to have melee weapons, one of which would be a sword.

Mostly because the MAX punch portion of the directive seems really, really silly.

I feel like when I try to get a max punch kill, I'm taking 450 nanites and saying "F- U responsibility to my team, BECAUSE FALCON!!! PAWNCH!!!!!"

As I've posted previously:

VS would get a plasma whip that would have a pretty decent range, but would have an ammo counter to it that is non-reloadable

NC would get a sword (Some form of gauss technology like magnetically suspended monofilaments, because MAGIC) That would look pretty cool with their shields, but would have an equip timer and an audible whine to it, but would likely be the best CQB melee weapon.

TR would get either a big hammer or a spear (Think combi-spear from the Predator movies). The spear would be capable of damaging vehicles only based on relative velocities (Think setting a pike against a charging horse). This would make it less of an anti-max weapon and more of a "Be careful trying to run over the MAX" type weapon.

EDIT: Because silliness, I thought I'd more accurately sum up my feelings on the MAX Punch portion (Having recently gotten dual gorgon maxes, and thus now having a reason to care about the MAX directive.

Currently the MAX melee portion of the directive feels like this:

When really ought to feel like 0:53 of this:

Note: I'm not really an anime person in that way, so spare me your hate-sauce, all I know is, when Captain Hotdog tells Ryu Suck that only he who exceeds Captain Falcon can become Captain Falcon, I felt that the translator wanted me to be super inspired. Awesome visuals tho!
  2. JKomm

I want a Warhammer on my NC MAX, combine that with the Aegis Shield and I'd go full Centurion mode.
  3. Shadowomega

Either you forgot my post or missed the part those were max melee weapons. VS had the dual blade swords, NC had the Hammer, TR had the Spiked Knuckles.
  4. FriendlyPS4

PS1 had katanas. I would be all for PS2 having katanas as well, as long as their are new cloaker counters as well.
  5. JKomm

I'm fully aware those are in the PTS files, but obviously never been implemented, I'm just saying that I want them to be added sooner rather than later.
  6. Newlife1025

This isint overwatch. Id rather have longer knifing range. Ive tried knifing targets, but was just a bit off even though i was close enough to blow on his neck. Id advocate for longer knifing range 10 times over than katanas.