K2k4's first legit sniping video

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by K2k4, Mar 22, 2014.

1. K2k4

This is my first real vid upload. I did not have a great deal of footage to work with but I'd like to know what other people think. Suggestions on play style are welcome and suggestions on video editing would really help. I don't know if I'll be getting into this so I'm skiddish about paying money on video editing and my graphics card does not support shadowplay ( :-( ) so I've been using the windows movie maker as my software.

P.S. thank you to anybody who actually watches the whole thing.
    • Up x 3
  2. Robertooooo

Take more time to aim. It was a bit frustrating to see you miss out on a lot of kills because you were a bit to trigger happy :D
  3. K2k4

Thanks. I've noticed that I usually start out with lots of kills (first life of the video) but then my play degenerates to missing nearly every shot (the blip near the end). I lose patience and the discipline goes away.
  4. ZeroErrorz

try looking into mustarde channel, imo he is the best sniper and infantry player in matherson (a very bad pilot thought)
  5. Canno

Need to work on your leading of targets - no where near enough lead for the distance most of your targets were running at. Pretty much all of the running target shots I knew were misses just from that.

With such a target rich environment at the start there was really little need to move in closer, plenty of gophers were popping their head up to shoot. Moving in you lost some advantage. Ducking behind the bank let the enemy close in on you without really improving the targets you had on the hill. Only thing I could see is maybe trying to get a little elevation to get a better angle on turret engies. One way to really help out there, too, is to look at flanking and causing some confusion that way. Without knowing the battlefield, just what's in the vid, there's some good hills on the right as you look out. On the left there was some tanks and a sundy so that's probably out.

Keep in mind if you can keep a side clear or get 2 people looking for you that's giving your side an advantage. People dump on snipers as not having value but that's because they don't understand what we're doing, or at least what a good one is doing. Softening up the defences and denying areas. Let's face it, most players will get tired of getting their head popped off just by walking in to an area whether they get rezzed or not.

Later on when you were excited to see so many targets that you kept missing is a nice example of flanking. That group is worried about everything on the other side of the rock, not you to their side. Shoot them enough times and they either have to come after you and get shredded or stop accepting rezzes to respawn there. Also in that situation fire a dart in the general area. Some cheap exps but also lets everyone know what's behind the rock.

Then again what the hell do I know? :)
  6. K2k4

Fair enough, I do need to learn to lead targets better. I will say a lot of my issues stem from trying to get the quick scoped shots when I should be more calculating.

I find longer ranges to be more difficult on my eyes. Thus the moving forward even when it was unnecessary. The ridge thing I did could have yielded some good kills but I failed to notice the rush coming up south of my position. If I had seen it I probably would have chosen a different path or lain low.

The huge flanking thing near the end was partly because I got too excited, and also partly because at that time my aim was already almost completely shot. Also I'm pretty sure some of my targets had the immunity bug, as several obvious hits resulted in little or no damage, but I could be wrong of course. I suffer from awful depth perception both in game and IRL.

Thank you for the feedback.
    • Up x 1