K/D All servers all factions.(repost from reddit).

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDN_Wolvie

You do realize all your anecdotal evidence is already accounted for in the average, correct? Every good and bad play is already accounted for but you'd know that if you had read my post, I even tracked down visual aids and its just above your posts that boil down to yet another tired, unfounded L2P argument against an entire faction as a means of using ad hominem.

It doesn't matter if your own stats are awesome, the person you are arguing against has good or bad stats ... those all went into the data set the average was calculated from. You're arguing just single points on the graph, just a tiny lil'blip, while the rest of us are pointing at the ENTIRE GRAPH by way of the middle high points for comparison, all the players experiences (yeah, even that one you just thought of), that has happened in the game thus far.

This also impacts trying to pull up Posse's stats to use as an example to show him that the game is imbalanced across an entire faction, no need really, those stats are already included too. If he wants to try to bring the NC average up, I say let him trod that well worn path and let him learn the hard way just how much the much impact many little short and a few big short comings have across an entire faction on his chances of finding a Outfit that surviving let alone thriving or that any medics nearby live long enough to revive him or the length of time his vehicles last thus impacting the scene. We did what we could to try to warn people off the sink hole that is the NC, mean while we'll be over on the VS or TR gaining certs more easily from the NC, one of which may be him if he isn't camping the horrible spawn room base mechanic *shrugs*
    • Up x 3
  2. Posse

You do realize that average includes ALL kills and deaths since the launch of the game, with a TON of balance patches in the middle, and thus, is worthless when talking about CURRENT balance correct?

The anecdotal evidence isn't trying to prove anything, the message I want to send with that anecdotal evidence is that your skill matters much more than whatever faction imbalances exist in the game, of course what matters to decide on faction imbalances are the entire faction global KDR averages (having the median would also help btw), but that data will only be useful if presented from the last balance patch to this day.

The only thing that the stats presented in the first post can tell with accuracy is that, on average, across this whole year, the NC have been underpowered, I don't deny that, but that can include patches where it was overpowered and patches where it was underpowered, those stats don't say which patches were OP and which patches were UP.

Next, if you get that data from the current patch and it gives the same numbers, yes, the NC would be UP, so what? It doesn't tell you what's causing that situation (though the average NC will probably ask for buffs for everything, lol).
  3. grazr

I realise this was said with a tone of satire, but i actually have to agree quite seriously.

There's a certain irony to be had when you're being told to "L2P" by factions with aim assistances and population based DPS buffs. The NC are being forced to up their game in order to compensate for the poor equipment. Why else would stats demonstrate higher base captures and headshots, whilst being farmed for kills by AV with splash to make a Titan-150 green, AI that kills ESF, or short range AV miniguns that can snipe infantry off a grassy knoll.

L2P indeed. NC just don't have the weapon versatility to allow them to crowd control with their faction specific or even default weapons. It's easy to tell someone to L2P when your vehicles have only one weakness like an ESF, but whose weapons are strong against so many types of threats.
    • Up x 3
  4. Goretzu

In an ideal balance world there'd be a mix across servers, but that isn't what is occuring. Much like with the WDS.

However it's not so much "who is in third place" so much as, "why is it always the NC there (or there abouts) across all servers?" :confused:
    • Up x 3
  5. whitupiggu

Guess what. VS don't use the lancer either. "That's not bad. This is bad!" isn't going to get you any pity here. Still funny you think the lancer is worse than the phoenix despite outperforming it at their intended role.
    • Up x 2
  6. axiom537

Maybe SOE will, tweak how K/D is calculated, just like they tweaked how the scores for the WDS are calculated, in order to mask the obvious faction imbalance.
    • Up x 1
  7. gnometheft

In this thread: TR/VS realize NC is about to be buffed and try to whine to keep farming them.
    • Up x 1
  8. Lividicus!

So................

The OP found data from over a years worth of gameplay, and can now "prove" that the NC is UP?

I play TR and NC, I refuse to play VS due to the obvious an blatant overpopulation and overpowered weaponry. But that's neither here, nor there. The point is, I'm not just another NC hater that wants NC to always be crippled. But in my experience, the NC's weapons require a little more knowledge on how to operate than the TR's pray and spray weapons. Honestly, I would swap to the NC if it wasn't for their community being trash on my server and the fact that I despise shotguns. The SAW is a weapon gifted from the Lord. It handles so smoothly and shoots amazingly accurate, whilst having high dmg per bullet. In other words, the SAW requires a more accurate touch and less holding the trigger down and hoping for the best. Most of their weapons have lower ROF but higher DPB (damage per bullet, yeah, I made it up, what of it?). Thus, they require more accuracy to be effective, as opposed to the VS and TR weapons that generally have higher ROF but lower DPB. I really hate saying "l2p", because at one point, all of us were rookies trying to scrounge for a kdr over 1. But the fact is, NC have weapons that require more player awareness and accuracy. While this sounds easy to overcome, it simply isn't for new players, and the data the OP brought to light should include new players, yes?

I also am of the mindset that player psyche has a lot to do with faction favoritism and faction choosing. On Connery, I log on an NC character and see 2 total platoons across all continents. I can then log off and get on the TR side, only to find that there's 2-3 Platoons each continent! I have noticed that NC players enjoy getting stuff done solo. Which is fine, nothing wrong with it. But group play drastically increases your chance of survival, and would reflect a higher KDR overall. It's simply the type of players that faction attracts. Just like me, I'll admit I'm stubborn, and sometimes closed minded. But I will NEVER in a million years play a VS character. Not everyone is like me, some people wouldn't in a million years play TR, or NC. Point is, we all have preference and it's obvious that certain factions have certain personality type players.

Bottom line, I personally think the NC are in a decent spot. They need some max adjustments and other things. But what I constantly hear from NC is "Buff the NC across the board!" And that's total BS. Simply put, the devs have to walk a VERY fine line with balancing the NC. If they gave in to your demands it would be chaos, 4th faction would swap, and the elite players would wipe entire platoons solo. Right now, the elite NC players are among the best in game. I, for one, love the reaver over any other because of the vertical thrust; which any (good) pilot would tell you is a game changer! If they buff the NC across the board, the elite from the NC would dominate entire continents. As of right now, on Connery, the TR and NC have GREAT BATTLES, long, close, intense battles! If they buff the NC it would be a slaughter.

Those of you with the mindset "Buff the NC across the board" need to evaluate how you're using your weapons.
    Those of you with the mindset "we just need buffed here and there" should make an adequate, debatable list of the problems so they can be addressed. Sitting on the forums crying "NC are UP, this data from a year ago proves it!" is a little bit pathetic. I'm sure some weapons need rebalanced, but that's how it is on every Faction. I.E. How often do you see a TR max use Pounders? Those soda can launchers are useless, and need rebalanced. Man up and debate the issue with CURRENT DATA, not data from a year ago. And at least be honest enough to say "we don't need buffs everywhere, just here, and there" because every one of the NC UP threads are backed by bad data and have no suggestions for what is imbalanced (with the exception of the aegis, we know you hate it, I'd trade for lock-down any day of the week though, don't see me complaining....)

Not trying to be a "elitist troll", but the NC really need to tone down the "EVERY WEAPON WE HAVE IS WORSE THAN THEIRS!!!!" Because it simply is not true....
    • Up x 2
  9. Posse

I actually think they're both good weapons, in fact, when everyone was crying that the Lancer was bad, I was one of the few that kept saying that it's a good weapon, maybe that's the difference between me and all those whiners here, it seems that famous phrase "VS won't use anything unless it's OP" actually applies to every faction ;)
  10. Hasteras

Interesting. I think the bloom is the worst part about NC weapons. Recoil for NC is mostly very manageable but the bloom forces you to burst fire when operating at long range where the NC are supposed to have the advantage. Bursting means decreased DPS and increased TTKs. There's a sweet spot which I think is somewhere in the 40-60m range (just a guess, might be a smaller range) where I feel 200 damage per shot weapons give me a clear advantage, but on either side of that window (whatever it is exactly) the advantage drops off quickly.

The bloom also makes NC weapons terrible from hipfire. Reducing bloom and increasing hipfire accuracy would help a lot of NC weapons quite a bit in the flexibility department.

I think what would be more useful than faction wide KDRs would be a list of KDR for all weapons in the last three months.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

That probably makes it worse tbh, as it contains the data from the first Live version of the NC AI MAX.
    • Up x 4
  12. Posse

Maybe yes, maybe not, but still, global numbers from the beginning are worthless.
  13. supernauttt

yes it is fair but acting like it is a MAJOR part of the problem with NC is totally ignorant and i think its been discussed and enough information has been provided to support why im right, period.
  14. supernauttt

yea the only hard numbers we can get our hands on should be discarded....
  15. supernauttt

also ok I was attracted to NC cus one of my favorite colors is blue, and I like rebels and everything about them, and the supposed "traits" NC are supposed to have....i say supposed cuz everyone knows they arnt up to snuff in terms of VS or TR traits...in most cases not all...i think mbt's for example are perfectly balanced right now...and im 22 year old engineering student, with much better than average IQ, reaction speed, and overall gaming ability in games like PS2....not saying im the best or anything like that cuz im not, but better than most definitely.

so with that in mind everyone attracted to the NC for ascetic/ lore reasons must be....better than average?! WOW now with this hard definitive evidence we can clearly see that the NC being mostly better than average is severely crippled if we still come out on the bottom of every recorded statistic and event!

thanks for clearing that up...

im not bashing you either by the way as you said yourself in the second part u chose VS just cuz u thought they were cool same with me and im guessing same with MOST players....i am however bashing the people who continue to use this to say the people who pick NC are somehow inferior gamers for whatever absurd reasoning.
    • Up x 1
  16. Posse

If they're biased they're useless, it doesn't matter if they're the only numbers we have or not.
  17. SocratesEverywhere

Proves nothing, unfortunately.

If K/D were only affected by weapons, you might have a case. But it is affected by revives. If NC is underpopulated on all servers, could that not also mean less Medics per hex? (It might not. We have no way of knowing the percentage of NC who play Medic and the percentage of time they play it.)
  18. Xale

Depends on the queried stats. Not all adjust for revives, and I believe DA utilises the non-adjusted stat.
  19. gnometheft

bump for great justice
  20. Flashtirade

What or where is the bias with these numbers? If they go back all the way to launch, then that means they cover all of the farming ever done: HE-spamming pillbox spawns (TR was the best at this, but everyone did it), Liberator/skillpods groundr*ping (done by all), Magrider dominance and successive nerfs (and then buffs), NC MAX dominance and successive nerfs, Phoenix-sniping (ended within 2 days), the release of the Harasser Terrorizer, and so much more.

What the end result is that all the factions should be around the same k/ds with acceptable variance, but they're not.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.