Just your regular miller alert

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by felkuros, Aug 7, 2022.

1. felkuros

[IMG]
    Seems to be getting worse and worse.
    • Up x 3
  2. Liewec123

And did VS win?
  3. felkuros

[IMG]
    Nah ofcourse not
  4. BlackFox

That's the usual view of Oshur everytime the continent is on as well, VS and TR rarely fight each other because the NC has everybody warpgated
  5. TetholinTR

[IMG]

More of the same. The situation is just getting worse because more and more people would just rather be on the winning side, so are swapping to NC. Can't really blame them when NC has such strong weaponry with little to no downside, but hey-ho.
  6. JibbaJabba

LOL. C'mon Liewec. Why you so mad at VS these days man :p
  7. JibbaJabba

My guess isn't that people are switching but that people are simply dropping from TR/VS and not coming back.

Don't tell Liewec about NC weapons
  8. TetholinTR

The general consensus in /yell during all this was from a few NC players that had swapped that the grass really was greener on the other side. That being said, pure anecdotes, but thats been the prevailing consensus so far. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Millers in a really rough spot right now pop wise.
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

Firstly I was joking around a little bit,
    But this looks like typical outside-of-primetime gameplay when there is no forced population balancing.
    Ofcourse when half of the players are on NC, NC are going to own a large portion of the map.

But why do I hate VS? I thought it was quite clear in the other thread, I hate them because they are just too easy and have some blatantly OP crap which never gets nerfed allowing them to stomp primetime alerts (which should be the fun balanced time.)
    And it's not just these days, it's been this way for years, fighting VS at primetime once populations have been balanced and faction imbalance comes in to effect feels like a god damn chore,
    and a pointless one at that since they inevitably win anyway...

Should population be balanced outside of primetime to prevent massive overpop from dominating? Sure.
    But VS should also be balanced to stop them easily dominating primetime alerts once the pops become balanced.

there are only 2 servers where NC are dominating out-of-hours alerts due to overpop (compared to VS 3).
    however VS are dominating ALL servers at primetime, with 3/5 of those being by a very large margin.
  10. BlackFox

VS and TR also rather fight each other than playing with the NC on Miller for several reasons:

- NC just plays every META, from A2G spam to a 90% infiltrator population in battles
    - They kill every fight right at the beginning by massive spawn camping before the previous base even is captured
    - Their guns just mow down VS and TR in direct firefights

They get ignored like the rude child in school until there is no other way to avoid them anymore.
    • Up x 2
  11. ZeroVeroes

I agree, i'm from Emerald USA East and the NC outright dominate during prime time and off time. Vanu only really wins when they have the SKL outfit leading vanu. TR rarely if ever wins. Not only that but the playerbase of Emerald actively avoid the NC letting them just take land freely without competing for it. The TR and VS even get warp gated by NC throughout the day because its not fun. Then the NC get upset because no one is playing and try to hijack what ever big fight that is going on between TR and Vanu. Which they do and win, and it breaks apart the fight and people start logging off or waiting for the NC to focus down one faction while the one not being focused down claims some land back.

There is a lot of hatred and toxicity towards NC on Emerald. I also noticed as a NSO when fighting vanu or TR my chances are ok, but as soon as I fight the NC with NSO weapons i'm just destroyed repeatedly. So who ever i'm mercing for i tend to avoid NC.
  12. RabidIBM

I can't speak for other servers, but it looks like on Connery every outfit which is serious about winning is playing NC. Even long time TR and VS players are swapping over to NC for the competitive play. It's only a handful of more casual outfits who just want to play The Nexus as their actual outfit and characters etc who are entering as TR or VS. If other servers are the same and every finals is NC vs NC it might make for some interesting balance conversations.
  13. ZeroVeroes

Sadly things don't tend to change for the better until its flat out right in front of the faces of people who have the power to make change, and it is so undeniable that they are forced to take action. So NC will never get nerfs / blanket nerfs and people wont believe they need nerfs until the proof is there and there is nothing they can do to deny it.
  14. Epitaph-DE-

Iam back in game for a couple of days now and my observation for the Alerts(CET ~ 12:00 - 24:00) is..
    Iff NC is not overpoping (most in the time before 17:00) , TR dominate the map before the alert start while all fighting each other.. and just when the alert start, VS and NC stop to fight each other (beside some little fights with 12-24 max players on the whole map) and focus on TR and push them back so TR looses.
    check https://ps2alerts.com/ for proof in the told time, there is barley a alert won by TR..
    There you can also see that VS focus on TR with ~70% of the attacks and NC a little more even but still focus on TR.

Outside the Prime-time when the big Outfits are not complete and more of random groups are around it looks like TR wins more.
    To me it looks like TR has way more casual players than VS/NC witch is seen in how they defend/attack .. its always uncoordinated and the team-play is.. lets say it nice.. BAD.. when i played VS or NC there where WAY.. WAAAAY more team-play and help..
    For me there is no over/under Performing faction all got its pros and cons in the weapons and tools and iff you use them right and your opponent not, then you win..

Btw on Miller