Just say no to trees

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HerpTheDerp, Jul 16, 2013.

1. HerpTheDerp

Esamir is getting trees.

Even though the continent is supposed to "provide little cover from airborne threats", even though the very word for "Tundra" in the Sami language means "treeless mountain tract" now we're getting ******* trees in a Tundra/polar mix climate.

Why? So LAs can have something to jump on?

LAs can get the **** off to Amerish.
  2. VSDerp

LAs jump on tree than i snipe them.
    • Up x 3
  3. RasFW

Whole lot of Derp in this thread...
    • Up x 19
  4. FIN Faravid

Don`t be fool, they are not going to cover entire map with trees, they just add trees somewhere to create more diversity and better look
    • Up x 1
  5. KenDelta

You see without "trees" you basically can't advance to any area if it's +48v+48 unless your faction has the most tanks that would just snipe and farm for hours , because the "NoManLand" fights in esamir are plain , High ground = win and most tanks = insta win.
    • Up x 3
  6. LowTechKiller

They're pretty, and I want to hug them all.
    • Up x 8
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

i like them trees, and i am no hippie!
  8. VSDerp

what you trying to say?:cool:
    • Up x 2
  9. PutteFnask

Make destructible trees then! Let LA jump all over those trees while I chop them down.

/offtopic Sadly the current engine doesnt support the same ingame destruction as all its competitors. Worrying about how to rebuild them? Just let that happen once the base switches owner.
  10. Benton!

I like them. SoE should put lights on them at christmas time.
    • Up x 8
  11. PutteFnask

Like in EQ2 lol
  12. ent|ty

So stupid. Just anotehr nail in the coffin. If I see that , I will definitely uninstall and not look back.
    Everything I liked about my beloved Esamir, the reason why I paid for the game with a sub, has been changed.
    i want my money back.

So what? I do fine against tanks and air, and I'm 99% of the time boots on the ground. there is more than enough cover, if you know how to work it
  13. Pikachu

[IMG]

I just think the trees could look more spacey. These ones looks almost identical to regular spruces. Space spruces. Gives us new different trees. :)
  14. Benton!

Are you being serious? Im not sure...
    • Up x 5
  15. PS2Freak

Yes, Trees, I love them! Wonderful, beautiful Trees. and Lattice.
    • Up x 3
  16. ent|ty

Yes I am.
    Esamir has been my home, because it was usually away from the Zerg on Indar, had less lag because of less players, but still had some good battles. pre ghostcap nerf you could go anywhere. you could spawn at a base under attack and save it.. etc.
    So yeah. i'm serious.
  17. Benton!

Tree's add cover in bases. This is your big problem? More cover?

Sigh.
    • Up x 2
  18. Kunavi

I have the same thoughts on 48+ on all sides, and on MBT spams. Some sort of cover would be good.
  19. HerpTheDerp

You create diversity by making three diverse continents, not three equally diverse continents.

This will turn Esamir into a white-colored Indar.
    • Up x 1
  20. ComradeHavoc

Seems this young whelp has never heard of a game called PS1, where Esamir had trees.
    • Up x 2