Just logged out.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jubikus, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Jubikus

Logged in got into the alert fought against Vanu to try and protect tech plant 64% vanue 36% us you can guess how it went. Then after the redeploy i was like wheres our allys were winning the alert we need to defend.
    [IMG]

Both NC fronts were 50/50 but all the Vanu fronts were 60+% and why because theres sooo damn many Vanu they had 42% server pop in addition to the 45% in the alert does everyone play Vanu now? why? Normally i wouldnt even care but ive gotten bored of farming from the spawn room.

I know alot of people are just going to call me a whiner and i am a bit but i doubt im the only one that logs in sees a completely 1 sided alert and just goes screw this im going to play (insert random game here) and i doubt thats good for anyone except whoever has majority pop im sure they really have fun going from base to base just sitting around for certs because the only people there fighting them are the 5 sitting in the spawn room waiting for you to stick your head into LOS.
  2. 0fly0

Why? because people making a thread on the forum for crying about VS being op every day, they actualy start believe it's true and go play VS, no need to blame us for that too...
    • Up x 2
  3. stalkish

I can agree with this.
    Although not sure how many new players check the forums before making a character, my guess would be its pretty low.
    Whether people subsequently migrate to VS after reading 'VS OP' drivel tho i dont know, again my guess would be its a pretty low number, and probably offset by players like me who prefer NC / TR weapons over the VS ones.

But the general FOTM consensus will defo help to bolster the numbers on an empire, we're just yet to see it swing back from VS. (on that server anyways)
  4. breeje

as a infiltrator
    the enemy over pop is a blessing for me
    yes i lose the alert but i grab dubble/triple the xp than what the alert can maximum give me
    and this is not from the spawn room :rolleyes:
  5. stalkish

Absolutely!
    I joined a fight yesterday on Miller. It was an Esamir fight, VS dominated with more than 50% pop (there was a fight on Indar aswel where most TR and NC were). NC and TR had about 21% pop each on Esamir (global was relatively even).
    I scored 250+ certs in 20 minutes, not to shabby for me :).

The action is also pretty much always around your warpgate when overpopped, which makes bringing an MBT / lib / gal / lightning / whatever very easy.
  6. 0fly0

For a moment it was the same on cobalt, people reroll vanu, VS was able to keep the higher pop for a moment and after that they move back to play NC, i guess they realize VS is not so op after all or maybe they expectrd having huge killstreak with orion and it didn't happen.
  7. MasterOhh

@ OP
    Was that on Emerald? The only alert that fits your picture was on Emerald some minutes ago. You should have waited with your rage quit dude. The VANU population dominance lasted only until shortly after you took the screenshot. TR managed to win that alert by holding the techplant and ghostchapping a good chunk on NC territory.
    According to ps2alerts.com there was hardly any NC resistance at the NC/TR front, while there was quite a lot caps and recaps going on between NC and VS.

You should be aware that there are some means to fact check QQ whines.

http://ps2alerts.com/alert/11823
  8. Steza

Maybe we should start a mass TR are OP forum and see how many switch over lol. Seriously though it's not that bad I find vanu a lot easier to fit in my scope then confused NC, they're so adorable jumping and shooting in random directions when I miss I just can't stop laughing.
  9. Wings of Freedom

Things are always hard :'(
  10. Jubikus

Yeah im aware theres a huge difference between player experience and actual statistics (Vulcan OP would be an example) but you have to admit sure things turned around but when you hop on see that the alerts is almost half over and the disparity is that much what are the odds your going to win and even if you know you can win will what you have to do to win be very fun? Personally i dont like suicide rushing 2-1 pop fights just to slow enemy advance just because if you dont you will lose the alert.

I also wish there would be less Vanu OP threads im pretty sure most players that have played all 3 factions a fair amount would agree that NC have the most well rounded arsinal yet this stigma that VS Op still has people heading over there to see what its all about.

In the end other games have solved the pop issue with timed events a very long time ago anyone who played WoW in Wrath of the lich king knows that Wintergrasp used to have this exact same problem how did they fix it well they had a 5 player disparity put in place basically the event starts and 1 faction is only allowed to have 5 more players than another untill more players join the side with less people. Planetside 2 devs could learn from what another game solved over 5 years ago
    • Up x 1
  11. Wings of Freedom

Yeah I wish they fix that too T_T
  12. MasterOhh

And how would they fix this? By kicking all players from a continent when an alert starts? Prime Time alerts are allmost allways 33/33/33, because there are enough ppl on the server to fill all the slots.

Whiny posts about a certain overpop allways show screenshots from off peek hours as prove, where you have barely enough players on a server to populate one continent. And since the pop is only shown in % everybody goes crazy about those numbers.
    The vanu overpop on emerald our Jubikus had to endure lasted for excatly 90minutes (290 VS / 210 NC / 165 TR) during the ghost hours. The "OMG everybody joins the ezmode VS !!!!11111oneeleven" problem exists only in your imagination. Everybody has access to the correct numbers.
    Why no QQ about the NC overpop every f*cking day during prime time?
  13. Nogrim313

as the first guy said you all whine about how OP everything vanu is, then what the ******* hell do you expect?

don't even get me started on how ******* awful command chat on NC/TR usually is. the reason you guys are underpop is people are sick of you (not you specifically) they get sick of the failtard whining that a faction is overpowered and blaming that for their utter lack of coordination or team play. so eventually they say **** it we go join purple so we can enjoy playing the game...

which blows for us Vanu who now end up over pop and bored out of our minds
  14. Wings of Freedom

As my signiture shows NC wants to join Vanu now .-.
  15. Liewec123

i cant imagine having fun zerging like some of the current VS outfits do, on the nights i play each week i play all 3 factions and avoid the zerg, camping a spawn room is so dam boring.
  16. Fatal_Finn

At least I joined TR mainly because on forums someone said TR needs more numbers. I was completely new to the game so I just joined TR without even thinking the situation might be different on every server :p (Ofc I checked the "faction traits" as well and thought high rof sounds kinda cool).

So if someone totally new sees all the threads shouting "VS wins every time" I wouldn't wonder if he/she joins VS.
  17. Wings of Freedom

That signature ! awesome seems Vanu also invented Break-Dancing lol
  18. Hatesphere

this is not wow, that will not work. people are not prompted to go an join a timed event, they are dropped on us like bombs with little warning. Alerts at the moment are mostly self correcting. during prime time the continent cap sorts it all out and we sit even at 33% almost every time. limiting populations on alerts in this way would simply alienate players even more. " its three in the morning sorry, your one squad member cant get into this empty continent with you" Alerts in ps2 tend to cause a large chunk of the server to migrate and you will be left to play with yourself in a ghost land during off hours, or just make many people log off altogether.

furthermore wow has a little something called PvE content, all the players that got locked out of wintergrasp have a lot more that they can do other then play wintergrasp.

what really needs to happen, is they need to remove the stupid percentage display of total continent population, all it does is confuse people who know nothing about how it works.
  19. Villanuk

Thats been the case with every faction, its a cycle of Ps2 and sure as god made little apples, nerfs followed.
  20. CorporationUSA

I know on Emerald, people will be fighting on Indar if it's open, even if the alert is somewhere else. And Hossin gets ghost capped constantly.