[Suggestion] Just a crazy idea

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angel Devoid, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Angel Devoid

Anyone else think that having a new class such as a reporter to play as would be cool?
    For example to be able to record an epic battle without fear of getting dead and missing some action.
    In my `opinion` it would be sweet to have an avatar you can play as that cant get killed and cant do anything to affect a battle thats taking place. This would enable this player to film a battle taking place and as such report on things that has happened during the fight like all those weird things tht happen and all the epic tactics that some players employ. This would make nice use of the live streaming thats included in the game. I know that theres alot of reasons why this wouldent and would be a nice feature one conn of this feature that im sure some players are already thinking is that this "news reporter" could act like a spy... players will just make a new character on the oposing team if they wish to spy. But i dont really care about the politics i just think it could be cool to have a reporter style character.

Comments?...opinions?.. and of course flamers flame away troll ya little hearts out if you must.
    ADEVOID
    • Up x 1
  2. Jacale

Sounds like a giant waste of coding to me.
  3. Angel Devoid

True but it woukd fit in with the mmo side to the game and make a nice extra use of the ingame video recording rather then having videos of players filming them selfs frag whoreing.
  4. TartarusMkII

5. ErrantPilot34

-Equip Infiltrator
    -Put on 12x scope to rifle of your choice
    -Sit FAR back and scope at the action
    -Bam, you got yourself a 'reporter' class...
    • Up x 1
  6. Angel Devoid

So basically , too much work , cant be arsed . Good job everyone dont have that attitude. Shall we try land on the moon? Nah too much effort . lets do it anyway and beat the Russians
  7. Yuzral

It's an interesting idea, but I can't help but think that everyone would very quickly equate 'reporter' with 'spy' and shoot on sight. Because, let's face it, they'd be right.
  8. Angel Devoid

Nice idea havent tried it yet only think is you will hve the scope over the video unless turning the hud off removes the scope. Does it? Never tried .
  9. ErrantPilot34

The most a scope is is just a crosshair, not really in the way of viewing the battlefield...
  10. Angel Devoid

As i said
    In my original post players can just make an alt char on the oposing team of thier choice if they wish to spy theydont need to use a new class to do this dude.
  11. TheBloodEagle

Ctrl+F10 removes the GUI completely & cross hairs.

(I think it's that one, can't remember atm)
    • Up x 1
  12. Angel Devoid

True but wouldent you be annoyed if all the news ontv had a scope overlay
  13. Angel Devoid

Thanks for the constructive feedback dude.
  14. ErrantPilot34

No, I'd know the soldier filming it had some badass camera which could get high resolution footage using his scope as a lens...that and it 'puts you into the battlefield' with my explanation you're still a combatant you'll (the audience consequently) will get shot at...
  15. TheBloodEagle

My Youtube channel I started up to do exactly what you wrote about. Report about the War.
    I've been slacking due to other work though.
  16. Angel Devoid

So you can see where im comming from , not that i expect this to come to pass, its just a fun idea my brain farted out. You must have been in a situation when you was filming a battle and got wasted for your efforts. Would be nice to sit right in the middle of a battle and just film while wondering around, or follow someone who is kicking *** without fear of getting gunned down. Just like in other game that have a spectator option.
  17. Skadi

Sounds like a GREAT way to spy on enamys.
  18. Angel Devoid

Read all of the thread dude to spy just make a new char on the team of your choice a new reporter class would not be the start of spying
  19. Angel Devoid

Old Post but just needed to point out that they added this feature now but I won't get to use it :( need to have followers. But hey I had the idea in 2012 some cudos for that
  20. iller

Reporter? Not really... Volunteer deputy-MOD that 2nd-person records all these exploiters, lagswitchers, and BOT users?

HELL YEAH. Worth the (little bit) of actual coding time!
    • Up x 1