Jump Jets Comparison Level 3-6

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Paqu, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Paqu

Ok, there is more than enough discussion about this matter and even some videos. I had some certs to burn and not really anything important to spend them on so I decided to put them on JJ's since I play LA most of the time anyway. Just to see the difference with my own eyes and record another proof about them since you can only do this once. I made sure to re-equip it after each purchase as you can see on the video and did several jumps with each level just to be absolutely certain on the result. And also waited few seconds after the fuel meter was fully recharged just to be sure it really was full.

My conclusion. Level 3-5 makes absolutely NO DIFFERENCE. Its possible that level 2 and 5 has no difference either, but I didn't had possibility to test level 2. I didn't stopwatch the recharge time, but seems the same or the difference is very small. You can stopwatch it from the video if you want.

However level 6 did make a small difference on the height, but still is it really worth putting 700-750 certs on it if you have anything else that is even semi-important to unlock? Nope, absolutely not. So if you really love the Jump Jets and want to make it bit better you really need to go straight to level 6.

Here is the video so you can see it for yourselfs.

• Up x 2
  2. windexglow

3. Novmiech

whats sad is that people have been complaining about this since beta - and we have gotten nothing in response, not a "whoops we are working on it" not a "dont care, working as intended". Nada.
  4. Skadi

I want icarus jump jets back :(
  5. Paqu

6. Achmed20

sadly nothing new.
    what i dont get, they finaly manage to get rid of the JJ stop working bug but they still failed to fix the lvls themselfs?
  7. biterwylie

Good work - thanks for a nice clear video.

Biter
  8. Badname707

Strange, I have level 4 jump jets and my more nubly friends have trouble getting to where I'm going sometimes. Good video though, I wonder what the deal is...
  9. haniblecter

Imgoing to retract my monkey calling, that seemed clear enogh I guess.
  10. Vertabrae

I just got JJ 4 and I notice a fair bit of difference, going to work on JJ 5 today.
  11. fish998

Wow, that's a lot of certs I wasted.
  12. Zazen

I saw basically the same thing, the difference between 3,4 & 5 is zero as far as I could tell. Level 6 however, is a different story. There's a pretty significant bump at the last tier.
  13. Nulgaoh

alot of broke in the game. ----loads of broke. under barrel grenade launcher, broke. adrenaline pump suit sprint thingy, broke.

Nice to be able to spend money in what should still be in beta.
  14. nella

I certed 4, 5 and 6 today. Same experience here, 4 and 5 did nothing. It's funny how these things can go unpatched for so long.
  15. JPRampage

What I've noticed is that level 6 gave me a bit more capacity, but the recharge has stayed pretty much consistent. Also, weird thing about the recharge, is that ~4 bars recharge and then it pauses for a second and then starts again. So it seems level 6 capacity upgrade works but the recharge rate is broken.
  16. metrotw

level 6 jets are gimped and need to be fixed. for the cert cost they are lackluster.
  17. PaperPlanes

I have level 6 JJs and they are amazing. I can get to places I used to never be able to get to. I can hover over tanks for C4 drops noticeably longer. I can go longer horizontal distances and cover more ground. The recharge rate is very good for when you're "bouncing" while moving horizontally.

After using level 6 JJs for a while, I decided to screw around on LA as my NC alt, who is about level 5. Going back to the stock JJs felt like crap. Level 6 JJs is definitely worth it if you play a lot of LA. If you are concerned about getting certs, just do what most people do and be a medic or engineer at a big crown fight. Or anti-infantry MAX if you're defending the crown, you wrack up stupid amounts of kills near the spawn room from all the people trying to push up. Combine it with boosts and a subscription and you should never have a shortage of certs.
  18. Trenyt

What makes me laugh is that the change in fuel capacity is an 8% linear incremental total. So logically there should be a linear increase on height gained. However it seems that they don't even register the capacity or something else is seriously wrong. I'm saving up for Rank 6 at the moment, but the fact that I've been on Rank 5 for months and not seen any improvement is really gnawing at me.
  19. Paqu

Well now that I have been messing around with the level 6 more or less I would say its ok and helps, but I wouldn't use the word amazing. I still think its not worth 800 certs and level 2 will give you almost the same experience.

If you have 800-1000 certs to spare its much better to invest it in drifter jet or any other stuff which really makes more noticeable difference.
  20. vaxx

I feel the same. I still wonder if they are bugged. Descirption vs Actual performance is way off.