Jump Jet Upgrades still broken?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Varamis, Dec 4, 2012.

1. AccelPrime

I certed from lvl 1 jump packs to lvl 5 in one go, and there's barely any difference. It feels like i got lvl 2, and then beyond that nothing has been upgraded, only my certs stolen from me :(. This needs to be addressed to the devs ASAP, as JJ's pretty much make the LA.
  2. kersk

3. KoSGunny

Level 5 JJ here..

SOE needs to fix or start refunding certs. They give you that 'blah blah blah in-game items may change" terms of use crap: But they don't have any disclaimers about tool-tips promising something that is not accurate.

On that note.. 40% of anyone who's spent a single cert would get a refund. Anyone else notice that the tooltips are completely full of it on nearly everything that actually gives you a number? Seriously, fix the broken items and forget this 'OP balance' garbage for a little while. Technical issues are the game's only real problem at this stage, forget the rest.

As an extension: The T9 CARV is OP, but I don't care. Leave it OP and fix bugs instead. I'd rather be killed by an OP gun and have my stuff working properly, while not playing 'whackamole" in zerg battles, than be killed by the same gun that is not OP and be playing whackamole with broken equipment.
  4. Spiffmeister

Upgrading the Jump Jets really should provide a bigger boost than it does IMO. That or they need a different type that gives significantly more upwards thrust (jets that actually make you "jump")
  5. TehPik

i have lvl6 and think the better regen rate alone is worth it
  6. GMajor

Posted this on a new thread but might be useful...

Unfortunately I thought of this one a little too late, so could only review level 1, 5 and 6 but this should give a good indication of height increase and regeneration time between base and max. Playing light assault 90% of the time the jet packs had to be maxed and this really has helped. Hope it provides a little bit of info for anyone wondering if its worth it!

7. UncleNota

Jump jets haven't been fixed yet. Was just in game, didn't use a vehicle at all, and they stopped functioning randomly after I respawned.
  8. souled

This has something to do with switching classes after being a light assault then switching back.

Possibly it happens when you switch classes after a life where you died jetpacking/ out of fuel.

Just my observations.
  9. Niric

I upgraded from the Level 2 to Level 3 the other day to test and see if they had fixed them. At level 2 I was unable to reach the warpgate air vehicle rearming pad. When upgraded to level 3 I was just ever so slightly able to hook my character onto the edge of it and spam jump until it edged me up onto the pad. Even if I didn't line up my vertical effectively - there was no possible way I could reach the pad at level 2 jump jets. I and I wasn't even able to hit my head on them - however I could with level 3.

I don't know maybe I did something different. The people that claim they're still not working- Do you mean the upgrades aren't fixed at all or sometimes the upgrades are no longer active after respawn or something?

As for the recharge rate- I didn't do any testing for that.

Edit:
    I hear this can be triggered by dying and redeploying while holding down the space bar. Upon respawning after deployment your jump jets will not function and can only be fixed by reloging.

-Niric
  10. UncleNota

I went LA to LA with the exact same build, so it wasn't that.

Potentially the second one. Will have to see if I can catch it on film....wasn't recording this afternoon.