Jump Jet Upgrades still broken?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Varamis, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Varamis

I'm just curious if the Jump Jets Rank 3, 4, and 5 are still doing absolutely nothing or if they were hotfixed to work again.

I've been wanting to upgrade my jump jets to level 3 and 4 but have been hesitant to potentially waste certs until I know for sure they are fixed.

Any intel would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. MarcusVitruvius

I just tested it, I did 3 different tests each one multiple times. Count down from 3, hold space on 1, once they fully recharge after hitting the ground, repeat to test regen.

Level 4 vs Level 4 Same
    Level 4 vs Level 5 Same
    Level 1 vs Level 5 Same

I tried logging out and back in, still no change.

It appears that jump jets upgrade certs are bugged, both efficiency and regeneration

Stopwatch shows 3.95 seconds to deplete reserves at level 5 and 10.17 seconds to fully regen (timer was started immediately after depletion)

Everyone should go time their jetpacks and post results here, maybe theres an easy fix in the mean time.
  3. Wildclaw

Trying to measure regen as soon as depleted is not a good approach, as you'll get varying results from measurement to measurement. If you measure from tick 1 to max instead you'll get more steady measurements showing ~20% difference between Level 2 and 5. (still only half of what the tooltip says).

Level 1 only allows you to jump up to the balcony at the warp gate. It is only once you upgrade to level 2 that you can jump up to the roof. If by level 1, you meant level2, then you are right of course.
  4. MarcusVitruvius

Upon further testing, I did record a difference between level 1 (no upgrades) and level 5 (4 upgrades), about 3 seconds in regen time, and .7 seconds in flight time. Momentum does play a role in terms of distance traveled which is more complicated than I care to look into.

At a glance the upgrades for the jump jets add about a meter of vertical thrust and about 3/4 of a second in regen time. Although there is a difference, its certainly not on the level of the medical applicator upgrades.
  5. Aleksandrgrc

man i feel dumb. i was like did the patch mess up my jumppack? i just upgraded this. i should have been more informed. i dont even care my certs are useless for the time being. i just want my jumppack to not feel gimped. it just seems worse not the same, actually worse than before i upgraded it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Erendil

I've not done any timed tests and I only have level 3 jumpjets, but I've definitely noticed a difference at each level in how high/far I can jump and how fast it recharges. I can also "drift" jump farther by tapping my jumpjet key. And, when I got level 3 I tested out the vertical height and I gained about 2m vertical distance over level 2. So there is an improvement going from level 2 to level 3
  7. Scrump

I spec'd Level 5 Jump Jet's last night after great hesitation. From the dirt ground of the warp-gate building (under the air pad), I can jump jet up and onto the air pad.
  8. Varamis

Thanks for all the comments guys, looks like the upgrades are working even if they are minor.

I think I'll be spending my certs on rank 3 and 4 today most likely. Any upgrade to the JJ's even minor seems great, especially for the faster regen speed.
  9. Purple

the biggest things the upgrades get you are the recharge rates.
    • Up x 1
  10. MykeMichail

I tested it going when going from level 2 to 3, and I took a lot more fall damage after reaching level 3. Plan on doing level 4 and 5 together at the same time, and I'm pretty sure a fall from level 5's max height would kill.
    • Up x 1
  11. Krrr8or

I can definitively tell a difference between 1 and 3 but I have not gone higher than that and it seems the percentages are WAY off.
  12. Scrump

Well the percentages aren't actually off. You must realize that we are dealing with small numbers so a 40% increase in fuel on an 4 second total flight time is only around 6 seconds total. I'm at work now, so I cannot get the exact percentage, but I did the math yesterday and it wasn't that off from my rough calculations.
  13. Wildclaw

Sigh. Yet another person doing fail testing, and another person failing to realize that there is a duration upgrade from rank 1 to rank 2.

Anyway, the jet pack is still broken. Rank 2, 3 and 5 still allow you to reach the exact same height. I didn't test regeneration speed this time around, but it is probably safe to say that it still provides the small 6% increase.
  14. Opapanax

I'm thinking this also from time with the jumpjets. My problem is that they will perform differently from day to day. I've had JP level 5 for a good while and I can say from day to day the regeneration rate seems to change. One day I can jet release and watch the meter fill quickly while still in the air. This is when the jets are performing well and I feel a significant bit more improved over standard jets with no points.

But then there are times where the regen rate feels very different and arguably slower. I don't know if its bugs or tweaks they are making but I start to think I'm just going nuts..

Also I've stated before about how being on certain continents makes the jp perform differently. Has anyone done these controlled test on all 3 continents. I think that would be a huge help to really nail down all this Jetpack stuff..

Light Assaults unite!
  15. Bograff

I've only got jump jets 3 but when I first upgrade them I immediately noticed a difference in jump height and recharge rate. For the past few days it feels like I've been using level 1 again though.
  16. Quiiliitiila

Gee, I hope these are fixed before I get my new computer next week... I don't want to jump into a broken class... Still, it's my favorite so I suppose I can deal :D
  17. Erendil

Interesting. I tested Level 2 and Level 3 right before and after I upgraded and got almost a 2m height increase with Level 3.
  18. Wineclaw

Tested regen from level 2 to level 3.

Level 2 yielded a 0 to 100% regen time of roughly 9 seconds.
    Level 3, miniscule difference. 8 and 49/100 of a second.

A change of ~6%. Not sure if this is correct or not given both the fuel capacity and regen speeds both increase, but based on wildclaw's post, it's probably correct.

As for height: No difference...
  19. Wildclaw

Upgraded jetpacks to level 6 and I am happy to say that the duration actually got upgraded for the first time since level 2.

I can now suicide by jetting straight up and reach almost the upper most part on the "wings" on the warp gate main building. (lower levels only get you to the lower part of the wings)
  20. Wildclaw

With some more testing, I am really happy that the duration increase is enough that it is now possible to get up on a bio dome via its legs. I have really wanted to do that for a long time. :)