[Suggestion] JJ Rework

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Corezer, May 22, 2013.

1. Corezer

Looking at the Heavy, The abilities are much more similar to each other than our own. All are a shield, just different modifications. Our jets are very different, drifters dont make you go up (cept wall climbing, but that isnt the jet, thats the wall)

Since the JJ is for mobility, it was easy to come up with modifications using the existing vehicle frames.

"Drifter" JJs:
    What we have now, easier to use much like the surger makes vehicles handle more easily. You can take more obtuse routes than with the "Racer" and be more readily able to act in a less than predictable manner. The tactician's choice. Increased capacity and recharge 60%

"Racer" JJs:
    Increasing Thrust and recharge instead of capacity, these will get you places faster. However, the increased speed comes with increased momentum, increasing your turn radius and causing you to need more fuel (which you have less of) to change direction. This means more moving in straight lines, less flying around things but better flying to them. The objective rusher's choice. Increased thrust and recharge 60%

"Combat" JJs
    Changes momentum and recharges faster instead of capacity, also uses sprint CoF. Still wont be as quick to ADAD as on the ground, and you will have the distance clearing ability of level 1 "Drifter" JJs, but the ability to round corners when under fire and fight effectively from the air is hard to under estimate. The front line fighter's choice. Momentum change and fuel capacity increased 60%, sprint CoF used while space bar is held.
    • Up x 3
  2. MajiinBuu

These are some neat ideas.
    Here's one of my ideas for this;
    (Not sure what to call it) a jump jet that has massive vertical thrust but very little horizontal(like 3 or 5 meters).
    It would be useful for scaling high places, like going from the ground to the landing pads at a large outpost, or up to the top of a tower without having to rest on the empire flag. Not sure what the cooldown would be. Capacity would be small since you boost up a lot faster, capacity wouldn't be needed.
    Momentum wouldn't be changed, faster recharge could be certed into, along with slightly more horizontal distance.
  3. urida

What your talking about are the icarus jump jets that were in the beta but have since been removed. Not sure why

I personally am a fan of the vast difference between drifter and jump jets. I prefer to have a totally different playstyle available to me.

Along that train of thought the 3rd style of jets i would like to see would be a single powerful burst that would launch you at a 45 degree angle or so (similar to the dark troopers ability in Star Wars Battlefront 2) This would again be vastly different than the other jump jets and would again create a new playstyle. I'm pretty sure this suggestion has been made b4 but just thought i'd put it out there
    • Up x 1
  4. Kronic

There was also a Jet type that lets you glide across the floor like skiing in tribes. Idk who suggested it though.
  5. MajiinBuu

You had a good childhood
  6. urida

agreed :)
  7. Wolfwood82

I'm sure a number of people have suggested it but I made the most recent one as far as I know. It's actually what I thought Drifters were going to be like when I first read the description. Then I tried them out and realized they were fairly useless to me.

I like the 3 suggestions the OP had as well. Would those be in addition to the standard JJs?
  8. Corezer

The first one is what we have now. Capacity/recharge