[BUG] Jan 20 2021 Update - Super lag

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Scatterblak

Basically unplayable this evening, On Emerald, same for friends and squaddies. Anyone else? Server ping keeps spiking to 8K+, can't turn invis or enable shield or interact with anything, etc., then it bounced back down. This is happening 1 or 2 times per minute at 7:45pm central (if some dev somewhere wants to check the logs).
    • Up x 2
  2. The Grand Crusader

Yeah this is horrible. Can't even play the game at all. Connection quality is poor and everything is delayed ingame. Takes a minute or more to login. Once I get to a fight, everyone is warping around and popping in and out of existence, then I magically die from someone a mile away. I am very happy that I unsubbed from this game last year because of crap like this. Now that Wrel is fully in charge of the game, you should expect more problems like this in the future.

Update - I tried logging into my alt on Connery and it appears it is a Emerald server problem. Connery works just fine. No lag or connection quality issues on Connery. So for now until they fix whatever is happening on Emerald, I would play on another server.
  3. Nikushimi

Pretty sure the raspberry pi they are using for a server just cant handle the load, but either way Hashtag FireWrel.
    • Up x 1
  4. JustGotSuspended

:D:D:D

either that or their "performance update" is just like any other they've done and ruined performance even more
  5. DarkQuark

I just played for a bit in a couple of decent sized battles on Emerald. Everything appeared fine to me.
  6. JustGotSuspended

yeah they fixed it its better now. Still get some lat spikes here and there
  7. ican'taim

they did a server mitigation so servers might be weird for a day or two.

Also emerald is notorious for lag spikes which is why I play on connery (even if that means dealing with TR's horrible zergfit leadership).
  8. homedepot51

im done supporting this game if rpg dont get their **** together, already canceled my subscription
    • Up x 1