[Suggestion] Jammer/Disruptor pike

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LegendarySalmonSnake, May 17, 2017.

1. LegendarySalmonSnake

Wrote this idea on another thread but thought I'd get more opinions on by making my own thread.

Jammer/Disruptor (I guess disruptor sounds cooler) pike. "It would deal the normal melee damage when wielded with more range but with slow swings and no quick melee. When equipped and swung at a vehicle it would visibly jam itself into the the vehicle where it was hit. This could also apply to maxes. When a vehicle has a pike jammed into them they will receive the same negative effects that a vehicle would suffer if it was burning meaning gradual damage and loss of engine power. This effect wouldn't be as intense when the pike was jammed into the vehicle but would reach identical levels after a period of time, say 30 seconds for air vehicles and half for ground vehicles and maxes. Max's ability cooldowns/energy recovery would be gradually increased and its movement speed would slow down to a crawl. Multiple pikes would speed up the the process of negative effects. The pike can be removed by shooting it off which would cause minor damage to the vehicle/max or with a rep tool in which case there would be no more negative effects. Only one pike can be active at a time but multiple can be carried around and used for melee. Jamming assist XP would be earned if the vehicle/max was destroyed with your pike active along with normal assist XP and air deterrance." (sorry for wall of text)

All the values of the effects and the effects themselves are ofcourse debatable. What I would like to have in game in short is spear type weapon that I can satisfyingly and violently jam into an enemy. >:]

Think about drifter jetting with this thing to a ground bounding lib or esf mid flight and watching them struggle to escape and crash.
  2. DeadlyOmen

Sounds cool!

Unfortunately, with the level of crying each weapon gets, it should be renamed the Salt Spike.
    • Up x 1