Jaguar vs Lynx post GU8

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by FPSnoob, May 13, 2013.

1. FPSnoob

So after realizing that TR carbines get a 40 round mag, I decided to give TR engie and light assault a try!

Which one would you guys recommend as viable for both classes?

I know that the Jag has the one of the 2 weapons with the lowest hip fire cone but the Lynx has a faster rate of fire

Kind of torn
  2. vaxx

Honestly....Trac-5.

If I had to choose between those, I would go Lynx.
    • Up x 1
  3. untilted

well, both of them are good weapons. the differences are quite minimal. just try them out in VR and pick the one you feel more comfortable with (i picked the jaguar myself).

that said - if you only have a limited amount of SC to spend: get the AV mana turret if you haven't already and keep the default gun. the carbines are sidegrades, the turret on the other hand is a *very effective* upgrade. i dare to say that the AV turret is a game-changer just like the SMG is for infiltrators and rocketpods are for ESF.
  4. Kronic

Well the Jag sucks now, it bounces around too much so it's absolutely useless past 40m while the Lynx can still be used past that range and ever since the nerf to the Lynx I've been using the Trac-5 more anyway. It's easy to forget how good a default weapon is.
    • Up x 2
  5. FnkyTwn

Jaguar got slightly nerfed with GU08, but it's still amazing for a Carbine.
    I tend to like Medium-Range Carbines, but for CQC you'd want the Lynx.
    The Jaguar does pretty well in CQC, and it's mid-game is still awesome.
    The Lynx bounces around too much past 30m to be reliable for mid-range.
  6. FPSnoob

Ah that's a very good point
    I was planning to pick up AV turret with certs on my vs char but I think I will get it for station cash once the 2x or 3x station cash comes around again
    That why I can use the AV turret on all the Engies!
    Account wide unlocks work like that right?
  7. DiveXx

They do ;)
  8. DiveXx

I went back to the trac 5 s, still a good gun. I gonna try the t5 amc next i think.
  9. XRIST0

Jaguar is a beast , what are you guys on about ? i find that it is still TR's most accurate carbine ..

Burst fire it , its all about how you control the gun .

Lynx is for hipfire nubs , thats my 2 certs .
  10. vaxx

I agree. I even went back to the Solstice on my VS. I have not used it since the first few weeks of release. Wow, its a damn fine gun, just like the Trac-5.

Accurate? Anything is accurate 0-30m out. Any gun with unbalanced horizontal recoil I would hardly call accurate past closer ranges. Even before the GU08 nerf I found the Lynx to be more accurate at med-long range over the Jag. The Lynx has a predictable pattern that you control. The Jag has a pattern that you cannot.

Not sure what your on about hipfire nubs? Makes no sense. Have you ever used the Lynx?
    • Up x 1
  11. Kronic

I don't agree at all. The Jag even before the nerf had a lot of horizontal recoil, felt like a T9 Carv to me and to me, nearly all of the TR carbines were more accurate because of their mono-directional pull. They're as accurate as the user can make them basically while the Jag was/is limited by its left to right bouncy recoil that's uncontrollable. Anyways the Jag has a tighter hipfire spread than the Lynx so really, that's the "hipfire nub" gun :p
  12. XRIST0

I dont know where you get this left and right bouncy recoil from :rolleyes:

Stop holding the trigger down and burst your rounds .

You can basically shoot a dime with the jaguar , you guys must be bad .

To say its uncontrollable is just over the top .
  13. vaxx

So instead of having a discussion, you just insult people and tell them "you guys must be bad". Are you 12?

Not sure how much more clear I can be....
    FACT: Jaguar has uneven horizontal recoil to the left and right. This cannot be controlled by the player. This recoil got increased in GU08. This makes more bullets miss (even when burst firing) at longer distances. Sure you can still kill at longer ranges, or even shoot 1-2 round bursts. But it isn't as reliable.
    FACT: Lynx, Trac-5, T5-AMC, etc. etc... Have mono (that means one) direction recoil. This can be controlled by a player. You compensate for the direction. In this case the Lynx goes up and to the right. With the right compensation you can make more bullets land in your bursts.

Now lets get into player stats, since "I must be bad".

YOU have 0 kills with the Lynx, and no other carbines...oh except for 14 kills with the Trac-5. You have 1094 kills with the Jag and 128 headshots for it.

I have 1157 kills with the Lynx. I have 1383 kills with the Jag and 224 headshots for it. As well as other carbines.

Point being, you don't have enough carbine experience to call someone else "bad". Your opinion is based off nothing. You ignore facts, and really just end up sounding ignorant. My SPM is higher, my headshot average is higher, and my K/D is higher than you. If I am "bad", what are you?
    • Up x 2
  14. XRIST0

I dont care what your stats are , you want a medal or something ? your K/D is 0.2 higher , get over yourself please :rolleyes:

I have used all the carbines .. TO ME , i find the Jaguar is the most accurate .

I do fine with it , if you "cant control the recoil" yes you must be bad .

Control the gun , dont just hold down the trigger ... you are doing it wrong man

Your opinion is not fact , neither is mine .. so dont be so damn persistant
  15. vaxx

So you have used all the carbines....in the VR I take it? :rolleyes: Because you have not used any besides the Jag in battle.

You say I am bad, yet, how do you measure it? I couldn't care less about stats, but you want to say someone is bad, then try to base it something. The childish, tired, old "l2p" thing is getting ridiculous, so I showed you player stats that prove you are wrong.

Obviously I can control the recoil better than you. Obviously, I don't just hold down the trigger, not sure why you keep saying that.. So, again, if I am bad with it, what does that make you?

Facts are facts. 0.225/0.275 left and right recoil pattern is a fact, not an opinion. Tell me recoil master, how do you compensate for that at say 60-100m's?

For instance the Lynx at 0.225/0.25 right recoil pattern only (fact by the way), I can pull down and to the left with my mouse to compensate at distance.

So you going to answer the questions, or just try to act like a badass with nothing to really to say?
  16. XRIST0

Did i say l2p ? all i said was if you cant control the recoil of the jaguar you must be bad :rolleyes:

"Jaguar has uneven horizontal recoil to the left and right. This cannot be controlled by the player "

I just recorded this , i burst fired them exactly the same . The Lynx just wants to pull to the right and in general is harder to control than the Jaguar ..

Trac 5 is just all over the place i didnt even bother with it , thats how bad it is .

Stats and numbers mean nothing to me , the jaguar clearly has a more even recoil pattern .. the Lynx is just a horrible gun to use if you ask me .
  17. Kronic

How the Lynx looks like when you can control it.
    4:00 and onwards. It's all down to practice. Trac 5 being even more easy to use considering it has a lower recoil angle and less horizontal recoil.
  18. MorganM

The increase in horizontal recoil is barely noticeable. I still don't even need a forward grip even into medium range. To me the reason I chose the Jag over the Lynx is how easy it was to compensate for recoil. With the Lynx it pulls to the right; deal breaker for me. Jag only pulls up and the horizontal spread is so minimal. Aim for the chest and it always pulls up to the head. Not so with the Lynx; you have to know where to aim more precisely if you want the recoil to land shots predictably.

I know... I know... L2P... some dudes are just better than me and they love their Lynx. Good for them but that's not me. I can recognize my weakness in aiming and I know I can't compensate for pulling to the right and I can't predictably account for the Lynx horizontal recoil in the heat of a gun fight. The Jag is a no brainer...I put the cross hairs where I want the bullets to land and I know it will always pull straight up.

Been very happy with my Jag + laser sight + IRNV or Reflex optics
  19. Farlion

I have no trouble with the Jaguar at all. I'm using it less because I have auraxium on it, but it's still my first choice carbine.

The Lynx, on the other hand is absolutely horrendous now. Unless the player I'm hitting is a terribad, it is very difficult to kill him when compared with the Jaguar.

No brainer for me.
    Jaguar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lynx.
  20. y3ivan

for CQC get a shotgun.
    carbines are meant for 30m range